Forums > Help! > I am the slow kid in Class!!!

Login/Join to Participate

Goddessdastranger
24 posts

Posted:
I am having the hardest time finding fuel. I went the walmart. they have coleman fuel but there was no way for Me to know if that is what I wanted (white fuel).. I have yet to find karosine. ( I dont even know if I am spelling it right).
there has to be fuel out there that is easy to find.......
Goddess DA

Real happiness is when you marry a guy for love and find out later he has money.
-- Bob Monkhouse

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Coleman camp fuel is what we use on a regular basis down here (which can be found at walmart). This is white gas, so most likely it is what you wanted. The coleman comes in a silver rectangular canister with a red stripe across it and black lettering. Hope that helps somewhat.

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
Try getting lamp oil. It's in the candle section of walmart. We usually get the ultrapure smokeless stuff. It's quite similar to Kerosine. biggrin

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Walmart should also sell Lamp Oil (in with the oil lamps/candles) which is better than coleman. Its similar to Kerosene.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Hah, cody beat me by a few seconds.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
Man ICoN you and I must be on the same wavelength... and it crosses the US. biggrin

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

CTHobbitBRONZE Member
God Emperor Hobbit
15 posts

Posted:
Written by: ICoN

Walmart should also sell Lamp Oil (in with the oil lamps/candles) which is better than coleman. Its similar to Kerosene.

I don't know that I would say "better", but it's definitely different. It all depends on what you want from your fuel.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I wouldn't buy ultra pure smokeless stuff, as far as I know it just has lots more nasty chemicals in it to make it "appear" cleaner when burning but actually it isn't. Regular kerosine or parafin (both are lamp oil) will do just fine for outdoors burning fun. Do you have farm type shops by you? They usually have stock too, and petrol stations often sell it over here but I don't know if they do in the US.

Good luck, I hope you find some soon smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove