Forums > Help! > I am the slow kid in Class!!!

Login/Join to Participate

Goddessda
stranger
Total posts: 24
Posted:I am having the hardest time finding fuel. I went the walmart. they have coleman fuel but there was no way for Me to know if that is what I wanted (white fuel).. I have yet to find karosine. ( I dont even know if I am spelling it right).
there has to be fuel out there that is easy to find.......
Goddess DA

Real happiness is when you marry a guy for love and find out later he has money.
-- Bob Monkhouse

Delete Topic

spritie
spritie

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2014
Posted:Coleman camp fuel is what we use on a regular basis down here (which can be found at walmart). This is white gas, so most likely it is what you wanted. The coleman comes in a silver rectangular canister with a red stripe across it and black lettering. Hope that helps somewhat.

Delete

Cody
Cody

That guy from Reno
Total posts: 556
Posted:Try getting lamp oil. It's in the candle section of walmart. We usually get the ultrapure smokeless stuff. It's quite similar to Kerosine. biggrin

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

Delete

MikeIcon
MikeIcon

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2109
Posted:Walmart should also sell Lamp Oil (in with the oil lamps/candles) which is better than coleman. Its similar to Kerosene.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Delete

MikeIcon
MikeIcon

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2109
Posted:Hah, cody beat me by a few seconds.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Delete

Cody
Cody

That guy from Reno
Total posts: 556
Posted:Man ICoN you and I must be on the same wavelength... and it crosses the US. biggrin

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

Delete

CTHobbit
CTHobbit

God Emperor Hobbit
Total posts: 15
Posted:Written by: ICoN

Walmart should also sell Lamp Oil (in with the oil lamps/candles) which is better than coleman. Its similar to Kerosene.

I don't know that I would say "better", but it's definitely different. It all depends on what you want from your fuel.

Delete

Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
Posted:I wouldn't buy ultra pure smokeless stuff, as far as I know it just has lots more nasty chemicals in it to make it "appear" cleaner when burning but actually it isn't. Regular kerosine or parafin (both are lamp oil) will do just fine for outdoors burning fun. Do you have farm type shops by you? They usually have stock too, and petrol stations often sell it over here but I don't know if they do in the US.

Good luck, I hope you find some soon smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete