Stormy, Queen of VodkaThe HoP Industrial Rainbow Fairy
385 posts

Posted:
Fluffy poi? I only ask this because I'm having a set made by a custom manufacturer in a week's time and I'm wondering if it's worth confirming the order and getting them, or just buying plain rainbow multi-tailed poi. They'll be white fluff with neon pink strings. Has anyone had any experience with fluffy poi? If so are they better or worse than standard fabrics? Are they a waste of time? weavesmiley

†.You've got invisible fangs and cherry nun bangs,
Your erotic cabaret is non stop
You're wearing too many belts
And I bet they leave welts
Shut up and dance cause I wanna pop.†

lllk
182 posts

Posted:
no experience myself but i'd imagine that after a while they would get really really dirty, and maybe bobble or mat after a few uses/washes.

you should post a pic of them somewhere so we can all see what they look like cool what colour will they be? Pink? are they pink? wow

385 posts

Posted:
heh they're white fluff with neon pink strings. I can't post a pic, cause I'm having them custom made. at the moment they don't exist biggrin but they DO sell something similar in the HoP shop
https://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails.php/fire/115/poi/18
Cept the fluff is a LOT longer and hairer on the ones I'll be getting, they'll be white fluffed, and the strings will be neon pink biggrin

385 posts

Posted:
Finally got my fluffy ones, and I have to say I'm in love! Great practice poi, and fantastic for learning new moves/brushing up on moves. They don't hurt if you hit yourself, and you can spin for AGES because they're virtually weightless. A fantastic buy which I'd advise anyone to get

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I have red sequinned ones with red sequin material tails as well.
They do look pretty and were really easy to make. Just look home made...

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

385 posts

Posted:
Sequins ooh! Nice idea! Might have to try making my own, is it difficult?

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
you should buy fire poi just practice with them till your realy good then use them on fire. this way you dont have to buy regular poi and then buy fire poi when you are ready
it just saves money

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Written by:

Originally posted by native
this way you dont have to buy regular poi and then buy fire poi when you are ready

not entirely true... different poi allow you to do different things... I know I don't like getting soot all over me by practicing with my fire poi, I personally have sock poi, beamers, fish tail poi, flags, glo poi, and fire poi... all day fun really... rolleyes

Fluffy poi are fun to use, look cute, and are great snuggle up to on those long cold nights...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Written by: native

you should buy fire poi just practice with them till your realy good then use them on fire. this way you dont have to buy regular poi and then buy fire poi when you are ready
it just saves money

I had been doing the same thing, until I started learning BTB weave turns and BTB butterfly weaves. My sock poi came back out after the back of my head was as red as raw meat.

385 posts

Posted:
I'm thinking of getting hold of some three-tailed poi. Rainbow ones cause I've heard they're really versatile. I tried them out cause I borrowed them from the shop I buy from (I know the owners, so trying all kinds of new poi is a doddle for me!) and they're great. I'm gonna eventually progress to fire, but for the moment it's easier to learn moves on my fluffy poi cause they're VERY head friendly biggrin

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
Its like collecting, you want to have one of everything. Tails, Fire, Sock, LED, Glowstick, Fluffy and oh so many more. I've done the same with devil stick i have a Devil stick, Gripstick, Flowerstick, Firestick and a Club (Yes a club) and various types of hand sticks. Its not about money its about love. I'd sell anything (especially clothes, They'd be first to go) if i had no devilsticks left. Arrg the mere thought of it. Its fun having lots of equipment it makes you feel really cool picking from a selection and tayloring them to your situation, like indoors, outdoors, Raining, Sunny or windy. I knew i couldn't not sound Sad and lame but hey it had to be written

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
absolutely! everything Devilstick Russell said biggrin

and you can just tie some small ankle socks around your fire poi heads with some elastic bands, then you can practise with the weight of your fire poi without getting dirty .....

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile