• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Technical Discussion > how long to color mixtures last?

Login/Join to Participate

Total posts: 5
Posted:this is my first time experimenting with color. i read the faq and threads but haven't seen this addressed.

how long does the mixture generally last? for example, will the solution of chems and fuel remain "active" if i were to store it for use later on? or is it a one shot thing only?

specifically i was thinking of using lithium chloride and denatured alcohol for the fourth of july. i would like to experiment with it beforehand, however, i'm not sure if the mixture would still work (or be as potent) after sitting around for a few days.

does it even matter?

now available in "advanced"
Total posts: 6086
Posted:As far as I know the mixture shouldn't get any weaker by being made in advance, unless the lithium Chloride should drop out of the solution.

if this does happen, it will only need a shake in a bottle to re-dissolve it!(i think)

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."