Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Hi peoples,

Has it been done, poi like 5 meters long or more.. I imagine that you would have to stand on a ladder or riser or something. But anyway is there anyone out there who has done it. Got any pics? Would really like to see them.

T.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Hi, how are ya.
Have you seen the main Board Page?
https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi

There are topics of discussion there. One of which happens to be Technical Discussion which is all about Tools and toys. I know this because it says it on there. Feel free to search through there for responses. Also feel free to post questions such as this there as that's what it's for.
Thank you.

Oh, in direct answering, I've never seen one that long.

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
A while back I remember seeing a pic of a guy on stilts with a set of incredibly long practice poi, that looked crazy. Can't remember if that pic was on this site or another.

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
There have been long poi already. I've seen people use 5 foot long chains, maybe almost 2 meters. But to reach 5 meters (15 feet) that's a little much. They are hardly poi at that length and patterns would be all but impossible with 2.

[ 24 May 2002, 07:56: Message edited by: Pele'sWhippingBoy ]

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

orangemember
158 posts

Posted:
i do stilt sets with both long poi and long staff
all patterns are do-able as i use dura-stilts - the arcs take longer is all - but with the right weighted ends - its all full of whooshing goodness

and it`s also possible to catch moving bus`s on them
boy do the back passengers look surprised
especially when i`m a 12 foot tall alien

i make my own fire poi and so incorporate a -long to short poi conversionable`ness to my design

hope this helped some if you check back again...

swoopedinandswoopedoutagain...orange...xxx...

Maelstrommember
135 posts

Posted:
Here in Ohio a couple of us put our poi together and create a 6 foot long set, with a poi head every foot. Of course the safteies are right there in cause the user gets tangled up. They are alot of fun, and make for a really great work out.

Nothing good ever comes from hanging out with normal people.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Seems to me they'd be a b!ch to get going... and once you do you could treat it like a reely long meteor.