• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > Whats Your Fave Tune To Spin To???

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 1234
Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3276
Posted:I think the topic name says it all.... i cant really answer this one myself 2 well.... outkast - bombs over bagdad, but i think that was mainly from watchin shadowfires video that was on here. x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete Topic

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted:I once did a performance on stage to Linkin Parks "Session". Its bassicly a drum and piano track. It was preety good...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

Kapura Mataaro
Kapura Mataaro

HoP resident longboarder.
Total posts: 195
Posted:ooohhh...i hear the sounds of a thread getting the evil eye...

"surely a longboarding fire spinner should have no trouble getting some action!"- NYC....

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Posted:meh? What does that mean?

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:Y is it getting the evil eye???

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

Delete

Kapura Mataaro
Kapura Mataaro

Posted:Kaji....SIMPLY LOVES threads about music....and i think its something to do with everyone having talked about it...but hey, i could be wrong...
EDITED_BY: Kapura Mataaro (1088084763)

"surely a longboarding fire spinner should have no trouble getting some action!"- NYC....

Delete

Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:..... Sorry i spoke

Delete

Kapura Mataaro
Kapura Mataaro

Posted:no,no, no...not what i intended...
believe...i didn't mean to be taken in that context... what i was trying to say was that i got stung a while back for doing a music thread and i thought i'd just try and point out that because it has been done, they usually squash the others because there is one... but yeah, after re-reading my posts i apoligise.

Delete

Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:O...ok, sorry!!! All i wanted to do was learn some new tunes... and times change so i doubt people are gonna b sayin the same tunes they did last time!!!

Delete

Tao Star
Tao Star

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 1662
Posted:you're right, but for search reasons (i.e making it so that a billion threads don't pop up when you search for music) people tend to prefer it if you bump an old one and add your comments to that.

a continually interesting subject though...

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Delete

Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:ok then... thats fair enough i guess.... but this thread is already out there now... theres just no going back!!! And i'll give a big internet kiss to anybody who can tell me what tune the lyrics are from on my signature!!!

Delete

Mags The Jedi
Mags The Jedi

Fool
Total posts: 2020
Posted:That'd be Atmosphere - The Woman With The Tattooed Hands

I love spinning to Muse, Tool (the faster ones), The Cure, APhex Twin, Four Tet, Squarepusher, King Tubby, Lee Perry, Radiohead, Roots Manuva...

I could go on.

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Delete

Raven_WolfeRun
Raven_WolfeRun

journeyman
Total posts: 91
Posted:Techno version of 'Send me an Angel' had LOADS of uber fun with staff

May the flame on your balls not be too hot

Delete

Fireflye
Total posts: 82
Posted:Anything by Amon Tobin and I'm set!!! His music was written to spin to!

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in to stop my mind from wandering....

Delete

Spontaneously Combustable
Spontaneously Combustable

The cuter FRD
Total posts: 214
Posted:I like to spin with Screamadelica
devil

----There are no opportunities, only problems----

Delete

Good
Total posts: 55
Posted:I like to spin to Dub from New Zealand- my favorite album is the first Gathering Compilation, and Dub Combinations- I get it from smokecds.com, and you can hear samples there.

take the schneak-tip

Delete

Flapjacks
part of the lonely trio
Total posts: 137
Posted:Me and a friend did a lil routine to "Never Had A Friend Like Me" from Disney's Aladdin. Man, that was fun.

smells like burning teenagers..

Delete

_Clare_
_Clare_

Still wiggling
Total posts: 5967
Posted:Dub from NZ is really nice at the mo - do you have the Salmonella Dub 'Inside the Dub Plates' album?! It's good, reminds me of being in NZubblol
You guys all seem to like spinning to fast stuff... I'm happiest with something I can dance to, so am really into my old skool funk - Grandmaster Flash, Parliament, The Commodores, etc.peace
When I was in Thailand I picked up a fantastic compilation CD called Funky Breaks and Sampled Soul - it has all the original songs of the samples used in today's charts - samples used by people like Groove Armada and Moby. More often, the originals were infinitely better.
It's a great CD to firedance to - lots of room for expression (I'm not a big fan of crazy-fast spinning).
Anyways, I know I'm adding to a new thread on an old topic, so sorry to all those who have seen this a million times - I just haven't posted on this subject yet redface
Thanks xo

Getting to the other side smile

Delete

Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:"Mags The Jedi" .... i am sending you the biggest internet snog ever!!! haha you got it in one!

Grotbox - check your PM. Is there anybody else from round the hastings way on here??? x

Delete

Mags The Jedi
Mags The Jedi

Fool
Posted:*recovers and gets up off the floor*

Cheers.

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Delete

Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:haha... who said anything bout being on the floor!

Delete

Mags The Jedi
Mags The Jedi

Fool
Posted:That was just the shock of being electronically snogged.

You can get nasty burns doing things like that to people...

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Posted:Must...avoid...obvious....comment.... gah!

Delete

Vixen
Vixen

Carpal \'Tunnel
Posted:hahaha u mean nasty burns from the snogging... or nasty burns from the floor!!! (Im guessing thats what F_R_B was gettin at!!!)

Delete

DeepSoulSheep
DeepSoulSheep

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 2617
Posted:Luke Vibert - Cheng Phooey biggrin

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Delete

pounce
pounce

All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
Total posts: 9831
Posted:depends on my mood. some favs are....

DJ Oz (local DJ)
Frankie Bones
"Shine a Light" by Nimrod

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Delete

Mags The Jedi
Mags The Jedi

Fool
Posted:Electrical burns, carpet burns, chinese burns, paraffin burns. I love them all.

Sublime are a great band to spin to, simply cos the timing changes many times in each song.

But to be fair, anything can be spun to. I know there are lots of threads about the place concerning only doing the right amount of beats for the tempo of the tune, blah blah blah, but it's all about what you want to listen to at the time.

Lots of hippies banging drums. That's what i like spinning to.

Delete

pounce
pounce

All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
Total posts: 9831
Posted:i think i'm going to have to find an Electric Skychurch song to spin to....they rock!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Delete

Mistress Aurora
Mistress Aurora

Hot Schtuff
Total posts: 1032
Posted:It depends on my mood and also the song

I spin from one extreme type of music to the other. Just as long as it is fun and good sounding then I'm all for it. Really into my country music though at the moment wink ubblol

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Delete

kiteman
Flying high!
Total posts: 245
Posted:Deep tribal house.

Moody basslines and funky drum patterns. wow

If everything seems under control, your not going fast enough!

It's not the size of the wave, it's the length of the ride!

Delete

Stormy, Queen of Vodka
Stormy, Queen of Vodka

The HoP Industrial Rainbow Fairy
Total posts: 385
Posted:Roots MAnuva is great to spin too, but the Murderdolls are good for me too. I love spinning to slit my wrist or love at first fright. Great tracks that get me bouncing biggrin

Actually, I dunno if you people have heard of them, but there's a little known Italian band now residing in America called Dopestars Inc. They are AMAZING!!!! I love to spin to their music, I've got the album now and it's brilliant! I'd highly recommend them to anyone!

http://www.dopestarsinc.com

if you're interested in finding out more. They're kind of a synth goth/rock/punk mix and their music is so in your face and upbeat you find yourself nodding along to it before you've even realised what it is I hope you people like it as much as I do! ubblove

EDITED_BY: StormFeather (1089153538)

.You've got invisible fangs and cherry nun bangs,
Your erotic cabaret is non stop
You're wearing too many belts
And I bet they leave welts
Shut up and dance cause I wanna pop.

Delete

Page: 1234