Forums > Social Chat > me soooo jealous!!!!!!!

Login/Join to Participate

Aphrodites Faeriemember
8 posts

Posted:
GRRRR... all I see is Loundon... Loundon Loundon... Does anything ever happen in the western hemisphere? I live in South-Eatern U.S. and NOTHING in any realation to Poi ever happens here except for the occasional rolling guys who attempt to teach you things... I WANT TO LEARN MORE from others, but in the lonly state of Tennessee I might find two people who are seriously intersted in Poi.... UGH UHG UGH
Lord Jesus help me regian my patients!!!!

Sorry if I'm bitching... I'm just tierd of the lack of culture around me!!!

***Billee***

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
move to B.C. in Canada. There are apparently lots of spinners in Victoria

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
I'm in Blacksburg, Virginia
there's a few people from NC

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
I'll be in toronto soon, but thats a fair distance eh?

Yeah, London rules.

I'm coming back one day

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Everybody, move to London

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
BURNING MAN!!!!! BLACK ROCK CITY!!!!!! MORE FIRE TWIRLERS THEN YOU MAY SEE ANYWHERE!!!!!! ITS IN NEVADA!!!!

here's the site. this event puts anything in london to shame.

www.burningman.com

no link, just go

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

the man behind the curtainmember
52 posts
Location: second star on the right and straight on till morn...

Posted:
if your ever in san diego let me know. there are a couple groups that meet. and i have a few beginers who spin on tuesdays.

may you travel far andlive in interesting times.unless you a bhuddist in which case i wish you nothing

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
"BURNING MAN!!!!! BLACK ROCK CITY!!!!!! MORE FIRE TWIRLERS THEN YOU MAY SEE ANYWHERE!!!!!! ITS IN NEVADA!!!!"

Can't deny that there are Millions of fire twirlers here, but if you go and try to find some people to teach you amazing tricks it’s hard. Since there are so mnay twirlers there you find that most are average or at least know as many tricks as you do. You have to really dig for the ones that are *really* highly talented - not that everyone who fire twirls doesn't have talent. All I am saying, with that many fire-twirlers it's hard to weed out the really experienced/professional ones to talk to because BM is just SOOOO huge..... and I really mean huge. It's the biggest festival I have ever been too, and probably is the biggest festival of its type in the world.

All I can say is if you live in the USA it would definitely be worth going. But make sure you have a bike, because feet and walking just don't cut the distances you have to travel to find camps and people.

But yeah for all you American Joes Burning Man is a very firey and cool place to go.

Heh "Cool" what a pun….. I should say really HOT place to go

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
all you people living outside the desert always whine and complain when it gets above 90F. its not that hot. burning man conditions remind me of everyday life. minus the nice people and tents.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Hey master Na

I live in the driest state on the driest continent on earth....I think it is anyway.. could be wrong, please correct me if I am...

I know what hot temperatures are like, and yep BM doesn't get as hot as it sometimes gets here.

I am not complaining about the heat, I live it and breathe it 3 months of the year. Although that’s not entirely true I like in the major capital of this state, and it’s reasonably mild here, with temperatures only reaching a maximum of about 39oC. Where as if you travel inland to the vast nothingness that is this state, it can get up to 45oC-48oC but that’s a heat wave…

Anyway I was only saying that BM is hot because I think it is important to tell people who aren't used to the heat that BM can get really HOT, and that it's important, so you can keep your fluids up, wear lots of sunscreen, a hat, t-shirt and stay in the shade in the hottest part of the day etc...

So I am not having a wine, just trying to be helpful of other HOPers that might not be used to the heat and are considering the trek to BM that’s all.

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
Yep, there are several of us fire spinners over here in Charlotte and Raleigh, NC. If you're ever out this way, look us up and we'll meet up for a spin. There is a gallery crawl in Charlotte every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month with a large drum circle, sometimes belly dancers, and fire spinners.

Fear the evil monkey!

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Supafly:
Yep, there are several of us fire spinners over here in Charlotte and Raleigh, NC. If you're ever out this way, look us up and we'll meet up for a spin. There is a gallery crawl in Charlotte every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month with a large drum circle, sometimes belly dancers, and fire spinners.
man, i'm TOTALLY there!
do you know glowshow?

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

SupaflyBRONZE Member
TNT
173 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I'm the fella that got him started on fire. Now, of course, he's a complete addict and that kid has got some mad skillz. I invited him out to the drum circles and he seems to enjoy that scene too. Very cool guy to say the least. You ever make it over our way?

Fear the evil monkey!