RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
this is exact cut from spherculsim because I'm too busy pissing people off to edit.. wink ubbloco ubblol

"<
in the weave section you'll find scattered descriptions in the 'agaisnt the grain' reverse weave or something like that... there are some clear points.. and then my mixed ramblings as it finally clicked with me.. I will ahve full descripsiotns of everything done either friday or sunday night.. with vids made sunday night or monday..

basics.. you won't notice when you are antispinning the stuff like a butterfly or a 2bt weave.. because well the hand motions is more inverted hand position then movement... so we'll skip ahead to two major divisions..

3bt nips weave-
start with the left side forward weave twisted up.. ie left hand over right hand.. now you need to take the left hand off the right and under the right and lead to the right side.. or you can take the right out from under and push it back over the left arm.. I don't suggest this because the left hand is your lead hand this side so it works best to do it the first way.. ahh hell let me draw it wink

Code:

l
|
|
L (over right)
R body
|
|
r

r
|
L|
|R body
|
l

l
|
|
L (under right)
R body
|
|
r

that's the left side of a 3bt nips weave starting from a twisted up regular 3bt weave.. though I don't think that diagram helps much to see the poi path vs the arms.. because the irght poi has to comunder the left armpit as it comes inside and then back outside.. and getting that in one circle is firggin hard.. but don't worry take your time doing the beats to get it around that will come in time..

it doesn't look all that special and it'll look more like a inverted weave then anything.. but that's what it is reverse weave hand motions and forward spinning poi..

you can find more hints, tips and weirdness in the against the grain weave thread.. until I can post more..

now the other major player is the nips ttn...
for all intents an purposes I'll teach the 4bt ttn.. since its the easiest to notice and pick up (andf the regular 4bt ttn is derived from very basic motions.. wink ) for this one you need to start with a regular butterfly.. right hand a litttle higher and to the right of the left hand.. now take the right hand and lift up, pull it inside on the right side.. (ie closer to you while the left hand is further out.. ) and push under the left hand from the right side.. .. thus your hands should go 12-> 3- -> 6:00 instead of 12:00 -> 9 -> 6:00.. then the left hand should be on the top and to the right side.. lift it up and pull it inside to the left.. and then back under the right hand from the left.. thus making the left hand go 12:00 -> 9-> 3 tada.. 4bt nips ttn..

and what the hell how about a diagram.. forward butterfly(roughly)
Code:

r----x----l
LR (right over)

/-----l
L r----\
R

r----x----l
RL (left over)

r-----\
/----l R
L

r----x----l
LR (right over)

hope you can follow that..

friday or sunday I'll do a compelte write up.. with vid clips done whenever I can get matt new ones and he can get them up..>>"

now those are only the base version but we can begin discussing from there..

things like..

take the left sid eof the 3bt shown.. the right comes under and back opver the left to the outer left side.. if you push it from ther back under the left arm (which will put forearm to forearm..) and swing the left poi back over the right arm at the same time.. you get the 5bt version.. I know that looks and sounds crytpic.. but believe me.. if you understand the 3bt.. and the fact that the right is over the left.. then all you ahve to do is push the right back under (which consequently brings the left over for you..)

if you do same direction twsit then nipS twist then regular twist.. you get a same direction ttn..

that's about all I can think to add.. I'll let the discussion mount from there..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Code:

1-
l
|
|
L (over right)
R body
|
|
r

2-
r
|
L|
|R body
|
l

3-
l
|
|
L (under right)
R body
|
|
r

4-
r
|
L| (here the right arm went back under)
|R (and the left arm went over the right back to the left)
| body
l

there's a rough sketch of the left side of the 5bt.. I don't know if these help at all but I'm triyng..

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
These are infinitely clearer than the last diagrams (I think at least..) and they are as clear as I can make things without a video...

part I
ok.. all diagrams are top down view.. and represent the spin -Roughly-every 180 degrees.. L & R are hand position, * means they are crossed at the wrists (liek the twist up on a 5bt weave) and which is where, as well as l & r are the poi heads...

1. we start with the 3bt forward spin weave.. right as the left poi is about to lead to the right side.. Code:

l
|
|
*L (over)
R* (under)
|
|
r

now pull the right poi inside under the left arm (armpit)Code:

r
|
|
LR
|
|
l

and finally push the left under the right arm and lead to the right side.. Code:

l leads to the right side
|
R*| (over)
|*L (under)
|
r

So now on the right side.. Code:

r
|
|
R* (over)
*L (under)
|
|
l

Pull left from underneath.. Code:

l
|
|
LR
|
|
r

and finally push the right under the left and lead back to the left side.. Code:

r
|
|
R* (under)
*L (over)
|
|
l

go back to number 1 and repeat.. 3 bt nips.. for a look at all the steps together..Code:

l r l r l r
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
*Lo R *Lu body R*o L R*u
R*u L R*o *Lu R *Lo
| | | | | |
| | | | | |
r l r l r l

2. the 5bt is a little tricker because your arms don't really want to bend that way.. it also looks odd because it loosk very offset due to the way the planes are relative to the poi orbits.. but bascially we are only going to add one extra twist to our 3bt to change the lead hand to start.. this twisting puts the right hand over the left and then brings it back under.. this is noted as 'Ou' the left hand is represented as 'Uo'.. you can see how the untwist adds a rotation before our normal three beat motion and finally ending in another extra twist that brings us back to the left side with a twist that needs to be undone..
Code:

l r l r l r l r l
| | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | |
*Lo R *Lu *ROu body *Lu R*o L R*u L*Ou
R*u L R*o L*Uo R*o *Lu R *Lo *RUo
| | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | |
r l r l r l r l r
r
|
|
*Ru
L*o
|
|
l

3. just liek you can inverted (buzzsaw) weave a regular spin, so can you Inverted weave with anitspin weaves.. the version I do is based on the 5bt prgession above only I take and enter the buzzsaw when the poi is supposed to lead to the other side.. so in the above diagram it would be when the right is leading to the right side and when the left leads to the left side.. just twist it through the buzzsaw before going to the far side..

WHEW.... I hope that provides a clear picture.. I'll get to the videos when I can but these diagrams take longer than I thought.. (although extremely helpful I think..

part II
ok.. since the butterfly like the 2bt weave doesnt look any different, we are going to skip to the most noticeable change.. which is also goign to be the base for anti-spun btuterfly weaves..

now.. again the same legend applies... l & r are the poi heads... L & R are the hands.. * (and letters) to designate when crossed at the wrists or something similar.. and finally B & T to indicate whether the poi cross together at top or bttom between intervals..

bascialyl this is identical to doing a normal 4bt ttn.. the difference being a mroe drastic emphasis on the pull to make the poi reverse hand patterns..
to begin do a butterfly with your right hand over the left and on the left side.. but still swinging the same direction as per a normal forward butterfly.. so it would look like the diagram with the right poi at 9:00 and the left at 3:00.. the direction of the poi is headed to the bottom of the circle..Code:

r---R*o
u*L---l

after they cross at 6:00 they should come up with the wrists not tangled..
Code:
B

R---r
l---L

then they cross at the top of the swing bringing the right poi to the inside..
Code:
T

L---l
r---R

now as it crosses to the bottom of the arc.. the right poi needs to be pushed out as the left poi is pulled back under.. thus making the right poi go under the left before 6:00 and the left back under the right as it passes the 9:00... Code:
B

Uo*R---r
l---L*Ou

now comes one of the tricky parts... following that cross the poi should be coming up to the top of their swing.. in which the left poi needs to arc a little further out then the right so that the left hand can begin moveing over the right hand towards the left side while the left poi swings in its top arc to the right side.. Code:
T

o*L---l
r---R*u

now as they cross the bottom swing the lef thand should be directly in front of the right hand (in terms of further out)
Code:
B

l---L
R---r

as the left poi comes across the top arc.. it needs to curve back to the inside and begin making its way under the right arm.. Code:
T

r---R*o
u*L---l

another one of the tricky parts is coming up as the left poi pushes further out.. so that we get one of those really tangled wrist motions.. the left poi should pass under the right (mentioned above) and then come back over the right hand as its pushed further out.. Code:
B

l---L*Uo
Ou*R---r

another quick switch of the right back to the outside and the left to the insdie a little willbring you back to the start...

here's a complete diagram without pauses.. the tricky part about this form of TTN if I typed it out like I'm doing involves more awkard plane changes.. and more frequent I think though the pattern as far as hand motion and poi orbits are the same as a 4bt ttn.. sot to speak.. so heres the finished productCode:

r---R*o
u*L---l

B

R---r
l---L

T

L---l
r---R

B

Uo*R---r
l---L*Ou

T

o*L---l
r---R*u

B

l---L
R---r

T

r---R*o
u*L---l

B

l---L*Uo
Ou*R---r

T

this should give you the idea.. the reverse you should be able to pick up once you ahve thisand thus be able to nips a bf weave... which I'm afraid I wont diagram since there's 4 ways to do that.. wink

hope this helps..

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
rev - one day ill read all that and try to make sense of it... not now though smile

but im pretty sure i can do a fairly sketchy antiweave.

thanks for taking the time and stuff though smile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
and for those that want to find out exactly what they're getting into before they read that lot, here is [Old link].

nice one rev smile

juggle

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
thx... I tried to make it as clear as I could with what would go where.. with as little need for text as possible.. and this kinda gives the basics for the two major divisions of movements (same direction and split direction)

from there everything else can be roughly achieved.. ie: the antispun inverted weaves, the antispun tangles, the antispun bf weaves, same direction ttn's(which are a regular weave twist up then an antitwist up), etc...

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
wha?

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
i second that...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Hey Rev, awsome thread man but I cant understand wtf those symbols are, even though i know the exact move you are describing. Though there must be afew peeps who get the idea ubbidea i think it would be better to host that video that u sent me and link it here if u can...even though yea the quality of that vid is not great, atleast u can see it and get some concepts... and then people who dont understand this will get a better picture.

Either that or just randomly send it to everyones e-mail wink

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
WTF? I understand what anti-spin is but those diagrams have lost me! I'm sure they're worth the effort tho to those who get it!

I think the video will be worth waiting for...dont forget to link it to us Rev!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
aight well pardon me but I lost my sis so I'l get them up whenever.. I'm addding some vids to spherec by 10am my time tomorrow.. I'll try and get some of these up.. I havent' spun in a while so I havent gotten any better and mine still isnt clean but you can have the vids anyway just to see what's being done..

its not as special as it sounds.. but it is.. I dunno.. it doesnt look like much bu t its the concept that I REALLY REALLY like... maybe its ebcause it really changed my view of poi and how I spin i dunno.. not like it will do that for everyone.. but dragon's talked to me. he knows how it changed me.. lol..

jaeroSILVER Member
your new best enemy
246 posts

Posted:
sure.... I'll have some nachos with my what the hell is going on.

I'll get there too late if I shorten my stride, I'll get there too soon if I find me a ride, I'll never move forward if I try to hide this path that I've troden one step at a time.

Vestergaardstranger
22 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure I'll be able to do poi's again whithout getting confused... :-)

Chr

Y.T.SILVER Member
hopeless addict
121 posts

Posted:
hey peeps,

are there actually and videos with this cleanly shown on? i think i have it but not quite sure...

Ninjas NEVER give up!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
there is a few sketchy antiweaves in my sock video smile (at the bottom of a cliff)
EDITED_BY: oli (1103751890)

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no