Forums > Social Chat > Free Spirit Gathering!

Login/Join to Participate

CTHobbitBRONZE Member
God Emperor Hobbit
15 posts

Posted:
Hey! I just had a thought to ask on the forum. Are there any poi-swinging-pagans going on down to the Free Spirit Gathering in Maryland? Me and some friends are going to be there spinning around the fire circle.

Free Spirit Gathering Website

Hope to see some of you there!

Ben

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I think this should prolly be under "gatherings" but it looks wicked... that's graduation weekend tho, d'oh!!

I'll never make it

Where da heck is Seymour btw?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

CTHobbitBRONZE Member
God Emperor Hobbit
15 posts

Posted:
Seymour is next to Oxford, about 20 minutes from New Haven. And it's really fun! (FSG, not seymour). Drumming circles every night!

Ben

solaracnewbie
1 post

Posted:
i was at fsg in 2005, i missed 2006's festival, and when i was there i was taught how to fire twirl. i still have the tennis balls that they gave us to practice with. have yet to master using fire though and hopefully this year i will be able to go. i truely enjoyed watching the people spinning on the other side of the pond. it was facinating watching them spin and seeing the reflection on the water of the pond.

shadowfire68BRONZE Member
stranger
2 posts

Posted:
greetings hobbit, i have been wanting to try fire for 10 years now and am ready for it. though i was going to at fsg last year, the mother had other ideas such as breaking my back. i camp across from your group every year. but tend to let you all mind your own business. in 2000 i am the one you said to "hmmm nude poi." well i my back is getting better and one of the reasons it is is that i have been using poi spins to do my physical therapy to. who would have guessed that spinning would be theraputic as well as being fun.
later, shadow