Forums > Help! > Hiding the mouse cursor in Full screen mode in Windows Media player

Login/Join to Participate

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Any ideas anyone?

Ive tried looking on teh microsoft website and also through the media player options menu.

Im using media player 9 by the way.

Im sure it can be done...i just cant find out how to...

confused

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Move it to the far edge of the screen wink (it works for me...)

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
yeah, or bottom left...

smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
if you just leave it in the middle of the screen, the screen will expand to full screen without the menus etc and then a few seconds later the mouse curser should go too. Otherwise yeah, just shove it off the right or bottom.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
ditto ditto and ditto

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
it should just dissapear on it's own if you don't touch it.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
try slogging thru the win32 sdk wink

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*Leans back and sighs*

I love now having two massive (17" and 19") monitors in a rediculously high resolution. That means i can put G-Force sh-it hot visualisation on the 19" i screen, full screen it, and write stuff or browse HOP on the smaller monitor!!!!!

G-Force main website

Its properly :drool:

and why would i be posting about it not disapearing in full screen mode if it does it automatically??? Do you think I wiggle the mouse around all the way through a two hour film???? ubblol

oh...and I can also remember when all this was fields.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Windows media player can be annoying at times in full screen mode, sometimes it does that to me and the only way to get it working is to close it and reopen. Mine is currently in a really annoying mode which I can't get rid of.

Multiple monitors are the way forward. I've had 3 machines with 20", 19" and 17" crts on my desk whilst at uni. Gonna move to 3 (possibly 4) 17" tfts soon, when (if) I get a job smile The price has dropped big time recently, 4 17" tfts cost a grand if you shop around, much better use of money than getting a car smile

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
a student with a grand to spare on 4 monitors???!!!

something is not right.......

Jon it wouldn't surprise me if you did spend two hours wiggling your mouse (or whatever you've called it this week) through a two hour film, getting custard all over the place!! wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
so in full screen mode you hover the curosr over the movie playing and teh screen should expand fill teh screen and rmove the cursor, if not scroll teh mouse over to the middle of the right side of the screen and it will go into the dead space of teh screen, and then its gone!

Step (el-nombrie)