Forums > Social Chat > Cant believe i just did this :(

Login/Join to Participate

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
okay i have a really important exam tomorrow so have been revising all weekend and skived work (losing £60 in process)to prepare for it. I also didnt allow myself to do any staff or juggling in case i hurt my hand and couldnt write.

logical i think you'll agree...

so why, did i ten minutes ago pick up my cup of tea, drop it, go to stop it spilling on my notes, wrapped the handle around my left (writing) thumb and wrench aforesaid thumb out of place????

argh its bright red, wont move and i can type but not write!!!

this is really bad cos i have no idea what happens at my uni if you cant write!!

but it should be okay, i think. i dont think i've broken it, i mean its red and swollen and not willing to move but it isnt in agony... just feels achey.

poo! only i could be taken down by a bloody cup of tea...

vic xx

p.s. thought i'd share this cos it is quite comical really. My boyf nearly wet his pants!

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Vic,

At my university, if you injure your writing hand, you actually qualify for disability services until it heals. I'd imagine that the U.K. has similar rules. Go to your school's disability services office tomorrow and explain what's happened if you think it's going to impact your ability to write.

I got a note-taker and extra time on tests when I broke my right hand in college.

Peace and rapid healing!

[ 20 May 2002, 02:06: Message edited by: MikeGinny ]

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
hi, thanks mike i phoned the emergency number for my uni today and they said i nned a doctors note then they'll consider a resit.

but itss much much better now, can write just not much

vic xx

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Yeah, you probably just sprained it. Other than icing it at first, and then using heat on it later, there's not much you can do except let your body do its miraculous work.

Peace.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
All this typing must be helping too.

Meh

spikeyrichBRONZE Member
19 posts

Posted:
dont want to be a fly in the opintment or anything but at my uni a mate injured her hand and they had someone write for her. She had to dictate it all and she was forced to sit it at the same time as everyone else! Let us know how it goes.

as you think so you are, as you imagine so you become.

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
The other really shit thing is if you have to do the resits during the Summer as they are normally always right before the beginning of the next semester and so you lose out on some of your time off and it's not worth going home again before you start up for the next year.
Hope it gets better soon!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
thanks guys for ur postive notes!! its was okay in the end, it hurt like hell but i bandaged it and wrote it anyways. I dont think they'll be able to read it,but hey nevermind.

i wish i had been able to type it cos (as cantus pointed out) i dont use my thumb to type at all. Quite happily rests on the side of my keboard.

just hope i dont have to resit. Ick, at least i live in my university town. Thing is resit period begins on and includes my birthday. YACK!

cheers guys

vic xx