Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
hey guys. Been twirling for a couple of days and want to try fire. what can i use that will burn slow as a head other than Kevlar. Also what is the best first fuel.

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
at the risk of sounding condescending, do you really think you're ready to spin fire after a couple of days?? I probably wouldn't recommend it, but if you just GOTTA do it, I would find someone experienced with fire, knows safety procedures, has the proper equipment and has the ability to put you out should you catch. Be extra careful if you're using white gas, because there's a higher chance of catching if you don't spin off well and hit yourself.

There are also instructions on this site for making towell wicking. This method includes wrapping the towell with wire, so if you hit yourself, you may end up branded.

Good luck. Be smart!
tony

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
okay, I'm not a cop so I cant tell you what you can and cant do, but heres my suggestion: DONT SPIN FIRE YET!!!!!!!! we dont really need alot of people who end up in the hospitle because they were not experienced enough to start. that will begin to give it a bad name. it happened with the drug ecstacy. it used to be legal, then people who were not well informed of the drug misused it, and now this substance that has great potential for psychiatric help is illegal. granted this is fire and thats a drug, but still, wait a couple of months until you have more experience.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Dragonflymember
19 posts

Posted:
Seriously.... Don't do it. Two days isn't enough time. Go through the move on this site. Once you can do 10 of the moves and do the transfers bewteen them without hitting yourself let say 4 or 5 times in a row maybe then try it. And try it with a spotter, wet towel and a fire extinguisher.

And do you already have fire poi? Or are you going to borrow someones. If they are using fire poi they probably shouldn't be lending it out to someone on their second day.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Too late. I already spun with FIRE. I was bad and didn't have a spotter yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah. But I did it by a garden hose etc. Didn't hit myself once. but my first head burnt down low, came flying out on fire and landed on a planter. I used denim and WD40 for it. The WD40 burns really nice and doesn't give off that much heat.

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
1 more thing Master Na. I am addiacted to Poi. I can't go more than an hour without spinning. Maybe I should go see someone about this?

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
I was the same way when I started, went one day spinning 6 hours straight. but I've been spinning for 9 months and only have lit up twice

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I am sorry if I disappointed you guys. Just I am a big pyro and have been playing w/ fire in different forms since the age of 6, maybe a little younger.

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I bet we all have... but this means big time ouch if you screw up.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
yeah, I didn't screw up though which is good. I only set 1 head on fire as well. As long as you keep your cool and act like thier practice poi to a certain degree I figure you should be all right