leeeaaaaaaSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
A guy in town has been trying to start a meet up in town to spin fire, and has recruited me, and maybe I'm optimistic, but I think we are about to become the nucleus of a small group of spinners to get together once a week. (I sure hope so). We've met once and there were 4 of us, but there are a few more people I imagine will start coming, only one of which I *actually* know outside of getting together to spin.

I'm a very cautious group mother type, and was wondering if anyone that does this has emergency info collected for people. Not that I expect any bad burns, since we have safety equipment and spotters, but just in case I was thinking having everyone fill out a simple form with name, address, emergency contact and insurance would sure be handy, just in case, since we don't actually know each other well.

Does anyone else do this, or am I just over thinking? wink Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks,

Lea

EDITED_BY: leeeaaaaaa (1087238557)

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
yeah, it cant hurt to have all the relative safety stuff, just in case.

Lightning has a really good burns one somewhere, and Pele has a brilliant one about the dangers of firebreathing

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

leeeaaaaaaSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks, I've read both of those, but I think I'll start putting together a safety book while I'm sitting here bored at work. smile

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
cool biggrin good job!

you might cop a bit of flak for being a 'safety nazi' but ignore all that. I, for one, would much rather get my head bitten off by someone concerned for my safety and well being, than set myself on fire and receive 3rd degree burns all over the place

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

leeeaaaaaaSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
Eh, I'm used to it.

I used to get called Mom all the time when my friends and I went out clubbing on a weekly basis for trying to get people to be relatively safe with regards to sex, drugs and meeting random people.
EDITED_BY: leeeaaaaaa (1087243371)

GoodSILVER Member
55 posts

Posted:
Good on Ya! I organize a weekly spin-jam in my town, too, and have met many spinners this way! I'm making practice poi for the newbies. I like your idea of keeping contact info- our one youngster does bring her mom, but otherwise I dunno what would happen? confused There's some inexpensive performer insurance out there, too. Something to do with Clowns (I forget...)And I get called "Dreddie Mama" as well- best of luck!

take the schneak-tip