tcwmember
6 posts

Posted:
help the bottoms of my wicks on my staff keeps ,how do i explain it, unravelling.i constantly have to cut the little dangly parts off and the wick is newwhat should i do?i dont drop it much

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hi TCWI think alot of that depends on the wick you are using. I also agree with Malcolm and his statements.Have you tried tucking your ends under before attaching them to the staff? Also...I love this one smile...white school glue. In the US it's commonly known as Elmers White Glue. I spread it on the ends of all my wicks and they don't fray. It doesn't smoke, isn't toxic and it actually hardens when exposed to heat so it lasts and doesn't get drippy.I love it!Hope it helps.....Good luck!------------------PeleHigher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

tcwmember
6 posts

Posted:
glue!??!?!i was thinking of something like thatyoure serious it works!?!?some glues flamable...most

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I am soooooo serious about glue TCW. It MUST be the white school kind labelled "non-toxic"(otherwise I wouldn't let it near my 5 year old!). I use it on all our torches...especially the fire eating ones and we haven't had any problems with it. I learned this little piece of info from someone who's been eating for 30 years...and he's had no problems. I wouldn't say it if I didn't believe it or if I thought it would cause you harm.I will say here...to save my own arse wink that any other glues I haven't looked at for this purpose, let alone experimented with. Never felt the need...so if you wish to experiment...yer on yer own there! smileBest of luck...------------------PeleHigher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

lllk
182 posts

Posted:
just browsing and thought this was a good tip smile

also i feel sorry for all the threads waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back here on page 238 angel2
*bump*
grouphug

MozyBRONZE Member
*.. If ya can't be Good, Be Good at it..*
147 posts

Posted:
Here in Aussie land, we call it Glag Glue biggrin

Best thing there is. As Pele said the glue hardens up, then you have no fray ends.... believe me, cause throw my doubles all the time.... most time catch, but hey were not perfect!!!

Hey Pele hug
Trix

watching the world go by!!!!

Trick ferret on the making hehe!!!!
Everybodyknows me as (TriX)

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I took your advice on the elmers glue years ago Pelek, and it really does work!!! I've made lots of Fire Poi and Staffs now, and all have the glue fold at the end!! After they are totaly trashed I take them apart and the glue still holds(I have to tare it apart at the bottom of the poi)

Another good Idea is; if you practice with your Fire staff make sure that you have covers for the wicks... I made mine out of Bright Orange Furry material, have a draw string so you can take them on and off easily, and after a fire show don't put them on untill the wiks are cooled off, (they will burn). This will protect the wicks and keep them from fraying.

See Ya,
~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!