Forums > Technical Discussion > Sock Poi with Added Weight.... feels off balance???

Login/Join to Participate

misshappypantsBRONZE Member
stranger
24 posts

Posted:
I made sock poi with tennis balls... and the socks have "heels' does this throw off the direction at all>? Also, I added change to the tennis balls for extra weight which feels Great... but now I feel like they smash into eachother way more.... than when I used them before i added the weight.... (I added 20 pennies in each tennis ball)....

WHY WOULD THEY NOT BE SPINNING EVENLY ANYMORE? When I am not doing anything differntly?? WOuld the weight or the heels in the socks make a difference?

HELP... this is frustrating me.... ERGH... smile ubbloco

Be as happy as me....

-jesse-BRONZE Member
36 posts

Posted:
More bounce perhaps? The extra weight would stetch the socks out a bit more than you're used to on the downswing.

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
It's probably because your planes are tighter now with extra weight but you're not yet. You'll get used to it in no time. Maybe try tuning the weight till it works ok and still has the extra momentum.

and like jesse said they could be stretching out more. All socks need time to stretch out until they pretty much stop stretching anymore, if they're new socks then it'll take a good few weeks till they're settled. smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Could also just be the new weight is a bit heavy for you and it kind of pulls your hands/arms more than youre used to. Youll adapt pretty quickly Im sure.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me