• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Help! > Kinds of Poi - Help Please

Login/Join to Participate

Flapjacks
SILVER Member since Mar 2004

part of the lonely trio

Total posts: 137
Posted:Okay, so my tatty home made poi are reaching the end of their days, and I've been given the oppurtunity to get a pair of (fabric) poi.

The thing is, the string/cord comes out of the side of the poi head, rather than 'mirroring' where the tail is.

Will this affect my spinning at all? Is it harder? Easier? Wonkier? ubbloco

koo xx
(Sorry if I haven't made sense, I will try reword if noone understands!)

smells like burning teenagers..

Delete Topic

_Aime_
SILVER Member since Jan 2004

_Aime_

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 4172
Posted:i think i get what you mean. say like if the poi is laid out flat on the floor, the poi tails and cord meet at a right-angle, wheres as others would just go in a straight line as the cord come out of the top of the poi. (stop me there if i've got ur explation wrong)
I don't think it will matter at all. My mighty banana poi have the cord comming out the top, and hannahs poi have it comming out the side. Dosn't make it harder easier or wonkier! I don't think it makes any difference, although i could be completely wrong.
*runs and hides*

Aimz xx

p.s. Hows the exams going? finished 'em yet?

Delete

GottaLoveIt

GottaLoveIt

Sponge

Total posts: 883
Posted:my mighty banana poi were fine for doing most moves but when it came to behind the back stuff: ow ow ow ow ow
They were offset and used bean bags, not tennis balls
But then strawberry fair came along and saved my life!!!!
I got poi that have tennis balls and the cord comes out straight... I'm not sure wether it was the offset-ed-ness or the fact that they were bean bags that didnt help my behind the back stuff OR wether I just got better... but I still suck with my mighty banana poi... might be psychological?? or it might mean that the poi don't spin true when they're offset... my planes have definately shaped up a lot more

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Delete

Red_RaveN
GOLD Member since Jun 2003

Neo - Hippie

Total posts: 358
Posted:erm IMO cords straight make the poi slower whereas cords off the side make them slower and more controllable as with comets.. I guess...

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

Delete

Flapjacks
SILVER Member since Mar 2004

part of the lonely trio

Total posts: 137
Posted:Thank you all... I got them anyway, not sure if I like them much though. frown

And yus Aimee, exams all finished! whoop!!

smells like burning teenagers..

Delete

Dunc
GOLD Member since Aug 2003

Dunc

playing the days away

Total posts: 7263
Posted:Just use sock poi, save a lot of bother smile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete

mech
BRONZE Member since Jun 2003

mech

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 6207
Posted:for once i agree with CB, soc and cone poi are much easier to learn tricks and style with, no flookin tails to tangle up while you are learning stuff :S

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete