Forums > Social Chat > The fire paradise island

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Just daydreaming at work today and I was thinking about how cool it would be to have our own little community who lived happily on a small Indonesian Island together.
A bit like The Beach but exclusively for like minded fire poi-ers and staffers, a haven for people who are open minded, cultured and who prefer the more spiritual and simple side of life.

We've got doctors, engineers, musicians, etc so we've got every neccesity covered.

Who's up for it then! unfortunately, I doubt this will happen any time but any ideas about it are nice to think about so what would you like to see there? What would you do there?

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
It appears that Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie's island is getting very Lord of the Flies...

Don't worry, we shall soon be there, just as long as you took that left turn at Alberque you should be on the right one

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Well we will have to bring some Vegemite

*waits for up roar*

Actually it was only a few weeks ago, that Josh and I realized that Kaft who makes Vegemite is owed by an evil evil Cigarette company, so we have decided to stop buying it and try some “alternative” like .. Mighty Might… but unfortunately we have come across nothing that comes close to the texture or the wonderful taste of Vegemite. So we are now eating peanut butter on toast…

How depressing…..

I miss my Vegemite on toast in the morning.

God damn it Hey Dick Smith dude Guy, you have come up with Dickhead matches, and peanut butter, but where’s the Vegemite all Australian alternative??

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I thought he released something called Ozemite, but he might have been forced to take it off the shelves. Here is the current product list. If you wonder back to the main page here you can find some interesting info on Australian owned products etc...

And every Aussie firetwirler should own some dickhead matches !!!

[ 23 May 2002, 18:50: Message edited by: Rozi ]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Damn, this paradise isaland is packed with marmite and other -mite eaters... Glass, Ros, you stabbed me in the back ....aaaaaaaaaarrrrrgh

Anyway, I'll be living in the marmite-free part of the paradise and will meet with you on marmite-free parties

I could bring some crepes along

Ros, you'd make a perfect hugger and happy maker (do those two words exist ?????).

How about water ? who'll be the waterboy / girl ?

shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Being a water baby,(a natural Aquarian) I'll be the water Girl, so long as it means I can swim naked alot and pretend I'm a dolphin? I shall provide thirst quenching water beverage for us all! PLEASE LET THAT BE MY JOB?!!

I may have to join Ros in the general 'hugging' people thing too and smiling a lot. Myself and Ros also do this really entertaining 'running round in circles' game, so we could entertain you with that too.

I also need people to play fight with and roll around in the sand, so erm, anyone up for letting me climb on them??

Dibs xxx

[ 23 May 2002, 20:50: Message edited by: dibs_star ]

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

jenEmember
11 posts

Posted:
Hey don't worry abuot fuel, i'm doing a degree in pharmacology and it's amazing what chemicals you can synthesize from natural components.
I'm only coming if i'm allowed to wear my lab coat though!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
ooooh...ooooh..... can i come play? i'll be like the professor on gilligan's island and rig us up internet HOP access with some dried coconuts and old bra straps, (by then i'll have all the ladies' bras anyway, meesa thinkin... )tho i have no idea what the *@ck vegemite tastes like or even looks like i'm more into good old tofu myself... i can make houses for us that look like smurf houses really i guess that makes me handy smurf in case anyone wants to know or maybe spacey smurf but every colony of fire freaks has smurf houses and who are we to fight it?

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Dibs would make a fantastic watergirl !!!!! But sweetie, you're gonna make them all go "coconuts" on the island I am sure swimming naked and climbing on them !! heart attacks ahead of us I'm all for playing and huggin and smiling ...; And if you and Ros care to teach me the art of running round in circles, I'd certainly join !!!!!!!!!!!!!! will you teach me ? will ya ?

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Yup Yup, anything for you sis!
Cas, do you live in France or are you in Britain?

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
This sounds like a great idea! count me in!!! Can i be the wise old guy that sits on the rocks and talks about life??? please, i know i'm not very old or wise for that matter but hey i can sit on rocks!!! also i'll help set up the solar power stuff so we can have power but not hurt the island!!!

Also love the idea of a happymaker they sound cool!!!

It's all good

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
Me too! Me too!

No banks to rob round here, it'll have to be Asda instead.

I'll help garden, a bonus being that I know about growing mangos and paw-paw (papaya) and pineapple and cassava and bananas and, BEST of all, I speak Indonesian, so I can help organise shipments of vegemite to the right parts of the island and help Cassie put up a sign saying 'Dilarang makan marmite di sini' which means 'it is forbidden to eat marmite here.

Hooray! I'm so excited now.

Page: