Forums > Social Chat > Oreo...I will miss you

Login/Join to Participate

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
My friend Chris aka Oreo died June 2, 2004.

He had been battaling cancer since 2002. I got a phone call last week saying his cancer was in remission, but he had come down with full blown pneumonia. The doctors gave him 3days and if he made it past that then they didn't know how much longer he had left. I didn't go home Memorial weekend. I was gonna go see him, but since it was a busy holiday weekend I thought it best to stay at home and avoid the holiday travel. I also figured that he would be alright and be able to go home from the hospital. Chris made it past the three days, he made it to day 7. The pneumonia claimed him.

I got the call that same day from another friend. I was in shock. I guess I couldn't comprehend what my friend just told me. All I could say was "that sucks". I had no emotion with it. I cried a little, Dio came over and comforted me. I then had to go to work. People could tell I wasn't myself. I told them. I cried in the back while I did my work. I sought comfort from some the animals we had boarding there. The next day I decided to go running as usual. So I did. I was so numb from the news of Chris that I kept running. I didn't want to stop. I then went swimming and didn't want to stop that either. I guess I wanted to keep going til my brain told me it was time to stop that I was starting to feel the pain in my muscles from exercising. I wanted to tire myself out thinking that would make my brain stop jumping from one thing to another. I had no emotion. I only cried a little. Right after I found out and at the funeral.

The funeral was on Monday June 7. It was not your typical ceremony. Chris always loved Scooby Doo. He had a Scooby Doo blanket covering his coffin. They played two of his favorite songs. One from when he was little, Dancing with the Dinosaurs and Amazing Grace. I didn't want to go see him lying in his coffin. I wanted to remember him alive and happy. The last time I saw him alive was at the party all of us friends threw for him. I spun my fire there for him since he had never seen me do it before. Afterwards I told him that I wished that I had performed a better show for him, he said not to worry about it. He said something that I will never forget. He said "I'm not gonna let the cancer get me I plan to live a while longer". Well he was right. He didn't die of the cancer but of pneumonia that was caused by his weakend immune system.

At the gravesite there was a little humor. I rode with the friend that had called me and told me the horrible news and her mother. Her mother forgot to turn the hazard lights off when we got to the cemetary. When the services were over the car battery was dead. We had to find somebody to jump the car. I was in the car and told my friend "you know I bet Chris is up there laughing his ass off" ubblol

I am still coming to grips with the loss of Chris. I will always miss his smile and his humor. We all will. We miss you Chris and we Love you dearly. I am glad to have known you and had you as a friend. ubbangel

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
many warm hug s to you tiff, and my deepest sympathies. if you need to talk, i'm always available to listen.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

1,032 posts

Posted:
Thank you Pounce hug

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
hug I remember you talking about Chris, and the party that you would organise for him, to celebrate his life. May his memory burn as brightly as the fire within your soul. hug

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
So sorry. frown

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
I remember you first taking about Chris. I sounded like a guy to know.

hug hug

hug hug wave wave

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

1,032 posts

Posted:
Thank you all

Just wanted to let yall all know that I love all of yall hug ubblove

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Im sorry pm comeing on the way

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
He'll always be alive in your heart and your treasured memories. He sounds like a lovely guy

hug hug2 hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

WarchildBRONZE Member
After 17 hrs i got the little beautie
340 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug

So sorry to hear the bad news. Just remember the happy times you shared, then through the tears you will find yourself smiling to the memorys you have of a great person. hug

A wise man once told me, A friend will bail you outta jail, A great friend will be sitting beside you saying that was f**king awesome.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I'm sorry to hear about that. I too remember you talking about him before.

hug hug2 hug hug2

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug

Monkeys monkeys and bananas