Forums > Social Chat > UK jubilee gathering?? anyone

Login/Join to Participate

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
who's up for a mas get together over the jubilee holiday?? it would make having all that extra time off worth while
Any suggestions on where to have it??
anyone want to help sort somthing out?
drop me a line if you do

and if anyone is already having a session and would like to make even bigger that would be good to!!
cheerz Spike

[ 15 May 2002, 23:10: Message edited by: Spike33 ]

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

starbukmember
75 posts

Posted:
That sounds like a dam fine idea to me! All those days off (unless u work in a bar) must be put to good use!

I would say London, but thats coz I live near it. I dont really mind, what ever the masses think! passive and indecisive arnt I?

Dont forget to bring a towel

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
yey yey ! , must do, ive a break in my exam schedule!!, round the time the j. holiday is (not that im biased to this idea), so maybe i can finally meet up with some fellow spinners (sounds weird but will truely be a first for me), and everyone can have a fluffy time out.
if you come up with something could you let me know the dates, and if it will be in london (that is a very good idea, well for me anyway, as i live there and loads of stuffs going on in london then)

wow, <~~all happy
thanx spike you just made my day x x

[ 16 May 2002, 03:05: Message edited by: lolli ]

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
hey lolli i'll have to sort something out for you if you havn't had chance to meet other peps! still tryin to find som where to have it but I will keep you posted.

come on every one we need to do this and we need ideas

Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

lonelyspinnermember
5 posts

Posted:
Yahoo!! I dont have to be a lonely spinner any more. I cant make the 18th on Clapham common and Ive just been wondering what to do with that bank holiday.
I have only just started learning poi and havent met anyone else yet either.
Have car and will drive anywhere (+ give lifts to anyone round Essex)!!
I would offer my back garden as a venue but feel we may need somewhere a bit bigger.
Someone out there must have some better suggestions.

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
we're all gona talk at the weekend at SPIP and come up with somthing

Spike

answers on a post card

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Hey lonelypinner, where in Essex do you live?? I live in Leyton, but journey to Essex quite often. How about meeting up and having a spin at some point?????

Can you see it????????can you ???? Saturday is looming..........hey I can see it

Happy chick

BamBam

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

lonelyspinnermember
5 posts

Posted:
Im near Chelmsford but dont tend to be around much as theres not much happening here. Id love to meet up, Im still a real beginner though. How long have you been spinning? And where do you usually do it?

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Hey lonelyspinner, contact me on my e-mail address in my profile. You don't seen to have an address.

We'd better not have a chat on this thread cos someone will come and tell us off

Bam

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
gonna be in cornwall, but if people want to come down there, that would be wicked... ...twirling on the beach anyone?
Im going to run to the sun, and if anyone wants a space, we have 5 left in our caravan, so let me know... 70 quid a space...

if anyone else is going to be around newquay over that weekend, let me know!...

b:)

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

MentalMandmember
5 posts

Posted:
hello i'm new to all this, twirlin in the Midlands tho we're plannin a gathering on the beach at Bournemouth, 28th-30th June! fire in the sea anyone?

[ 17 May 2002, 03:02: Message edited by: MentalMand ]

yep, i think i have this move goin nicely now SSMMMAAACCCKKKKK ow ow

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
hey mentalmand, welcome
you can let us know more about you on the introduction board, it also lets you know a bit more about us (poor thing).

about the jubilee thingy, im in wembley so ican get anywhere easierly except south london (though even that could be done if it means getting to have fun )

spike please let me know if you figure out something, or if you need help with anything.
youre welcome to email me: lolli_poi@hotmail.com

it will be a really good break for those of us with exams too, aswell as those cwho cant make this sat.

happy fluffy spinning peeps

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
i'm going to transplant all you guys to the north, and not the pretendy north i mean like borderline!!!!

i've got a gathering happeing at the end of this month, all are welcome. I'm at work jubiless weekend so 30thish in newcastle.

as always
feel free to email

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
Twirly If you give us more information about tthe northern gathering I' sure you'll get a whole bunch of peolple going up I'll deff make it I like it up that neck of the woods.

Spike

answers on a post card

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Any Northern twirlers out there, Manchester area???? Up for a mad gathering at some point???
TH

[ 18 May 2002, 02:36: Message edited by: Trippy Hippy ]

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Trippy - I live nr the mecca that is Blackpool! Always up a trip to Manchester!
Or sharing transport to other meets. I'm driving over to PIP5 @ Sheff on the 25th if your up for it?
Email me.

Peace

moonwatchermember
14 posts

Posted:
Can offer limited accomodation for Newcastle on The 30th. I live in the city centre. If anyone was interested but has nowhere to stay then drop me a line.

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
If it is at the time when I wind up in the UK this summer I will definitely make it. Might I ask (being a silly American) what is Jubilee?

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

ellieBRONZE Member
38 posts

Posted:
a Jubilee Gathering sounds excellent - Let me know details

Lonelyspinner, I hope you read this - I'm living in Chelmsfords and also quite sick of not having anyone to spin with - Mail me and we'll meet up.

e*

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
Het Kali the jubille is the queens jubilee it's her 50th year on the thrown and there's loads of parties goin on so I thought we'd bettter have one of our own.

Spike

answers on a post card

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Oh! I feel enlightened. Maybe I would have known that if I didn't fear the news so much. Well, like I said I will try to make it wherever/whenver it is. Sounds like a good time, especially now that I know what it is.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.