Page: ......
Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
U tell a riddle. Basic Rules. Guess it. He/she/thing who guesses correctly wins and tells the next one...

I'll start.

When it is broken, it still works.
Beating pains it not...

bit small and crappy, but a bit hard.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
i have no idea

i'm going to go and cheat now.

Meh

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
by my reckoning the german owns the dog

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

CaMiLL(e_o)member
88 posts

Posted:
Very well done faberge. According to Einstein you're in the top 2%.

https://www.manbottle.com/trivia/Einstein_s_Riddle.htm

i changed it ever so slightly

>>>d(o_0)b<<<

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
woohooo!! gold star for me bounce

(i'll admit i did it on paper and puzzled over it for about 10mins redface)

will be back in a bit with a new riddle, unless someone else can think of one first....

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
An enemy ended my life, deprived me of my physical strength; then he dipped me in water and drew me out again, and put me in the sun where I soon shed all my hair. After that, the knife's sharp edge bit into me and all my blemishes were scraped away; fingers folded me and the bird's feather often moved over my brown surface, sprinkling meaningful marks; it swallowed more wood-dye (part of the stream) and again travelled over me, leaving black tracks. Then a man bound me, he stretched skin over me and adorned me with gold; thus am I enriched by the wondrous work of smiths, wound about with shining metal

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Wild ChildSILVER Member
Star Trekker
1,733 posts

Posted:
Dammit all to hell - just did it in my lunchbreak! took bit longer than 10 tho - well done Faberge clap clap

I had another of these about a plane - see if I can dig it out. Oh, yeah, gotta get one right first.... umm

'The last rays of crimson on the spindle tree as the cerise fruit splits and reveals its orange seeds in a gloriously clashing colour scheme no-one would ever dare to wear'
Euonymous Europeus

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
Written by: Gnor

An enemy ended my life, deprived me of my physical strength; then he dipped me in water and drew me out again, and put me in the sun where I soon shed all my hair. After that, the knife's sharp edge bit into me and all my blemishes were scraped away; fingers folded me and the bird's feather often moved over my brown surface, sprinkling meaningful marks; it swallowed more wood-dye (part of the stream) and again travelled over me, leaving black tracks. Then a man bound me, he stretched skin over me and adorned me with gold; thus am I enriched by the wondrous work of smiths, wound about with shining metal

a book that is a book biggrin

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Book its a book!!

Your turn....

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
Bags and Beads

You are given 5 bags. There are 10 beads in each of the bags. In four of the bags, the beads each weigh 10 kilograms. In the remaining bag, each bead weighs only 9 kilograms. All the bags and beads look identical. You must find out which bag has the lighter beads. The problem is that all the bags look identical and all the beads look identical. You can use a scale, but it has to be a single-tray scale, not a two-tray balance scale. Also, you may use the scale only once. How can you find out which bag has the lighter beads?

What is psychology?- Looking for a black cat in a dark room. What is psychoanalysis? Psychoanalysis is looking for a black cat in a dark room -- in which there is no cat -- but finding one anyway.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
They are really heavy bags!! wink

Is it the Truth?

...{SAFE}..."if i jump in the fire, will you?"
633 posts

Posted:
place the bags on the scale one at a time , which ever bag doesnt increase the increament by 100kgs , then thats the bag !

i like breaking the Law frown , of Gravity wink !

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
not a bad idea but if you see pedanticly you might use the scale five times

633 posts

Posted:
hmmm , though you might say that!

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
use the scale only once wink biggrin

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
try and lift them all individually theres quite a noticable difference in lifting 90 kg and 100 kg to hell with the scales smile

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
no no no how said my maths teacher always that is "kitchen mathematic" try something else or should I say it

633 posts

Posted:
ah ... put them all on the scale and then note the differences as you take them off the scale one at a time !!!!

please say im right !

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
if its a hanging scale take one from each of 4 bags and put them in the corners of the scale if one rolls towards the others its the lighter one otherwise the lighter one is in the 5 th bag

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

633 posts

Posted:
!)(*#@&$$#(^!@#%!@)(*&$_!$ ahhh ......... dont keep me in suspence !!!

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
Label the bags from 1 to 5. Take 1 bead out of Bag 1, and label it 1. Take 2 beads out of Bag 2, and label them both with a 2. Take 3 beads out of Bag 3, and label each with a 3. Continue this pattern with Bags 4 and 5. Put these 15 beads on the tray of the scale.
If all 15 weighed 10 kilograms, the scale would register 150 kilograms. But since one or more of the beads weighs only 9 kilograms, the scale will register less than 150. Subtract the number on the scale from 150. Your answer will tell you the number of the bag with the lighter beads. (If the scale registers 148, it’s bag #2. If the scale registers 145, it’s bag #5.)

633 posts

Posted:
*aaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh .... shoots himself in the foot ! *

it was that easy !!! ????

*aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhh*

babajagaBRONZE Member
old hand
863 posts

Posted:
*dances around humming I won I won*ubbangel
eek don't shoot yourself in the food hug

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
answer mine baba smile

If I could be granted one wish I would ask for all the questions of the universe.

633 posts

Posted:
i would never waste food , after all , i am from south africa you know wink

*smiles knowingly*

633 posts

Posted:
brain i thought that we had already solved yours ???

633 posts

Posted:
Written by: babajaga

Label the bags from 1 to 5. Take 1 bead out of Bag 1, and label it 1. Take 2 beads out of Bag 2, and label them both with a 2. Take 3 beads out of Bag 3, and label ......bla bla bla bla ......

i think my way is easier , and pedantically speaking im only using the scale once ! ?

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
if your talkin about shoe sizes then, no. well whatever if the answer isnt out ill just say it. hes buying little adress numbers that go on your mail box or something.

If I could be granted one wish I would ask for all the questions of the universe.

633 posts

Posted:
? oh yea that riddle... so sorry !

Burning Braineye shifter
321 posts

Posted:
grrrrr

633 posts

Posted:
but hey , lets talk about that cat of yours ! ubblol ubblol ubblol

Page: ......