Kat
Kat

Pooh-Bah
Total posts: 2211
Posted:WellEven though it is cold as hell outside, I have decided its time to move on and start playing with fire. That and the fact that I am going to Thailand next month and it would be a perfect place to practice!!So my question is:What is the difference between Pure Flame Poi and the Fyre Fly Poi and which do you boys and girls recommend?CheersKat ------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Delete Topic

Malcolm
Malcolm

HOP admin
Total posts: 996
Posted:The following is from my SHOP FAQ page at http://www.juggling.co.nz/faq_shop.htm
What are the differences between the "Fyre Fly" and "Pure flame" poi sets?First thing to note is that both of these fire poi sets use stainless steel wire instead of chains and use the same kevlar wicking. The "Fyre Fly fire poi" set however has a leather loop for grip, and the wick is attached by screws which allows for cheaper replacement of wick. It also comes in a wider number of lengths, and free backup when you've ordered the wrong lengthThe "Pure flame" set has nylon finger loops for grip, and the wick head is stitched into a roll. We sell replacement heads which are more expensive than buying standard kevlar belt. Bonus is that you don't get burnt by screw heads. The "Pure flame" sets come with more wick and hence give a longer burning time. The 102mm head gives a very large flame. It is available in two lengths only. Other lengths are available at additional cost. These are made in Australia.Me, I quite like the "Pure Flame" ones
Non-Https Image Link
until the heads need replacing. Click on the pictures in the shop for closeups.Remember there are many other manufacturers out there now. (see lists of other manufacturers and compare http://www.juggling.co.nz/retail.htm
)Or make your own, its fun, and more special that way
Non-Https Image Link

"May your balls always burn"

Delete

Kat
Kat

Pooh-Bah
Posted:Thanks MalcomLooking forward to swinging fire some time in the near futureKat [image]http://www.juggling.co.nz/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">------------------[/image]- Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Delete

UCOF (emergency)
Total posts: 129
Posted:-bump-

is there a record for the most randomest bumping of a thread ever?

erm...this is only a temp account until i get home and get the password to my usual account...sorry (itsa still the same flipping wierdo though)

Delete

Kat
Kat

Pooh-Bah
Posted:Random indeed!!

In the end I did not light up until March 2001. But when I did light up it was brilliant. The night before my karate grading. I ended up getting pretty wasted that night (celebrating my first burn or just plain stupidity!) But I passed my grading so alls well that ends well!

I did not make it to Thailand in January though. I have been getting all misty eyed remembering my time in Japan recently and how much better Japan was to England when your email reminded me that I was not able to get the time off work to go on holidays!! I did make it to Thailand in July 2001 though, and the fun was indeed fiery (until I twisted my ankle walking home drunk one night )

Thanks for jogging the ole memory UCOF!!

- W B Yeats

Delete

TheBovrilMonkey
TheBovrilMonkey

Liquid Cow
Total posts: 2629
Posted:I think Malcolm is the only retailer I've seen suggest that you don't buy something he's selling but to make your own instead.

Yet another reason why this site is so good

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Delete