Carolinemember
2 posts

Posted:
I'm interested in taking a couple of firestick/poi lessons for an article I'm writing. Does anyone know of somebody who fits the bill? The main requirements are that the lessons take place in the New York City area, and that they be available to the general reading public. Time Out is a weekly magazine based in Manhattan. Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. carolinem@timeoutny.com

SimosBRONZE Member
enthusiast
384 posts

Posted:
hi Caroline smile - i wish i could help but i am not in the US myself; what you might want to do if you don't get any emails though is to have a look at the 'Meet others' directory on this web-site...i am sure you'll find someone from NY who is willing to give you a few lessons... smile be careful though - it's quite addictive!!! grinhappy swinging,Simos

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Hi Caroline,I didn't exactly understand if you're looking to take a couple of poi lessons for the purpose of your article or if you're looking for permanent lessons available to NYC people. I could help you for the former: I live in Boston but will be in NYC in 2 weeks.Let me know.

Carolinemember
2 posts

Posted:
Hey Nomad, Allow me to clarify: the lessons need to take place in New York AND be available (on a regular basis) to New York City residents. Know anyone who can help?

DrJmember
6 posts

Posted:
I'm no poi expert, but i do live in new york city. I'm starting my juggling club up for the year where there will probrably be many people who know a heckuvalot about poi that i do. Email me for details.------------------Justin Williams

Justin Williams

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi Caroline,If you are looking for a place which has a bunch of jugglers and all sorts of other circus arts, including poi check out one of the biggest juggling clubs in the city (that i know of atleast): https://www.bestweb.net/~juglpayn/carmine...New_York.htmlWe
meet every thursday night and there are people of all ages and abilities and new inquisitive folk are always welcome to talk and try new toys. I'm not sure if that fits under request for "lessons" but you should definately check it out and maybe someone there might know of something with more of a classroom type orientation that you spoke of.PS. DRJ where is your club? always looking for more places to play in the big city.

TaiGuymember
127 posts

Posted:
Iono if i can help you since i'm a VA resident [12 hour drive frown], but i'm pretty sure you'll have no problem finding poi/glowstick swingers. More likely glowsticks than poi, but it's basically the same thing winkMy friend who i picked "glow-stringing" up from lives in Yonkers [i think that's how you spell it...], but i don't think he's too interested in giving lessons... [gang life and all], but just ask around the area, cuz' i'd be eXtremely suprised if you couldn't find NE1 to help you.------------------"Happiness is not a destination, but a method for life"- Burton Hills

The reason communism doesn't work is because people like to own stuff