Forums > Social Chat > Ronald Reagan died Saturday after a long struggle with Alzheimer's.

Login/Join to Participate

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
"Ronald Reagan, who devoted his presidency to winning the Cold War, trying to scale back government and making people believe it was "morning again in America," died Saturday (today) after a long struggle with Alzheimer's." ~yahoo news

WOW! The old cowboy rides off into the sunset, ah? I am Not a Republican, or really into politics, but I can remember this man putting an end to a horible "Cold War!" ( And also putting the american public into a huge debt because of it. ) Thank god Clinton came and pulled us out... HaHaha.. Now we have a moron putting us way deeper!

RIP Reagan,
and Lick Bush in 04'

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
hear, hear!

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
i'd rather not lick Bush. i dont think stupidity is normally contagious, but im pretty sure his would be.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Look, Reagan was a great guy. Whether or not you liked him as a President (and I think my feelings on that are obvious enough), he was a good man.

So let's just remember to show respect to the dead, K?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
good call Lightning.

respect for the dead

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Even after those scandals, He was a gr8 man. I was especially touched by his letter to the Americans declaring he had Alzehimers.

May he rest in Peace!

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I hope I make it to 92.

And if I don't die in my sleep.. at least let me die in bed... with a hot 84 year old... wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
I agree Reagan was a Great Man, However Bush can go to Hell!

The only Bush I Trust, is my Girlfriends, and "Read her Lips" ... No Bush! biggrin

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Can we please not turn this into a Bush-bashing thread? Most of us hate Bush. We agree on this. Let's not beat a dead horse, K?

-Mike

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
oi less of the dead horse bashing you!! What have they done wrong?! wink

RIP RR, his presidency sucked IMO just like Magie Thatchers PM-ship but his films rocked. He was quite the dash in his day

Let's relight this forum ubblove

10,530 posts

Posted:
Anyone noticing the pattern?

Regan... Movie star, Governor of the OC, President.

Anrie Schwrz., Movie Star, Governor of the OC....

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Can't be President! Not born in the US!

-Mike

10,530 posts

Posted:
Ahhh... Touche.

Very fortunate tho. Id feel sorry 4 the U.S if he was ever pres. Thought he was gr8 in the terminator trilogy tho.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
just stumling over this old thread... "Ronald Reagan was a great man"... ... ...

I guess many of you have not been around at this time, being interested in politics that is... whether or not his politics have been "bringing down the Communist regime in Russia" is a matter of debate, depending who you're asking and who that person works for... I remember well the days of fear and beginning of a strong anti-US-government movement in Germany due to his policies. Yes, he was very telegetic and held (another) great speech at the Berlin wall, yes he also laid the foundation stone for the START agreement...

but

we're talking about the same man, who met the anti-Vietnam war protests in CA with the National Guard when he was governor?

that's the same man, the reformer of US economics according to the "trickle down" theory, benefitting the rich?

the hardliner in the East-West conflict, who started to put a huge deficit on the US due to enourmous spending on the military?

who followed the Kirkpatrick-doctrine and boosted the CIA activities (worldwide) and especially got the US involved in the "Contra affair" in Nicaragua... (~ 60.000 civilians dead and ~ 70% of the country destroyed) swiftly dismissing and vetoing the UN resolution to follow up on the Den Haag ruling, that this US intervention has been unlawful?

the same guy who ordered the invasion of Grenada (killing 84 Cubans, 135 Americans and about 400 Grenadians) - by that grossly violating international rights, promting the UN to make a resolution - again vetoed by the US and making RR give this statement: "One hundred nations in the UN have not agreed with us on just about everything that's come before them where we're involved, and it didn't upset my breakfast at all"

same guy who (as a joke in a microphone test) ordered the bombardment of the Sovjet Union?

who laid the very foundation stone to the Bush era, by recommending Bush sr. as his successor... ?

umm

please rest in peace Mr. Reagan... but bear in mind that there are other names of politicians who certainly will never enjoy that privilege (and rightly so)...

"practise discernment - without judgement and separation"

Ronald Reagan has been the very founder of "the new US grandeur", which his successor Bush sr. and later Bush jr. followed up on... "be the cowboy, at all costs" no matter how much bulls it is...

"hey ho Silver"... what will you say when the next generation claims that GW Bush has been "a great man".... ?

[ed: maybe another nitpicking negative post of mine.... so be it shrug ]
EDITED_BY: FireTom (1245630813)

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink