Forums > Help! > Question about PM's

Login/Join to Participate

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I have a question about the way PM's are sent under the new format. In the old format, if you received a PM from someone and you requested to be notified via e-mail, you did not see the e-mail of the person sending you the PM.

Now, however, you are receiving the e-mail address of the person sending you the PM.

There have actually been instances in the past where I specifically did not want the person I was sending a PM to to have my actual e-mail address.

Is there any way we can remove our e-mail from this PM notificiation? Thanks.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I'll check this tomorrow but the code should check your profile and if you've got a publicly displayed email address it uses that email address, otherwise it doesn't.

It's a useful mechanism to stop people hitting reply and sending replies to Malcolm instead of the person it's intended for!

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Ah, ok. Sounds useful then.

I actually don't know that mine has gone out. I just know that I have gotten the e-mail of others, so naturally I assumed that they would be getting mine as well. Thanks for the explanation. smile