Page:
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I saw the bootlegged version last night. I won't ruin it for anyone, but I will say that there is some pretty impressive (and beautiful) sword work, including some two-handed sword fighting.

The movie sucks, but the effects are stupendous.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Now in a way... he's two... you could say he loses he's head over the war... he's not the tall man he was... he walked though the small door which read " heads needed, require within... ok I'll stop now...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Stevilmember
18 posts

Posted:
Starwars Rocked......

C3P0 was excellent..... I need a costume...... hmmmmmmmm Tee Hee Hee........

"But R2...... Where are you going?...... If you knew humans better you would understand that they would ask us if they wanted our help......"

And yet again the repair droid sends them on a wacky adventure.......

Does R2 have a sick fascination with the destruction of C3P0?

Hmmmmmmmmm

...........Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark.............

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Um about the movie - sorry about the kick, man!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Oh ya, i forgot to add that Natalie Portman is a hottie.

1,903 posts

Posted:
Bender... just saw the news... does this make us Jedis'???

Twirl'N'BurnBooojakasha
121 posts

Posted:
I was at the Premire night last night. The atmosphere was awesome and the movie kicked ass - no I will not enter into a debate about this my mind is closed to this subject.

The plot was alot more solid than Episode I and the acting was heaps better.

Even if you didn't like the movie go and see it just for the sword fights and the CG. PURE EYE CANDY.

Simply an excuse to play with fire.

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Go see it for Yoda.

Forget Samuel L Jackson, Yoda is the baddest Mofo around.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
I am planning on going to see the movie and staging a BIG lightsaber fight in the middle of the movie. I live in a small hick town on Vancouver Island, so the rednecks there will probably try to kill us. ^-^

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by That_Canadian_Guy:
...and staging a BIG lightsaber fight in the middle of the movie. .... the rednecks there will probably try to kill us.
love yer style canadian guy! woot! (starwars week has become my woot! week.) (woot!)
if the bubbas try to kill ya, remember, the Jedi mind trick works on the weak minded.

"I bet thems Coruscant speeders cans do a humdinger tractor pull!"

and you all thought clones wars was about boy bands! lol

Natalie Portman is gorgeous, but Jabba the Hutt truly caters for the 'special' needs of some starwars fans.

again, woot! i say.

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Hey someone talk yoda into entering COL3.

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

6,978 posts

Posted:
Oohhh. Jedi Master. Yoda. You seek Yoda!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I saw EpII at the cinema last night and was completely blown away. The storyline's reasonably good, the acting's not bad - although it's stifled in some places by a bad script and the action scenes are fantastic.
That's about all I can manage until I calm down a bit

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
Yeah Bender. I will try the Dark Force power that makes you invisible. If you have ever played the Jedi Knight game you will know what I am talking about. Still haven't gone to see the movie yet. I might try to go this weekend as it is a long weekend up here.

P.S. Anyone know how to make cheap fire heads for spinning?

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
Saw it yesterday - great action and spesh efx - as for the rest typical Lucas cheddar (cheese) no?

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
i just saw the trailer and decided 'NO i don't wanna watch a yedi in the throws of puberty'
ugh
Morgy
yes i am back nearly 2 weeks without pois and i hit myself again:)

Out to Wrong Rights and Depress the Opressed.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well, i seek revenge, spells of many foul and fey attributes...
just got schnoinkered off my toonkle and went to see it, but EVERY show for 2-nite is sold out! aaaaargh! now i'm just schnoinkered and basting in my sci-fi withdrawal juices...

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Schnoinkered? Well, I saw it for the first time in...well...not exactly sober...and I enjoyed it but it didn't make much sense.

Peace.

-Mike

6,978 posts

Posted:
Why o Why does i always havta play the devil's advocate?

Jar jar makes me laugh, and i thought the romantic scenes were touching, but most fans hate both! learn not you, the tolerance of the force?
oh the childean!
think of the children!!!

^_^

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Bender,

I agree that Jar-Jar was cute in this one. Lucas has always used some source of comic relief. In the original trilogy, the constant interplay between C3P0 and R2-D2 was brilliant because it was funny without being completely silly. He also used characters like Chewie and the Ewoks to provide comic relief when needed, but he was really good at providing a careful balance so that it never got out of hand. It's not an easy thing to do in a movie of this genre.

But he made a BIG mistake in Episode I. He basically made a kids' movie and crossed the line from "funny" to "silly" with Jar-Jar. There is nothing intrinsically wrong with Jar-Jar, but he got way too much screen time in the last movie. The amount of time he spent on screen basically turned him from a cute and loveable character into an evil monster that everyone wanted to kill in various creative ways.

In Episode II, Lucas takes Jar-Jar and gives him no more than five minutes or so of screen time. For that reason, he's cute, rather than annoying. He also brings R2 and 3PO into it, providing a much better source of comic relief.

As for the love scenes, I think they were tastefully done except when the two kids go rolling around in a field of green grass. I was ready to spit up there. The scene did nothing to send the message that they were falling in love (we already figured that part out) and the movie would have been better without it.

In all, I think the movie was much better than Episode I, but Episode III is going to have to be better if it's going to live up to the original trilogy.

Peace.

-Mike

Newbornmember
55 posts

Posted:
FCUKING AWESOME SAW THE FILM 2DAY AND IT KICKS EVERY MOVIE IN THE TEETH! DAMN WERE THOSE SPECIAL EFFECTS TASTY!!!!
I LOVE STARWARS AND YES I DID TAKE MY LIGHTSABRES!!!!!!!!

Beamers Hurt but double Beamers r u insane???Well actually...yes i am!

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Sorry, saw it on Sunday & disliked the love scenes intensely. I think they were made all the more irritating by the score of the movie:

*cue violins for love scene, centre on two loves murmuring inane comments, violins swell as they draw together for forbidden kiss*
"No, but we cannot do this"
*violins that were straining in the background stop abruptly leaving silence, audience cannot help erupting into laughter*

The score was pretty bad during the rest of the movie. Admittedly I was slightly hungover but the whole overblown orchestral track just did nothing for me.

However Yoda rules, & Ewan McGregor is both a babe and a great actor. So with my dose of eye candy taken, & my appreciation of the great Jedi master confirmed, I was happy.

But that bloody Anakin Skywalker, I could bitch about him all day, the way he..... *sound fade. Zoom out slowly. Image fade to black*

[ 21 May 2002, 13:44: Message edited by: Rozi ]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

6,978 posts

Posted:
aw man 'twas aight.
the editing process is so intense that nothing is left that isn't deliberately intended.
('cept for the stormtroopers headbutting low doorways...)
lucas has always taken the piss outta himself. the silence i consider to be comic pause.
meesa tinkin' deesa not as baden asa da puttin' too mui mui much Jar Jar on.
May the farce be with you!

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
well, i finally got to see it and i was sufficiently schnoinkered! i loved it! there was no chemistry in the love tho! still loved it!

"i see plans within plans... i see two houses..." political intrigue, double crossing! just like dune but that's okay! classic theme! except we have a two sided double cross here! complex! genius trap! political power is assured! but jedis whoop it and we'll win anyway!
I'M THE TENTACLE JEDI GUY, WITH THE FIGHTING, AND THE SMILING, AND THE KICKING OF MANY BUTTS! THAT'S ME! FREUNDLAVEN! the empire is real! THEY ARE SELLING YOU BURGERS!
the glow in the dark swordfighting scene rocked! it was just like spinning fire! even the sounds! i was moved! that's my thang, man, yeah! more exclamation points, i don't know why!!! !!! !!!

-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
YES! YES! YES! These first two movies in the series are so political! Why does hardly anyone see it?! The plot has definately thickened in AotC and it's damned good.

I read Dune too long ago to remember any parallels, but I'll believe they're there. Even so, it's a fiendishly clever, dastardly plot the sith are hatching, and I can't believe I have to wait three years to see the final takeover by the evil empire! Aaaaaaargh.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
okay, parallels with dune...
well. the jedi dooku is a fake, right? he's there to round up all the rebels rallying against the "dark forces in the senate," so he's a traitor jedi and they use that unique position to take advantage of the good folks who are wise to the goings-on. from there, they have control of both the senate and the rebels/seperatists. so dooku's like the doctor huey who is the unique position of being trustworthy. then the senator can create a hero scenario and gain more power, through the temporary army thing. after this no one will question his authority, even tho he says he'll step down. if this was chess, he'd be moving both sides of the board! he's gonna wreak havok, and then become the hero! emperor palpatine, with all the planets backing him up! (and then later, the young jedi and his sister will pop out, and they will be among the rebels who all along were the ones fighting the dark side! dude, the queen is toast in the next one, and that's why obi-wan takes that hit in #4! but i'm just guessing! )
all this politics sounds familiar...

1,903 posts

Posted:
Your wrong about Count Dooku Arashi, he wasn't a traitor jedi he was one of the lost twenty. Only 20 individuals in the history of the Jedi Order have renounced their commissions. Their leave-taking is sorely felt among the Jedi, who memorialize them with portrits busts in the Archives which you see in the Library when Obi-Wan is looking for the planet of Kamino. Count Dooku is the most recent of the "lost" ones. He is considered the most bitter loss because the Force was so strong in him.

Although Dooku joined the Order at the usual age, he never fully gave it his inmost allegiance. He maintained a streak of independence, which he transmitted to his pupils, including the late Qui-Gon Jinn. Dooku's considerable strength in the Force made him enigmatic even to Yoda, and there were whispers that he experimented with Sith teachings, using a dark Holocron kept in the Jedi Archives. The Council underestimated Dooku's interest in power...

And now I feel like such a nerd... so I'll shut up...

---------------------------------------------------------
Winning isn’t everything… okay, so I’m lying.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
sounds like you know what is going on... let me run my ideas by you! i wanna play nerd, too!
well your description of dooku still goes into my schemata, tho, right? i mean, he was a jedi, and he's working with the lord sith robed bad guy, who is later "emporer palpatine,"(hence my traitor stigma) to draw the rebels into war, even tho he's the rebel leader! remember the seperatists? we have only seen their leader, dooku, but they represent a whole lot of people. the rebels are the only threat to senator plapatine's power. they are the good guys! and how convenient that the new clone army pops up, put of nowhere! heck there may not even be any seperatists! that could be an excuse to gain power!(can you say bush?) and yet the rebels if they even exist, the underground, trust dooku because he's a jedi that's not into the jedi that are being duped by the dark side that's taking over the senate! even the jedi trust him. but he's really working for the senator palpatine who is his sith lord. am i right?

1,903 posts

Posted:
Well yes and no... you see at the point of "Attack of the Clones" there appear to be no rebels... both side appear to be fight under the guide of Senator Palpatine. We know that the Senator becomes Emperor and this is how he does...

Senator Palpatine uses deception to become elected President (Bush) of the Galactic Senate... Jar Jars mistake. Once in office he will apponit himself Emperor. He declares martial law throughout the galaxy and begins to rule through the military forces of the newly-created Imperial Navy, in the begin this Navy starts as the Clones, yet however due to a contact brake the Clones are replaced by human Storm Troopers.

Count Dooku enters the story as Darth Sidious's Padawan, due to the fact that Dooku's strenght in the Force is strong. Dooku is however no more than a pawn... a puppet in this tale. The reason in which Mace Windu and Master Yoda can not see the visions of the Force is due to the fact Darth Sidious has blinded the Council by the Dark Side... Yoda shows this by saying... "The Dark side clouds everything.".

And just incase... Darth Sidious = Senator Palpatine.

Now if you don't mind I'm going to finish my game of DnD...

------------------------------------------------------------
No harm, no foul.

[ 22 May 2002, 00:24: Message edited by: Arsn ]

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yeah, i think we're saying the same thing, i'm just not ever able to express myself in the right way. all that still goes with what i figured. i'm just diving into dooku's role as the traitor archetype, and how that is correlating to the doctor huey from dune. so that's why i was emphasising dooku. i know he's just a pawn being duped by sidious. but sidious is smart, he's using dooku's jedi roots to his advantage, he's played on the trust that the cloners and seperatists would have for him, and also on the other side the jedi. didn't dooku help with the clone thing? mostly i was wrong in that there are no 'rebels' in the alliance sense yet, but i was considering all the 'seperatists' rebels in that they are banding together to fight the dark side, sidious/palpatine. didn't the beginning say that there was a growing force of seperatists, who were unhappy with the senate and the jedi, and wanted to leave? they are the planets who are wise to the shit going down! so sidious uses dooku to both control the seperatists and create dissension among the jedi, and his palpatine ego to take over the senate. i'm on this star wars thing. maybe somebody out there will know what the heck i'm talkin about cause i sure don't.

1,903 posts

Posted:
I think I getting ya... And your right about the Separtist... However, the point I'm trying to say... because I'm the same us you, can't always say what it is on my mind... is how can you rebel when your leader is leading both sides... facing each up to see who is stronger...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, I’m challenged.

Page: