Page:
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Just thought i'd start a new (more specific) thread on the Sunday twirl meets at the park outside Luna Park.

At present most of the Melbourne twirling community go to the Edinburgh gardens Wednesday night sessions. I'm hoping more people will come to the Sunday night sessions.

The meet starts at 5 pm and continues 'till we leave. (whenever that is)

I will attempt to make it to every week. Hopefully others will do the same.

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Kudos to yoo!
on e valuable lesson learnt in running fire night-ness is that persistence will infect others with all the momentum a regular fire session needeth.
That winter begins tomorrow shall test us all.
Me offer of a flyer still standeth!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
The offer of the flyer distribution also applies. Advice as to where to distribute would be helpful however.
I will definitely be there on Sunday. Keen as always to press you fellow twirlers for tricks.
Bought COL4 and am truly inspired. Not really to do double staff yet though. Sorry Bender. wave
Gotta have those isolations. Can do them very moderately with socks, but the ball chain pio are proving to be quite the challenge. I hope Franks coming.
I can bring a portable stereo if anyone wants tunes to twirl to. Just a small donation of D size batteries every now and again is all I ask. (8 titanium D cells last about 18-22 hours and costs 28 dollars.)

6,978 posts

Posted:
erm ima not coming this sunday cus there's heaps of twirlers/skunky hippy types twirling/being spunky at teh save the forests rally this sunday 12pm 'till dark.

ima tape COL 5 entry stuff then

It will be an *awesome* oppotunity to twirl/pass on flyers to keen types!!

yeah!

PM me if you wanna organise your sunday twirl flyers before i head to the printers! smile
EDITED_BY: bender™ (1086247460)

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Hey, I might check out this rally. Might even come down for a twirl even though i'm not the skunky/hippy type.

I'm glad that your preparing for COL5. I must admit your section on COL4 was far from the best i've seen from you. (none of those 2 staff change-overs, is that the word for it, no throws?) Your much better now.
I've got a cool fish-eye lens if you want to borrow it. I'm not sure how it works for fire-twirling, considering it works best when your close to the subject.

I'll get those flyers off you the next time we meet at the Luna park session.
It might distort the flame patterns as well.

6,978 posts

Posted:
aww man what happend' to alla other melbournian HoPians?! I remember joining HoP and thinking 'gee this keyboard is sticky' and 'woop more melbourne people!'

ps i meant spunky hippies smile

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
He he spunky/skunky that was funny. Totally changes the meaning.
I don't know where all of the rest of Melbourne are. Maybe they dont check the web, just turn up to the Edinburgh kicks.
Frank doesn't check the internet from what I gather.
Where's flynt been?

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Flynt's been studying for assignments/exams/tired/working and had guests.

*shrug*

I've also stated my position on sunday nights previously, that last winter I got really tired of travelling two hours (because it takes me that long on public transport) to get there and finding no one showing up, leaving in a most disheartened state.

Also, there is already a thread for Sunday Spins, independant of the Weds night ones. Please try doing a search.

Note: Bovril has also been showing up regularaly, but has decided not to go anymore as no one else has.

Sorry if I sound grumpy, but I had the same issues with this last year, and this time I'm trying to concentrate on my studies and not get bummed out about it all...

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
oh shyte...is there going to be anyone there on the 6th???? (which would be tonight!)
oh crappo!
im not sure what time i'll be leaving geelong! but someone please PM to let me know asap!

crapcrapcrap!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

lasersurgeGOLD Member
100 posts

Posted:
Hmm, sounds doubtful that anyone will be out tonight hey? I'm in town from adelaide and was looking to come along and see some folk here and their magical twirlyness. What is this foresty thing? Is anyone going to read this message before tonight? Oh well, i'll just wait and see how the evening plays out. Here for a week, got in thismorning so hoping to get out to wednesday night as well.
Peace and love

people are people

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
damn, thats just not fair.
my folks are complining that its too cold.
and to be really honest, unless theres going to be some atmosphere - i dont think i want to go. im only allowed to go rarely (months between!) so i dont want to effectively use up a turn on a non-existant night!

argh dammit!

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
only been hanging out for this for about 2 months.....hmmm.....
and i found my juggling balls and found myself some tricks (simple ones but a new trick is a new trick is a YAY!)

oh gosh, darn, golly gosh.

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
well my olds have decided that im not going. *sulk*
well, id rather take a raincheck than go on a non event night!

gives me more time to practise!! yay!

lasersurgeGOLD Member
100 posts

Posted:
Well i've been out and had a look and couldn't see anyone round luna park twirling, but maybe i was in the wrong place. Dunno. Hope the forest day festivities were much fun. What's the story with wednesday night? Hope to catch up with you melbourne folk there. Shall be fun.
Take care all
Dylan

people are people

6,978 posts

Posted:
I dun wanna hijack someone else's fire night (sorry footbag!) but there's a thread on wednesday nights elsewhere on this forum. The information yoo seek be there, oh south australian bro!

Rouge, it's a bummer about last weekend - there was much spinnage on sunday, but it was opposite Flinders St station and all of it was done by Confest hippies ubblove and psytrance people from the oztrance forum. Cat Empire are nice.

Mr bagfoot, I would like if it is convenient at all to git some of that nice stkilda foot-tage smile

Mr Lasersurge, gotta meet yoo!!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Bender, is it possible if you could PM me with your mobile number so i can call when i'm travelling up that way?

i had crashed by 9 last nght anyway! lol!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
There's a couple of reasons why I've decided to stop going..

It takes at least two hours to get there, but a fair bit longer more often than not.
It's getting cold.
I'm going to be playing shadowrun (a roleplaying game - yes, I admit my nerdness wink ) on sundays every two weeks.
There's only a few other people who turn up most weeks.

With all of them together, it's a bit much to keep going really, especially since it's going to keep getting colder.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I was there from 5pm till 7.15pm on Sunday night. There were two of us. I know it's cold, I know i'm possibly annoying. But I am dedicated and I will keep turning up.
Sorry Flynt about not checking the previous St Kilda thread. I noticed that you posted that as well.
I'm a bit of a hippocrite, because for the same reason I don't turn up to Wednesday nights. I do find it hard to learn from others when it's dark though. Starting early on Sundays gives me time before sunset to learn a couple new tricks.
Hey Bender, what do you want in terms of footage. Me filming you? I'd be happy to do that.
Bovril, thanks for turning up the other nights. I've learnt a lot from you.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Footbag, I totally admire your determination, and rest assured, it's appreciated.

There was a guy who rang me regarding sundays a few times, his name is Joe, keep an eye out for him? If there is definately people going to be there on Sundays and at 5 (unlike three sundays ago, when my sister and I sat in the cold for 45 mins before giving up) then I am happy to keep referring people onto the sunday night spin, and will make more of an effort to get down there myself.

Exams are over soon, so I'll have my fingers crossed!!!

xoxoxox hugz to you footbag, you're awesome.

6,978 posts

Posted:
Footbag - from what i've learnt from the Edinburrgh experience, it's effort like yours that keeps a firenight alive. The people that rock up in the middle of winter realise that by summer, their skill has increased, not atrophied. It is then that you know who the pretenders are!!

Also from lessons learnt is false advertising: if peeple give the wrong times, complaints filter through about people arriving at different times, so make sure that if anyone advertises your night that they get fact right and have your contact details so that visitors don't get confused confused about who to contact. centralise, simplify!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I went a few times when I was in Melbourne.. not too many people other than fallout and bender and lovely flynty..

I must say kudos to Flynty too as it was bought to my attention by leonie from juggleart that Flynty fought for so long to keep it running even though some weekends noone showed up...

I does take a pelthora of hats off to you Flynty, cause I know how disheartening it can be when you put an effort in and nothing seems to change!! Its happened to me too (burleigh)..

I hope that everything improoves for the st kilda meet!!!! biggrin

good luck footiebaggie hug
EDITED_BY: Valura (1086925573)

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Thanks all for the encouragement. smile
Flynt, I'm sorry about the Sunday three weeks ago. It was the one in 10 that work caused me to miss. It was decided the week before that Frank and Bovril weren't going to make it as well. From now on i'll post a message if a couple of the twirlers aren't making it the following week.
I know that numbers will be sparce during winter. I should have had a bit of practice under my belt when spring comes around. Looking forward to spring!

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
holidays are coming up in 9 school days....that means i should hopefully be able to finally get up there!

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Sunday was basically a cancellation due to the rain. I made it the week before though. Too bad I was the only one. I did manage to get a good hour of practice in though.
The weather has been shite lately and I understand why people aren't turning up. If anyone wants to organise someother meet time please PM me. If i'm working shift, i'll be often available to twirl during the week (if anyone is interested.)
Weather permitting, I'll still be there on Sunday however.

AyellayenThe smart-arse who kisses Rouge's
128 posts

Posted:
G'day, I may be able to motivate me and a few of the other blokes to get down to st kilda, weather permitting. If it's not too bad, we might see you down there.

It's my world - you all just happen to live in it.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
It all depends on the weather! I'm aiming to bring 3 girls down this weekend to the twirl. They're pretty much beginners though.

128 posts

Posted:
Sweet, well I just gave Phil (Battered_rat) and Jespa (Jespa) a quick buzz and we'll be down there. So we'll see you tonight mate.

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Did anyone show last night? I sent a guy named Joe down, who'd been looking for people there for the past three weeks and had no success...

Hope it was decent enough weather!

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
There was a reasonable turnout last weekend. Especially considering it was soo bloody cold. I've got a damn cold now as well.
Don't expect as many in coming weeks though. There were a group of my friends that mainly came just as a visit. Hopefully got a couple of new recruits though.
It's just a case of really sticking it out until it gets a bit warmer/less windy.

128 posts

Posted:
I'll try to make it down any time I'm not working (when there's no footy on a sunday). Provided I don't get rung up to work at the Telstra Dome this sunday, and the weather looks decent, I'll make an effort to turn up. I've got a friend who wants to attend, not sure if she'll make it though.

6,978 posts

Posted:
mention free sex.

suckers 'em everytime! wink

btw plz pm me guys, Georgia wants to do the Motion Ball fire thing again -
Written by:

helping us out with the second annual MOTION ball. This year's ball will be held on Saturday 17 July at the National Galley of Victoria. We would really love to have at least 4 or 5 firetwirlers performing for the first couple of hours - similar to last year.

EDITED_BY: bender™ (1088572918)

Page: