Page:
ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Just thought i'd start a new (more specific) thread on the Sunday twirl meets at the park outside Luna Park.

At present most of the Melbourne twirling community go to the Edinburgh gardens Wednesday night sessions. I'm hoping more people will come to the Sunday night sessions.

The meet starts at 5 pm and continues 'till we leave. (whenever that is)

I will attempt to make it to every week. Hopefully others will do the same.

Geez, I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

AyellayenThe smart-arse who kisses Rouge's
128 posts

Posted:
partypartypartypartypartyparty :-D

Count my anxious self in, I'd love to perform again.

It's my world - you all just happen to live in it.

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
oooo, *raises hand enthusiastically* pick me, i'd love to do that again this year, last year was crazy good fun
party party party party party party !!!!!!

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

Jespamember
21 posts

Posted:
indeed, count me in...
had a ball last year... hahaha... ehh....
but yeah should be goot this year

partypartypartypartypartypartypartypartypartyparty

so is that 4 so far???
bender
ayellayen
battered_rat
ME!!!!!
so a couple more???

see ya soonish

I have a deep and painful spiritual problem...I've fallen over and can't reach the vodka...help......please...?!?!

BrennPLATINUM Member
Will carpal your tunnel in a minute.
3,286 posts

Posted:
I'm not too far from St. Kilda, I believe. I wouldn't mind coming down next week on the 11th, if I'm free smile. I'm only a beginner, though, but I could learn a lot from people that can show me things.

EDITED_BY: Abaddon (1088918588)

ॐ

Owner of burningoftheclavey smile
Owned by Lost83spy

128 posts

Posted:
There'll probably be someone to teach young grasshoppers like yourself. I'm not heading in tonight, preparing for Euro 2004, slabs of homebrew need to be shifted etc...

Next week I have work at the MCG, but I may bring my stuff to work and head down from there. *shrugs* we'll see how things fall.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I'm on call for work on that 'party' weekend. It's unlikely i will get called in though. I could turn up, if your short on numbers.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
ok please ask your mates if they am interested the motion ball thing.

my email is bender@ihug.com.au if anyone wishes to participate. Let's not further hijack Footbag's thread! smile
EDITED_BY: bender™ (1088995599)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Bump for Spherespinner

also, hope everyone has fun at the ball! xoxo

Currently on the right side up of the world.

PredatorBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Hullew Ya'll
This is sorta my into into the forums of HOP. I'm just a lil fire spinner residing down (or up?) here in South Australia. Anyways, i see that you guys seem to be having a bit of a caffufal over getting the lunar park meets up and running consistantly, well.... What we do here in Adelaide is having a very reliable person (Ussually Josh, the other Josh) bring the kero for all, with donations made on the spot. That way people ain't put off by the transport and purchase of fuel and are therefore more inclined to attend. It also means that there is less rivalry between spinners cos we all use the same fuel. Tis sorta like a spiritual connection :P
Anyways, that's my advice.
Ya'll have a hunky dory time over there and i hope to see you guys one day, whether it be me over there or you over here biggrin
Ta Tah!

Fire? What the hell is th...OUCH!

6,978 posts

Posted:
hello predator,
i can only speak from what fire meets i's been to. and i've been to one or two. possibly thrre. that there is enough fuel has rarely been the issue. winter and rain are.
ps i loved your movies.

PredatorBRONZE Member
9 posts

Posted:
Hehe, chars!
Oh well, the guys at juggle art weren't too fond of dem Melbourne twirlers anywho..Cept for this old guy who was apparently really friendly and crazy at poi.
Im a pretty big fan of your movies too, even if they do lack the blood and gore essential to a good horror flick.
Tis all, i'll go now

Fire? What the hell is th...OUCH!

6,978 posts

Posted:
lol yeah, the guy that currently runs juggle jam hates me cus he believes Edinburgh wednesdays draws $$$ away from Juggle Jam. He has since stopped replying to me! intolerance besmirches the wonferful legacy that Gordon has set up (i used to attend Juggle Jam before i was a twirler! I used to look at poi-ers funny and wonder how much room i'd have to juggle when they practiced at Juggle Jam...).
wow, what's that dirty laundry smell? ubblol
To make a long story short, i support the coexistence of an indoor juggle night and an outdoor fire night, regardless of whatever any one person thinks. peace
predator 1 was better

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
You hit it on the head Bender, it's all about the weather at the moment. I'm sure it will pick up later in the year.
I've been to jugglejam with poi'ers there, and they do take up more than their fair share of room. I don't know why Gordon's offsider is soo pissed off. It's jugglejam not twirljam. How many people do both?
I cant make it to the St kilda jam this weekend (i'm working shift.) Will be attending the week after if anyone wants to make the trip.
Predator 2 was good, Predator 1 is a classic.

128 posts

Posted:
There are two matches at the MCG from now until the end of the season. So if I get a Friday/Saturday combo, I'll be more than happy to perhaps get down there for the "early" session. But footbag and bender are right, if it's windy and rainy it dampens everyone's resolve ('scuse the pun) and detracts from what is usually a good twirl.
Ball was good for anyone who's interested, aside from our dates getting b-lind, it was a good night. A light rain on the pavers outside the National Gallery made it interesting, and I re-discovered how hot kero burns on my 4-inchers, just when my arms thuoght it was safe to regrow hair... devil

6,978 posts

Posted:
The fire is bak in my blood, and it's a killah - back to twirling every day, will give def try to make it to the next dry sunday. No outdoor doof parties have been planned for the next few weeks, so sunday sounds sober! seeyas then!
Footbag, let's talk flyers again shall we? i want to publish your contact details mate! plz PM... smile

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
I've just moved today. So, it's lucky we didn't get around to it until now.
Shame that I cant make it this Sunday due to work. Week after that is fine.
From 2nd of August, i've got two weeks of annuanl leave. I'll be twirling as much as I can. Anyone interested in a day twirl?

spherespinnermember
38 posts

Posted:
Hey there biggrin

New to Melbs... and been to the wednesday night... hoping to go to the sunday night tonight... not sure what time it kicks off ??

Be happy to have a day twirl... not working yet... when I am I will be restricted to the weekends.... I like twirling during the day cos u can show people a little easier what u r doing etc... and it ain't as damn cold!!! rolleyes

I am a juggler and twirler.. and must admit tis a bit annoying they are on the same night!!!!

Bye for now.... catch ya all soon
jo hug weavesmiley

smile
Start chasing dreams.... one day u may catch them..

***peteSILVER Member
38 posts

Posted:
Its been about 2 years since i've posted here. I lost the internet for most of that time and i its taken me awhile to find my old password into this site and its forums.

So what has been happening with the melbourne fire twirling scene? Is it still up and going? and what about the Edinbrugh Gardens twirl that use to be on every wednesday night? Is that still on?

Well i hope too twirl with you all again sometime soon.

***Pete

PS: Bender (monkey) i hear that you've met a friend of mine. Delldint.

6,978 posts

Posted:
pssst this ain't no psytrance forum.
you hippy smile

6,978 posts

Posted:
Uh oh! Maximum of 13 deg today and showers expected!!

spherespinnermember
38 posts

Posted:
Ok,

Sorry I didn't turn up to St Kilda on Sunday night.. the intention was there... but ended up catching up with a friend I hadn't seen in ages.. redface

Intend to go to the Gardens tonight.. but not if it is raining!!!!!!

I am not working for another week or so ... if anyone wants to catch up and do some twirling during the day.. just let me know.. my number is 0404272026... biggrin

It would be nice to catch up a little more with other twirlers.. especially if it is going to rain on fire nights!!!! eek

Bye for now......
Jo weavesmiley

smile
Start chasing dreams.... one day u may catch them..

6,978 posts

Posted:
yo jo i spin most lunchtimes in hawthorn - you are free to join in my hour of freedom/twirl practice if thou wisheth!

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
Hey, i'm off work next week. Do you want to meet up during the day? Maybe we could meet up with bender for a session. I do a bit of juggling as well. Not too good, just moderate 3 ball (mills, rubensteins etc) I'll be attending this Sunday's twirl meet. Interested in twirling Sat day?

128 posts

Posted:
Anyone heading down to st kilda this sunday? weather looks to be decent. Might see some peoples down there? We'll see.

ataxiaSILVER Member
172 posts

Posted:
There will be at least 2 people down there on Sunday. Myself and Sphere spinner. I hope there are more.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i was going to try, but i'm going out tonight and tomorrow night as well so theres practically zero chance that my folks will let me go on sunday as well

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

128 posts

Posted:
Just wait 'til you're at uni, then you'll be grateful for nights in.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
yeah, but uni is 2 years away for me!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

6,978 posts

Posted:
on an irrelevant note, Uni is 4 years away from me wink

chemicalshamanSILVER Member
1 post

Posted:
Well I went down last night with a friend, waited around for an hour, had a twirl then went home.

Page: