Page:
SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Today at 10:00 am (MST) I paid some dentist $250 to rip out all four of my wisdom teeth.

Now my mouth is packed all fuzzy with gauze.
And my head is packed all fuzzy with codine.

And I'm really freaking out cuz I can't smoke, can't eat anything solid, and I can't even chill out with a beer. Yeah, definately freaking out.

You may, if you wish, consider this a plea for sympathy.

Jesus helps me trick people.

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
I'm sorry, darling. Here, you can have loads of sympathy from me. I'm don't need it right now. But when I do, you have to give it back, kay?

I've avoided the dreaded wisdom teeth removal so far, but last dental visit I had, they said it would eventually have to happen and they'll be a bit difficult to remove and therefore more painful. I haven't been back since.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
When someone I know had his wisdom teeth out, they had to slice open his jaw and go in from underneath to help get them out - I can't imagine how painful that'd be when the anasthetic wears off.
I'm just glad I've not any any problems with my teeth, I can't stand having dentists poke around in my mouth.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
What are you gonna do now that you've removed the onely *wise* part in you ????

take care, eat yummy ice cream, soup etc...

shine on
Cass

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
250? thats a bargain, I had to pay something like $1200 (no insurance and i got the expensive kind of anesthsia)

so i figured I paid that much, I kept them, and I even got the dental assistent to drill holes through them so i could string them on a wire, and i wore the biggest one as a necklace for a while
I still have them...
kind of gruesome, but hey, i was attached to them.

Pere

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
codeine is god and teh devil.. good thing i don't belive in either....

i tink i already told you any useful opinion i have... but you can have soem ice cream ....

it's good.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Heh...when I had mine out they used laughing gas, and I just had a fantastic ol' time. Also, I had bought a CD just before I went in and when I came back afterwards I'd forgotten I'd bought it and couldn't figure out why my mom was listening to such cool music all of the sudden.

By the next day the laughing gas had worn off and I was bleeding and miserable. Feel better sickpuppy!

jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
Aw no /Me is getting more scared by the minute... mine r just coming thru owie, don't know whether i want to keep them or be shot of them :/ they especially hurt when i eat guacamole for some reason so my advice for wisdom teeth virgins is stay away from avocados when urs come thru!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Thanks guys

4,224 posts

Posted:
feeling better ?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
You guys are going to hate me for this.

G-d gave me a perfect set of teeth. Only thing about my body that isn't screwed up, but it's pretty nice.

I saw an orthodontist every six months for eight years. Every visit he'd have me open, close, open, close, and tell me that my teeth were fine and send me home without charging me a cent. The whole visit would take three minutes.

On my last visit, he said that he was a bit concerned that he didn't see any wisdom teeth coming in and wanted to take an X-ray. I was actually a bit releived because here after all those years he was actually charging me for something and I didn't have to feel so guilty.

Here was the conversation after the X-ray.

Me: "So, doc, when do I get my wisdom teeth?"
Doc: "Well, you don't have any wisdom teeth."
Me: "Right, I know that, but when are they going to come in?"
Doc: "No, you don't understand. You don't have any wisdom teeth. They're not going to come in. Ever."
Me: "Oh. Score!"

Anyways, Puppy, chin up (if it doesn't hurt too much). Within a day or two, you'll be fine. All the best for a speedy recovery!

Peace.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Tlightmember
189 posts

Posted:
Can that happen, is that healthy? I just got the teeth which come through before the wisdom, three of them were fine but one hurt like hell. Anyway Ill probably have to have my wisdom teeth out, my mom did so...

Do you ever feel you cant remember why you posted, I just know as soon as I've clicked "add reply" I'll remember

I hope you realize how pissed I am.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well, it did happen. Must mean I'm not very wise.

Peace.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

quickfuseBRONZE Member
11 posts

Posted:
i had a freind once who had his wisdom teeth taken out and couldnt smoke, what we did was blow shotguns in his nose unless your talkin bout cigarettes then thats just nasty

Everyone lives in a bubble, mine is made of fire.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
The dental assistant told me that the smoke itself isn't that harmful, it's the pressure that sucking on the cigarette puts on the jaw, just like sucking a straw, that causes problems. Plus smoking weakens your immune system so your body desn't heal quite as fast. Yesterday I tried smoking through my nose. That seemed to work ok but wasn't very comfortable. I have been devising a couple other ways to cheat the smoking thing and avoid dry socket. (don't tell Kyrain though, she gets mad at me when I smoke).

I am feeling better, if not a little medicated I'm just really really bored, and missing being out at the clubs with my friends and my girl. But my girl was nice enough to bring by some of my favorite movies and books. She even rememberd that I like to read Kafka and bought me a collection of his short stories She kicks ass. Ok so apparently my pain killers are kicking in 'cuz I'm really starting to ramble, so I'll stop now before this turns into a book. Thanks again for all love..

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:

not that i get mad, just sad. smoke all you like.

oh well, hope you feel better. awesome about ur girl

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Purple_Hazemember
6 posts

Posted:
lol a week ago i had to have a wisdom tooth removed and the dentist doing managed to couse a prob with 1 of the nerves in a diff tooth.

2 days ago i hed to have root canel surgery to remove the nerve. once u have had this done a wisdom tooth coming out is like no problem lol.

but the best thing about it was my dentist recommened i turn up stoned to have it done and could smoke weed after providing it was pure as tobacco can cause probs but just skunk is fine.

Smoker live and smokers die,but in the end we all get high,so if in life u dont suceed,say F*ck it all and Smoke some WEED!!!!!

4,224 posts

Posted:
Ain't nothing better than a girlfriend who takes care of her bf and vice versa That's great and definitely helps

But Puppy, Smoking through the nose ??????? yikes !
Even I who smoke a love would rather stop than sticking a cirgarette in my nose ... grosss

shine on
Cassandra

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
you wanna hear about dumb freaking wisedom teeth?

mine are coming out on june 19th

the top ones are coming in facing completely horizontal towards the back of my head...

the bottom ones the same way, except facing the front of my head...

dumb peices of sh!t, you think teeth would be able to come in straight up and down but noooooooooooo...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

cyberpunkgrrlmember
27 posts

Posted:
Owww! *sympathy* I had mine out a coupla years ago right before Christmas - was worried I'd have to mash up my Xmas dinner into baby food!! *grin*

Retry
Abort...

Failed!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
That sucks Squeek. Mine actually came out really easy, and the surgery wasn't nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be. Just make shure that they put you under.

Now once I get back from my trip to California at the end of the month I get to go and have a couple root canals done and then get all my minor cavaties filled. It's gonna set me back more than a grand, so I'm gonna have to take a second job to pay for it. Hopefully I'll have enough cash to buy food and shelter for Burning Man. Or just food in general

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
heh, my bottom ones looked liek urs whiffle squeek.... my top ones were just not quite right..so tehy took them all out... do haev tehm put you under, it's just better... be careful with the drugs.... i think they give you percs in these part mostly...

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
Symoathy to all those in pain, Much love to you all!! I can relate mouths in general or bad things to have any kind of surgery. I had surgery 2 years ago to make my teeth match up , 8 1/2 hours in the theatre and 8 weeks with my jaws wired shut gives you an apprcieation of food I've never had.

anyway hope it all goes well but smoking threw you nose??! Thats gota hurt.

Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
Stick the smokes p your nose if you cant use your mouth.
i cant imagina a day without a cigarette.
that reminds me i think i will go for one after this..
fireboy
(MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......... nothing like nicotine)

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Margh!

So I ohad my wisdom teeth removed yesterday. It hurt for a while, but codine sorted that out. I had been told that there might be swelling, but I was relieved to find that not much had happened.

Then I went to bed.

No I've woken up, and I look like there's two ballons in my mouth.

It's *HORRIBLE*!

frown frown frown frown

Is there anything I can take to reduce the swelling?

The timing of this is terrible... I've got a wedding to go to tomorrow. frown

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
No cracking onto the bridesmaids for you then! ubblol

I mean, hug hug2

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
 Written by: TheBovrilMonkey

When someone I know had his wisdom teeth out, they had to slice open his jaw and go in from underneath to help get them out - I can't imagine how painful that'd be when the anasthetic wears off.

I can tell you!
I had a wisdomtooth pulled 6 months ago, and the dude broke the top off and couldnt get the root out, so out comes the scalpel eek

sorry for the squeemish peeps,
they cut open your gum and pull it out sideways, but fortunately you cant feel a thing at the time. The worst bit is having stitches in your mouth for like 10 days ubbloco

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
why havent we evolved so that we dont grow the damn painful things?

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

sketchGOLD Member
Empirically random...
431 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Whiffle Squeek

mine are coming out on june 19th

the top ones are coming in facing completely horizontal towards the back of my head...

the bottom ones the same way, except facing the front of my head...

Thats why mine came out,
the bottom ones were growing forward,
it is actually quite common!

"This dark place planet Earth, orbits one star,
Come from afar, far away state of mind,
open up your third eye, black helicopters in the sky"

DominoSILVER Member
UnNatural Scientist - Currently working on a Breville-legged monkey
757 posts

Posted:
They're a throw back from when we had a larger jaw. They're not hazardous enough to be a strong selection pressure so it's a slow process for them to be evolved out.

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand and I can beat the world into submission.

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
had my wisdoms out last summer, after me telling them i wanted it under general anesthetic...............so after 3 treatments of dentistry under sedation and the dentist telling me "you swear too much and i cant treeat you"

maybe i should of said i have a naturally high tollerence to most drugs, like novacain etc ubblol

so after a further two months of being spacked out on pain killers i went into hospital, had my wisdoms out, got a bruised jaw and having needed stitches i spent two days in pain sucking tepid soup through a straw as i couldn't open my mouth too far.

i hate dentists AND doctors, i don't trust them as i had a bad experience as a kid in papua new guinea when i fractured my skull...........ubblol it took two nurses, two off duty polise and my dad to hold me down while i got stiched upubblol i was only 5 at the time ubblol

Page: