• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

MSG (aah my stomach lining)

Total posts: 36
Posted:

i think that this forum has become to popular and m,ainstreem and now people are just talking about crap which has nothing to do with fire, poi, or anyother things that this sight reprisents

dose anyone feel the same way i do?

-----------------------------------

pa pa pa-pa-pa patrick

Delete Topic

arsn
arsn

How do you change this thing???
Total posts: 1903
Posted:no... rolleyes

And this is why more than one subject thread was opened, to talk about simple things like what's happening around you and others around you, and technic threads to go over new moves... just think, if all we could talk about here was poi, it would end up going something like this...

"I spun poi..." rolleyes

This is a community... I place to open up... not just to talk about spinning... it may be called "Home of Poi", but the "poi" is only our common ground... it really should just be called "Home". ubblove hug

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Delete

Doc Lightning
Doc Lightning

HOP Mad Doctor
Total posts: 13920
Posted:That's beautiful, Arsn. And so true.

-Mike )'(
Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

"A buckuht 'n a hooze!" -Valura

Delete

Rouge Dragon
Rouge Dragon

Insert Champagne Here
Total posts: 13215
Posted:very much so. this place is home.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Delete

Durbs
Durbs

Classically British
Total posts: 5688
Posted:There's plenty of Poi conversation in the "Poi Moves" thread....

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Delete

UCOF
UCOF

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:There are even badgers in the technical section. biggrin

Delete

Konsti
Konsti

lovable smart-ass
Total posts: 785
Posted:"Mainstream"? since when is an intelligent discussion of topics that affect all our lives "mainstream"?

"mainstream" is usually quite far away from intelligence...

where i am from at least........

if u wannt to chat about poi and fire u can go to the technical section or stay in your obviously "underground" scene.

is it so "underground" that u have to meet in darkened cellars?

sorry dont mean to p!ss on anybodys shoes but i have BIIG problems with the whole discussions of UNDERGROUND vs MAINSTREAM scene. i went through that in the punk scene back home and it just ended ugly.......

Whats so "mainstream" about hop then?

please clarify......

"is optimism in austria just a lack of information?"
-Alfred Dorfer

Delete

mech
mech

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 6207
Posted:mmmmmmm chocolate!

sorry..anyways

knosti, its all prespective, for me, mainstream or not, you will always knwo a good spinner, you will always be able to see some one who is doing it for kicks, and some one who is trying to show off,

remeber may, its all about pretty patterns! ubbrollsmile

Step (el-nombrie)

Delete

Dunc
Dunc

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
Posted:Written by: MSG (aah my stomach lining)

i think that this forum has become to popular and m,ainstreem and now people are just talking about crap which has nothing to do with fire, poi, or anyother things that this sight reprisents

ubblol

Heaven forbid we should chat to our friends on here in a "social" forum rolleyes

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Delete

Narr
Narr

(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
Total posts: 2568
Posted:confused confused confused

what are you on my little pickle?!?!?!?!!!

yes we do talk about said 'crap', but alot of people come here to chat to friends that they cant see everyday due to distance etc. and im sorry but i dont know if you just sit around talking about a single topic all the time with your friends because no one i have met ever has!!

as has been said before there are different forums for different discussions.

yes this board has become more popular over time but i see no problem with that, and before this turns into a 'is fire spinning going mainstream or not' thread there are many of them already click the search button.... as long as everyone is haveing fun, enjoying themselves and meeting new people , were is the problem?? ...

so get down form that high horse and come and play juggle weavesmiley hug biggrin biggrin hug weavesmileyjuggle

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Delete

Spanner
Spanner

remembers when it was all fields round here
Total posts: 2790
Posted:Written by: MSG (aah my stomach lining)

i think that this forum has become to popular and m,ainstreem and now people are just talking about crap which has nothing to do with fire, poi, or anyother things that this sight reprisents.

I think it's a good thing that we don't just discuss those issues.

Many of us have arranged to meet each other in person to spin as a result of fire or poi interests, but I don't think as many of us would have participated in these gatherings if we didn't discuss other subjects too.

Also, people have met each other at first as "spinning mates", but the nature of discussion within the community has ensured that many people have developed strong friendships which aren't confined to spinning smile

"I thought you are man, but
you are nice woman.

yay,

:R"

Delete

Fine_Rabid_Dog
Internet Hate Machine
Total posts: 10530
Posted:Lighten Up!

As the other guys have said, u can discuss poi and stuff in the other forums, but here is to just kick back, chill and have a chat, or just fool around lots... hence the name of the forum. If u want topics that stick to the subject, go to the Social discussions Forum.

I never go in there. Far to logical for my liking.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

Delete

pounce
pounce

All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
Total posts: 9831
Posted:i agree with all of the above

in any setting that involves a hobby/interest/activity/etc., people do discuss more than just that particularly commonality. i go to raves, but we all don't just talk about the djs and the lights and the decorations and our previous rave experiences. we get to know each other. i also write poetry and go to poetry readings, but we don't just sit around and discuss grammar. that's how you make friends.

i can't imagine how boring all the various events would be if we never talked about anything but poi. like the party at joe's back in january....we spent a great deal of time spinning and teaching each other new tricks. but we also played games, we chatted, we watched movies, we joked around, we got to know each other.

the boundaries aren't rigid...blur them a little

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Delete

Rossco
Rossco

Official HoP hobbity potato monster!
Total posts: 434
Posted:ditto to what "most" people have said here. wink

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

Delete

Posted:I'd be pretty scared if all anyone ever talked about is spinning!

Delete

Total posts: 36
Posted:
dude, spinning is my life.
apart from the stage.
and it is a spinnmers site!

-----------------------------------

pa pa pa-pa-pa patrick

Delete

arsn
arsn

How do you change this thing???
Total posts: 1903
Posted:To use Malcolm's own words...

Written by:
Community - This is a place to talk to others like yourself. There are a number of forums available. Please take note of the rules for the discussion group pages and be aware of internet safety from using these forums. Also links to members picture galleries, videos and a database to help you meet up with others in real life. Collect HOP points within the community when you post and use them to get site rewards and shop discounts.

This site is and will always remain a spinning site at heart, however, the community side of things will always be here two. If your wanting spinning only, you may find yourself better suited in either here, here, here, and maybe even here... I hope this helps. rolleyes

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

Delete

.:* Moon Pixie *:.
.:* Moon Pixie *:.

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3492
Posted:Written by:
posted by arsn:
no...

And this is why more than one subject thread was opened, to talk about simple things like what's happening around you and others around you, and technic threads to go over new moves... just think, if all we could talk about here was poi, it would end up going something like this...

"I spun poi..."

This is a community... I place to open up... not just to talk about spinning... it may be called "Home of Poi", but the "poi" is only our common ground... it really should just be called "Home".

Troy, you're such a sweety hug

I've made some really lush friendships through this forum..:*

I love coming on here to just chat with friends and say hello, and spread a little fluffy stuff and pixie sprinkles*:. I come to this sight *for* all that yummy warm fuzzy stuff!*:. And the fact that we all have a common interest is a bonus.:*

This sight has reached people all over the world, from different cultures and backgrounds...all coming together in beautiful unity grouphug

This forum gives us a chance to really get to know fellow twirlers/spinners/jugglers/fire dancers/poi peoples ...whateveres... on a more personal level.... If we were restricted to just the technical stuff or poi/fire related topics, there would be no place for friendly warmth and silly chitter chatter that makes you giggle and smile and brighten up your day... *

ubblove.:*I LOVE HOME OF POI!!!*:. ubblove
It's perfect just the way it is...:* ubbrollsmile

grouphug

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Delete

bender
still can't believe it's not butter
Total posts: 6979
Posted:pritty wise wises, mr troy
Home is where the poi is.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Delete