Forums > Social Discussion > new layout! good...or.....not so good??

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ok I looked around but I couldn't find a thread for opinions on the current reincarnation of our beloved home...HoP V umpteen.twelvety...and if there is one just point it out to me I'm a bit blind in my old age!!

So whaddya all think? Personally...here's my IMO:

It's BRILLIANT!!! Big thanks to all who have been involved in the change!

except...

Most important this for me.....what's with that big list of stuff on the side?? It takes up valuable post/rading space and now everything goes off my screen and I have a bar at the bottom that has to go back and forth to read a post frown Also isn't itinformation that folks don't really read very often? More a Home Page info thing than a community thread thing. Could some of the popular links be moved to the top and the rest moved to the home page or an info page or something?

Also, ubbangel is no where near as cute as the old one and as Rossco said to me it actually looks stoned! this ubblove also doesn't look as lovely as the old love icon either. And the ubbrollsmile looks like it's been smacked around a bit and is recovering from it's injuries!

Apart from that TOP JOB GUYS! (AND GIRLS) Even my own special ice blue colour came up and I was suitably smiling when I saw that!! You really are darlings aren't you!!

TTFN!!

hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
lol weird. well dom said he just forgot to switch them over, so that should be fixed soon enough anyhow.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
no it's fixed now cuz it was the sweet ones this morning at work! COME BACK FROM THAILAND DOM QUICK!!

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
eek where's all the meet others information gone! eek

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
nuh uh, it's on the left side under community, and at the top. or do you mean we have to now re-enter our info?

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Without wanting to be negative, the thread requested opinions so here's mine.

I'd prefer less changes. I liked the old HOP, and I even liked the HOP before that one as well.

I really hope that the left hand side navigation bar gets scrapped, at best it's an annoyance, at worst it's really inconsiderate of those with lower resolutions who are going to have to horizontal scroll each time they want to read a thread.

If it's really got to stay couldn't it be put at the top of the page cos currently, it's effects remain down the entire length of the page.

I guess I'm in a minority here, but I'd rather HOP emphasised functionality rather than style, I'd rather the pages loaded at a decent speed than have them covered with smilies etc.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Written by: BamBam

Ohh ohh ohh spell check ubbrollsmile

Spell check? where?

Meh

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
LMAO. Next to "preview reply".

Yea Dave i hear that, i have to scroll but i dont care this new site kicks @ss. biggrin

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I've actually been really impressed at the speed at which it loads. I was expecting much slower.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
It is definatly quicker i reckon.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
and now that bar has gone so all is good smile

one complaint tho....the font colour in the gallery pages is almost the same as the background and makes navigating a little tricky. I had to be told where the upload button was cuz I couldn't find it rolleyes But....the new gallery is a million times easier and quicker and better to use to props for that hug2

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
looks great! (In MSIE at 1024x768 or 1280x1024) smile

Unfortunately, it sucks big time in other browsers. I know not a lot of people don't use other browsers, but as the board supports it then it would be cool to detect non MSIE browsers (simple one line of PHP) and output in the default mode. On UNIX systems (that I use quite a lot, including times when there are no windows machines around) in Konqueror and Mozilla the pages load, but there's no scollbar anymore, you hafta select text then drag the mouse down the page frown

likwidSILVER Member
53 posts

Posted:
i dig it ^_^

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
I like it. A lot of cross-thread links dont seem to work, but maybe its just cos they're old.

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
would it be possible to have alogin link somewhere on the main page - unless i've just being dumb & there actually is one already. There seems to be a register one but not a log in.

ta!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
Written by:

We cannot proceed.

This post can no longer be edited because the maximum edit time has expired

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

can we have infinite edit time put back on (at least) the intro's section please?

thank-you angelblue

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
agree. I went to edit an event thread so it would be better, (cuz I think a mod or two might havve mentioned doing it properly in the title) and it wouldn't let me so it had to be stay as it was. No biggy but would be useful to do it.

Also, someone might be able to explain this one...how come when I surf HoP at home I have the crappy new love and rollsmile emoticons but when I'm at work they show the nice old ones that I like?? But then I go home and the're back to new silly versions?! Blinkin 'puters!

Kapura MataaroHoP resident longboarder.
195 posts

Posted:
i've gotta say i like it, it looks clean and fresh and very pro...but i've gotta ask, and slap me if i'm being dumb....how come some people quote bits at the bottom are okay, but some like mine- tend to do the creep thing and make it look like part of the post...just a little thing, but i'd appreciate an attempt to fix this...

"surely a longboarding fire spinner should have no trouble getting some action!"- NYC....

Page: