Forums > Social Chat > Poi for world domination!

Login/Join to Participate

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
the best thing happened to me today.
i walked into the shop to get my wick changed on my poi, when i started up a convo with the guy working there. we started talking about learning new tricks and when we do poi etc, and i told him about pip on the 18th he was like " great ill bring some freinds theres bout 10 of us want to go), then the woman also working there asked if she could come with her staffs and bring some people. then one of the other customers asked what time it started. in the space of about 10 mins about 30 people had wanted to come.
now i have only been doing poi since jan, but i really didnt know just how many people were into this as i am i really awakened me to a whole new perspective of how you just dont know anyone on face value.
sorry this was a bit long winded, but just thought id share with you guys how happy i am to be doing something i enjoy emensly and have met such amazing people (thats you guys) to share it with. thanx x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

478 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, hopefully this will help glass forgive me as i cant actually come to pip myself

IM SOOORRRRRRRRRRYYYYY!!!!

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Excellent! Which shop was this? With so many people turning up for PIP it's bound to rain!

Poi people are lovely and friendly. There's immediately common ground between all of us, as well as the fact that a lot of poi people have a lot in common. And spinners tend to creep out the woodwork once you start spinning somewhere, so it's really social!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
You're not coming!!!!!!

We'll pretend we didn't hear that and see you there. Or at one of the follow up events!

478 posts

Posted:
i really am sorry, you wouldnt believe.
any events after the 25th june (my last exam) and you'll never be rid of me cant wait, but i really cant go on the 18 when ive an exam 2 days after it and 14 more to follow it sorry i do want to.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
A likely story. Doesn't sound like any excuse to me. You can come for a few hours and chat to people n stuff. Learn some new moves maybe. It's a lot better than panicking about your exams and getting all stressy. I think anyhoo.

Just ignore me though, most people do......

Meh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
aw man sometimes it suck to be on the ass end of the planet... i'm excited that there'll be sooo many fireytwirly peeps in one place.
I wonder if it's gunna cause a veriation on earth's gravity - kinda like a dynamo effect but with wood and flame.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always