Forums > Social Chat > What is a sparkly poi, and that fire breath stuff

Login/Join to Participate

FeniXTranzmember
17 posts

Posted:
what is it, it look so amazing to me it looks as though you attach some firweorks on strings is it... and what do people use to spit out that fire stuff from there mouth's i know its not hazardous is it a special chemical...?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
FeniXtranz,Sparkly poi can be different hings, sparklers attached to poi, or steel wool set aflame. The sparks fly far and burn hot so careful if you attempt this.As for fire breathing, the **fuels** used are *****very**** toxic (read hazardous) and fire breathing is potentially fatal if done incorrectly. Those who do it are insane in my thoughts, and I can say that because I am one who does it. There are many threads on the board which discusses breathing and fuels used, as well as techniques. As cool as it looks, and it does, please be aware that it is one of the most hazardous of th efire tricks out there. If you want to get a good look at one of the many things that can go wrong Malcolm has a video down near the bottom of the video page that shows some poor chap having his face light up like a pyre. There really are no specially chemicals. There are things you need to pay attnention to in fuels, flashpoints (how fast the fumes will ignite) and such. Most breathers tend to use Kerosene or Lamp Oil.Depending where you are located my understanding is that there are other fuels available. Please, seek out the other threads if you intend to try this.Best to you!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

dangerboyoriginal member
205 posts

Posted:
As per fore breathing, I have to say the 151 rum does the trick nicel. It may be a little epensive, but it's a bit better for you than mostof the others. justn don't swallow :0

Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath, fire my spirit

FeniXTranzmember
17 posts

Posted:
wow, thanxs alot for the information screw that fire breathing lol talk to you l8rz-FTranZ-