Forums > Videos > How about a few tutorial videos?

Login/Join to Participate

Cute Little Burning BallBRONZE Member
101 posts

Posted:
Hi, i was thinking if it would´nt it be better for some of us (newbies) when some of you nice (profi) swingers posted a few tutorial videos on new exotic moves apart from the ones we already know from this page... in exchange for let´s say ehhhh some eternal gratituted?

i don´´t want to sound to cheeky but i´m really having a hard time figuring out what kind of moves you guys out there are doing.

sorry if i´m not to précise with the moves, i mean they ar just sooooooooooooo many.

thanx

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. - Calvin 'Calvin & Hobbes'

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
join www.spherculism.com for those...good luck!

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

101 posts

Posted:
Great page indeed but aren´t there any slow motion videos?
i can bearly identify what they´re doing...

Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. - Calvin 'Calvin & Hobbes'

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
good point. usually when teaching someone moves such tols are not available but it would certainly help....

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

101 posts

Posted:
I´ve heard from some video capturing programs, perhaps with the help of one of those, we can make them run slow mo...

anyone out there with the knowledge!?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
virtualdub is good if its a compatible avi

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

101 posts

Posted:
what if it´s Macromedia flash player 7...?

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
*shrugs* no idea then, i guess u would need a flash editor ...

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

101 posts

Posted:
I found it!!!!
Camstasia Studio is the program for capturing streaming video, after you capture a streaming video, save it in avi format and press play then you just have to move the arrow keys to go foward or backward in slow mo... isn´t it deadly?
the best thing to figure out what the hell is going on with the wrists

thanx

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
If you can't figure a move out by seeing a video of it maybe it's best to return to a move when you understand that kind of move better?

Is slow motion video really the way to go? What are we going to have next multi-angle split screen, with pause play buttons?

I'm not trying to moan but if you understand how a move works a slow-mo vids not going to make any difference. You still have to learn the move for yourself and as understanding expands moves come more naturally. confused

Maybe it is a good idea, that's just my opinion. smile
EDITED_BY: DeepSoulSheep (1085667526)

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

101 posts

Posted:
in a way i think your right, it´s not the best solution to make all of the videos go slow mo or ad the multi angle stuff that u mentioned, but what if someone has an untrained eye? of course the best way to learn is to understand the movements, but how am i going to try to understand something if i haven´t seen it before an goes to fast, specially on a tiny video in your computer screen.
its just pragmatic to try to slow down movements just as if u would ask someone who´s a way more better swinger than u to show you a new trick but please step by step and for all slowly. for instance try to learn a new language just by watching foreigner films...

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Any video will need an explaination or at least a commentary to explain what's happening or it won't help in my opinion.

This thread [Old link] may be usefull in the meantime though.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

101 posts

Posted:
You´re absolutely right about that, but an explanation sometimes its hard to follow with the video it´s kind of complete, but not for all...
i´m a little slow that´s why i prefer slow mo. or someone with heaps of patience, everyone has his own methods of learning...

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I have one tutorial video up in my video thread...

[Old link]

Its the "buzzweave" video. Shows how to do the buzzsaw weave and is in normal speed as well as slow mo.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
me likey what mcp does wif her vids: shows the movement at 1x speed, followed directly by slooooo mo and annotations.
wherever youse is in scots land, take a bow! smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
shes a clever girl that meghan.

hence why we're stealing her.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

apologies if most of our vids are not tutorials. we have been thinking about a looooon g tutorial thing, but it's probly going to have to wait til after summer.

or we might just hijack megs site and put up billions.

tehee.

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

101 posts

Posted:
name the site... i´ll do it! cool

who´s meg?

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Don't think you can bluuuuecat. Somebody already hijacked my site, or at least the password for void magically got changed... (probably by me) and I don't know what the new one is. So the present site will remain indefinately till it becomes fossilized or M-ling changes the password for me, but I think he has forgotten I told him somehow.

Plus I have a new massive vid to put up but can't get in - ARGH!

[innuedo based comment removed.]

ubbrollsmile

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
send it to pk.

or i will if you give it to me.

hugs
R

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
poi in teh park has bandwidth all used up, and spherculism seems to be dead buggy at the mo. frown and I think jez is dead. frown

'nyway.

Exam in T-3 hours.

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
bandwith'll be renewed on the first of the month.

good luck.

incidentally, can you do rehearsals on the first, second, 6th, 9th and 10th at 7pm?

yup? na? molly? mo-seph?

R

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
probably not the 1st, since I have an exam that day and the next, and on the 7th I have my second hardest exam, which I should really revise (or even learn the material) for on the 6th.... probably won't stop me going to reheasals though. The rest of the dates should be fine. (including the 2nd.)