Forums > Social Chat > i'm so pissed right now

Login/Join to Participate

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
so as some of you know, i got a brand new car about 2 months ago. and last night, some elderly lady hit me from behind.....in a freaking drive-thru. she didn't just bump me either, she literally slammed into the back of my car, hard enough to cause some significant scratches and puncture a hole in my bumper. i woke up this morning with a nasty case of whiplash as well.

so now i get to go through the hassle of taking it in to get an estimate, arrange for a rental car while my car is in the shop. i also need to see a doctor, but i have to pay upfront (which i don't have the money to do) and i'll supposedly get reimbursed.

grrrr. the only thing i can figure is she hit the gas instead of the brakes in order to have hit me as hard as she did. i honestly believe we should have to retake your driver's test after a certain age. she even forgot to put the car into park when she got out to look....almost rolled into my car again!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
sorry to hear about your car pounce! hug something similar happened to my fiesta a long time ago, but it involved a landrover and the back end of my car dissapearing. frown

The lady sounds a bit like my nan but she was driving an automatic. my nan puts the "mission" into manual transmission! wink

*can anyone smell clutch?*

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Oi! That does totally suck. hug for having to deal with drivers that are flustered at times. I hate it when people make my poor old car less than happy as well...bumps, crunches, and dings all suck. Hang in there and your new baby will be back to you soon hopefully as good as new.

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
reminds me of an episode of south park dealing with exactly the same issue - elderly drivers biggrin
they are dangerous

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
oh dear lady! hug for you and remember that in abuot 12 months you'll be able to lookback and laugh at it all smile or maybe you'll see her in the street and decide to ram her with your new fixed car....your call! ubbangel wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

grrrr. the only thing i can figure is she hit the gas instead of the brakes in order to have hit me as hard as she did. i honestly believe we should have to retake your driver's test after a certain age. she even forgot to put the car into park when she got out to look....almost rolled into my car again!

Oh yeah. My father died and nearly took my mother with him because he was driving when he was too old, with reflexes that were too poor and vision that was not sharp enough to be driving.

Unfortunately, the AARP is also the largest political group in the country. I see it every day when I try to park at the hospital; I have geriatric patients in front of me moving at 0.0003 MPH and not stopping for little children who dart out in front of them

I'm so sorry, pounce! Feel better. *gives pounce a virtual massage*

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
If it's any consolation, once your car has had a bingle you get less worried about it getting dented in car parks.

I hope your whiplash isn't a serious one. We don't appreciate necks until they don't work any more.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
terribly sorry about your car! and its an old person so you feel bad when u get angry at them! (at least, i do!)

hug

(when i read the subjct, i thought you means pissed as in drunk....i cant help it! im legal in a week! ubblol)

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
as usual with the anglo -american language differences, i came to this thread expecting to find some drunken ramblings... frown hugs for the cars problems though babe,hug damage to cars is one of the most annoying things ever to sort out!

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
As far as I know you do have to retake the test here *shrug*
I hope your neck gets better soon smile

By the way every time I see this topic it reads to me as
"I'm so drunk right now"

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear, pounce!

hug hug hug hug hug hug

Wish it hadn't happened, but glad you're ok, mostly.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
hug For you!

AARP? Who dey?
In the UK I believe you have to re-take your test at 65 and it's harder than the original.

In my little town of Bookham, an old dear drove straight through the butchers' shop as she accelerated instead of braking eek

What's annoying is when you have the Saga Insurance adverts:
"Are you sick of paying for the reckless youths who push up motoring insurance"
mad

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
God yes thats true.

I hate driving with my gran. Shes so short she can barely see oner the steering wheel, so she has to drive slowly. And when she picks up speed, its terrifying.

Yeah, that South PArk Episode did rock ubbrollsmile u can get it here http:www.cartmanland.net , although it may take a while 2 download...

peace PEace out meditate

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Durbs, the AARP is the "American Association of Retired Persons." It's a big political group for older Americans.

And "pissed" in Americanish is "angry." Also "pissed off."

-Mike

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I thought pissed meant drunk? Dang it, I'll never get my continents straight.

Sorry to hear that sweetie. I bought a brand new car about a year ago and in New York City I've been hit by just about everyone and everything. Fortunately, I don't care what the outside looks like... like with women, it's what's inside that counts. And fuel efficiency... very important with the women I date.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Glad I cant drive yet. Sounds expensive.

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
NYC, why do you own a car?

The Dean of the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons doesn't even own one (he interviewed me when I applied there...I was rejected).

I'd love to live in New York and do away with this disgusting machine I have to drive around.

-Mike

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
Written by: NYC

And fuel efficiency... very important with the women I date.

it all makes sense now wink

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

certifiedloonSILVER Member
29 posts

Posted:
Cars. Not a good topic. I bought a car here in NZ which has cost more to fix than we paid for it originally, the battery has died a multitude of times and we almost kissed goodbye to the poor V6 after an over-heating incident due to a bust water pump....

However I have learnt more about cars/engines in the past few months than I ever did in my driving lessons!

But yeah I agree, eldery people are annoying at the best of times let alone when they bash your car. I feel for you. hug

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Eep, I hope the car is all ok and shiny when it's fixed

No offence to elderly people at all but there's one woman who lives down the road from me who is an utterly terrible driver... fair enough she goes slow (other younger people do too, but not often) but I'm not sure she can use her full vision because she drives with her head leaning on her shoulder...

I probably wouldn't notice this except that a few years ago she ran over a little kid's ankles and she thought she was still on top of him so she reversed back over him.

I think many elderly people know when to give up or stop driving or are just incapable of doing it any more but I think something should be done about people retaking their tests when they're older or at intervals in their lives.
I'm pretty sure this is an old argument I just made... oh I see, Pounce made it earlier!
I am all for people retaking their tests, including their theory tests too... some drivers don't know what the simple signs mean!

Good luck with the car... hey! It's in better shape than my invisible car... it got battered at the weekend, not that it went very fast before!!!!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Kapura MataaroHoP resident longboarder.
195 posts

Posted:
i hope your car situation is okay now, that really sucks though....

"surely a longboarding fire spinner should have no trouble getting some action!"- NYC....

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
Poor Pounce. hug hug

hug hug wave wave

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
thanks all. just had the insurance people come and look at my car today and make an estimate. now i just gotta set up the appointment to get it fixed. and i think i do need to go see a doctor. my neck has been feeling all tweaked lately frown

**giggles**

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug

Feel better soon!

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
My sister's driving teacher had a song about old drivers...when they leave their turn signals on for 5 miles, it's not because they forgot, its because they are singing "I'm old, I'm slow, I'm old I'm slow I'm old I'm slow" along with it.
I know, it's kinda mean, but funny!

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

GoodSILVER Member
55 posts

Posted:
Aw, Pounce, what a bummer. Try some soaking in the hot springs for your neck? My old Subaru was backed into by a deaf mute! He didn't even know he hit it, and I couln't talk to him to straighten it out! He even smashed my bike which was on the back! Too much. (Now I only purchase scratch-and-dent models) We all congratulated my Grandma when she voluntarily gave up her license. She even refuses to ride with some of her friends. You go girl! Yeah, you go on FOOT!

take the schneak-tip