Page:
PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
I've had a new tatto done it's a really special one for me it's not one of those pointless tats.
It symbolises me and my partner living together in harmony.
My question is have you got a tat and what was the reason for getting it done??

Cheerz Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Never be sorri 4 a ramble.

We live for rambles

Az abouve, So below...

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I know somebody with a tattoo of Mr Tickle on her breast. As she ages the arms are just going to get longer and better!

Another favorite tat is on a friend. It looks like a simple celtic knot, but look at it again and it's a clever silhouette of 2 people entwined in a carnal embrace. Very cool!

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
I've just got one on my back, its a scarab with an eye in it's back..

Scarab=holy dung beetle, ancient egyptian symbol for good luck and rebirth from digusting conditions.. also associated with scorpio for some reason(?)

eye= wisdom, protection, good luck..

unfortunately this tattoo has given me little of the above, as I cascade my way into speaker stands at performances in huge clubs... just before I'm supposed to go on. *rolls eyes at his own klutziness*

Drakienmember
49 posts

Posted:
I live in the optimistic hope that by the time I'm eighty, scientists will have devised a way of painlessly removing (or applying for that matter) tattoos, and the whoel "ugh, eighty-years-old-with-a-tat" argument will be redundent.

I hope.

J

(read somewhere they're putting them on painlessly with lasers now - hmmmm)

Posh ravers wear ties.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
I don't care about being an 80 yo tatooed woman I think it is OK. So is gravity. I just thought of the spot before I got the tatoo in order to not be diappointed (because I'm vain... see above ).
I don't think I'd like to have my tatoo (and possible future ones) removed... ever ... it's not only part of me... 'tis me ...

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
One of my closest friends wanted to get a squashed faery underneath her ample breast. I thought that was one of the coolest ideas ever. Then she shrank and so did her chest. Maybe she could get a squashed ladybug there, now..........

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I got 10, working on 11,12 and 13 but dont know when I'll be able to get them done. I dont have any pictures of the ones I do have

1)aztec eagle - my left arm

2)salamander (one of my totem animals) - right arm

3) Ankh - right arm

4)Chinese character for 'lost' - right arm

5) copy of a sunwheel design from chapelle aux sants a neolithic burial mound in france - left arm

6) A stag - another of my totem animals, left calf

7)a celtic knot haf band- left arm

8)Boanne, RIver goddes of the boyne- right calf

9)Morrigan, tripple deity of war right shoulder blade

10)Dana, a representation of the mother godess - left shoulder blade

11 is going to be the tri-spiral from newgrange, in Ireland, 12 is going to be the greek godess athena, and 13 will be the uffington white horse

[ 17 May 2002, 09:57: Message edited by: Spiral ]

4,224 posts

Posted:
But we've got PIP next saturday to see them, right ?

shine on
cassandra

PeachesBRONZE Member
4 posts

Posted:
I have two beautiful tattoos. One of a silhouette of a bird on my hip, and a little butterfly on the small of my back.
The bird was my first one and represents my freedom and self expression. I’ve got the 6th version of that one.
My second took a year to design and get just right. I represents my fiancé, he’s a traveller who never stays in the one place to long. He got one of a dragon (curled up asleep) on his back to represent me. I think that having pictures rather than each others name is more personal. Also it doesn’t hex the relationship the way that I think names do.
Anyhow I love my tattoos and wouldn’t change them for the world.

Peaches

If fifty million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
Just a quick question, would anyone consider branding or scarification instead of the usual ink and needle tattoo?

I'm a bit too squeamish for any of them, but I'm very interested to hear anyone's opinions

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Mass Destruction Worldwidemember
83 posts

Posted:
Well to start on the first question...Ive got 2 tats at the moment.
1) a band around my arm that a good friend of mine designed for me 5 years ago.
2) one of the Satanic Surfers band logos (on my right calf) it means alot. Keeps me grounded with who I am, and where I came from and all the shit Ive had to deal with in life.

I want full sleeves on both arms eventually. They will be a tattoo representation of a series of paintings Im doing. It has alot to do with my views of where the world is, and where we'll be 100-200 yrs from now.
I also want another one of the surfers logo's on my other calf...True Till Death written in old english across my lower back, and a pentacle on the back of my neck.

As far as Branding or Scarification is concerned (Heh, I did a few paintings about this topic as well) I wouldnt put it completely out of my head. You just never know. Ive seen some awesome branding work done...so if its something you, or anyone else is really ready for...all the power to ya!!

Cheers.

educate yourself - knowledge is power

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
i have 2 small tattoos, the first one i got was a sun with an anch(sp?) which is the sign for eternity, and fertility...i actually got it for the eternity, and later found out about it being for fertility!! really...honest... and the one below that one i drew, its just a tribal design...thought it looked kool, so i put it on my body!! i plan to get a few more, but i read a fact at my last doctor visit that said

"one out of every three people that have tattoos contract some form of hepatitis c"

so that kinda scared me but i figure, as long as you get your tattoos done at a nice place that cleans really good, or someone you know, you are doing everything you can do to be safe !!

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think Ravr, that you missed out some of the information from your quote. Or else it was literature from the close minded scare tactics society.

Bovril Monkey - I have a brand on my arm that i got as an experiment about 8 years ago. It didn't scar right though and it doesn't really look like anything.

Meh

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
man...why are you picken on me?.. lol dont you know that i have *smoked* between now and then?... lol well whatever it was i know what i was talking about...so there....fraggle!!

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

Morganemember
102 posts

Posted:
u do realise that one has to be a memeber to be able to see them pics don'tcha???
so please admit lil old moi:)
Morgy who STILL hasn't found the right thing for her shoulderblade

Out to Wrong Rights and Depress the Opressed.

WhirlyGlennmember
6 posts

Posted:
I have Taz dressed as a grim reaper.

Took me 3 months to decide on a design and i still don't know what made me go for it, but 5 years later i still love it.

Remember, a weekend wasted is never a wasted weekend.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
CAS....

The funny thing is, I didn't actually know they were ALL greek symbols. A couple I took purposely, knowing they were greek but (and here's the strange thing) I actually designed the rest myself to fit in with the greek symbols I'd already used. My aunt saw it and said "Dibs' that doesn't really read what you think it reads." Then she informed me I'd actually used all greek symbols, purely by mistake. How strange is that?

Yeah, maybe I'm some reincarnated greek godess or something...... or atleast thats what I like to think!

Nice to finally speak to you anyway sis. Sorry I didn't make it to PIP in London, left it too late. But I WILL see you in the future.
Much love,
Dibs xxx

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

4,224 posts

Posted:
I think you are one of those nymphs who live in water, the naiades

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Eerr I got a few too.

https://communities.msn.co.uk/lassie/membersinkandsteel.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=311

https://communities.msn.co.uk/lassie/membersinkandsteel.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=314

https://communities.msn.co.uk/lassie/membersinkandsteel.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=315

All designed either by me or a mate.. except for the symbols which indicate my star sign and year of birth.. It's my labeling for the 21st centuary..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's an open community Morgane so you can just go and view them without joining. But the managers of that community tell me you've joined anyhoo so it's all good. Geordie says stop by anytime and she'll look after you. She makes lovely sandwiches. You can push her in the creek too - she loves it.....

Meh

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
*bumping this back up from waaaaay back when*

So although I claimed that tattoos are against my religion, I have also come to realize that I am going to donate my body to science, after which they will cremate it. Both of which are against my religion, too. So what the heck?

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo. The inspiration struck me when I woke up yesterday morning.

Here's my idea: I want a small tattoo right next to my groin of a little Dr. Seuss Red Fish and Blue Fish. The reasons: 1) I like red and blue 2) I like to swim 3) it would be totally invisible to anyone unless they saw me naked. It would even be hidden by a swimsuit.

Now, I'm not rushing into this. I plan on doing it in June after I finish my Board exams.

What do you think of my idea?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Sounds perfect for you Dr Mike.

I love my tattoo muchly - it really sumbolises a whole lot of stuff... No matter how many people say "but what if you end up regretting it when you're older" I consistently respond with "but I'm not regretting it now, nor will I be for the next several years at least...."

Why deny yourself something you can enjoy here and now, simply because of the possible threat of regret at some unknown time in the future? pffft.

Go for it Mike, then come to Australia and we can discuss the possibility of you showing it to me.

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
as with any tattoo mine (will) mean something to me, my own design its a ying n yang to show balance and relate to my father who has been my balance(he has y,n,y on the arch of his foot, ouch).. the ying and yang is a sun and moon, the moon is blue with three elephants walking up the insige small med and large with their trunks up to symbolize good luck, furtune and life as is indian tradition.. the sun is flared with fire and obviousy represents all of you wonderful peoples and how fire has a way of forgiving and leading.. their is a lot more to it but if you ever see it itll be explained in full... oh yeah it is around my belly button which will we pierced N S E W soon after the ink has healed with a shield of gold fashioned as a compass linking them together in the middle, to show guidence of my path through the innerlife.. think of it what you will but its something i believe ill be able to admire even when im old and rinkly...
happyhunting
mythmitch

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by flash fire:
Sounds perfect for you Dr Mike.

Why deny yourself something you can enjoy here and now, simply because of the possible threat of regret at some unknown time in the future? pffft.

Besides, if I don't like it, I can always pull a favor from a dermatologist friend, right?

quote:

Go for it Mike, then come to Australia and we can discuss the possibility of you showing it to me.
You WOULD like that, wouldn't you?

Yeah? Well, so would I.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

primative_toyshappy hunting
228 posts

Posted:
black light inking, this sounds very cool..!!!

regret nothing, learn everything

fire_light_movement

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
i have 10

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
I am getting a couple soon! They signify who I am and that you can only know by knowing me!

So as my darling mitch says: happy hunting!

love and hugs
drome

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
Okay, hope this story (and the reason behind my wanting a tattoo) doesnt sound too soppy!

There was this guy at my Uni who made the most amazing impact on who I am and what I believe in - he honestly taught me to appreciate the little things that I have really never noticed.

He taught me to fire-twirl and one of the most amazing nights i have ever had was spent watching him fire-twirl - I was absolutely mesmerised by him!

He passed away in the Uni holidays after first term in 2001. I was absolutely devastated and I think about him everyday - I wanted to keep learning to fire-twirl in his memory so I could join up with a group for his memorial the following year. Now I'm completely addicted and it makes me feel like he's right there with me when I twirl - especially when I drop the stick...!

I have wanted for a long time to get a tattoo that symbolises my memory of him and fire-twirling... The image I have in my head (yet to appear correctly on paper!) is of the sillhouette (sp?) of a guy with his hand up in the air - palms to the sky - two sticks across his torso at diagonals to his body - then a ring of flame joining the four ends of the sticks in a ring of fire around the figure.....

Now all I have to do is figure out how to draw it properly....! I think I want it on my shoulder blade...watching over my back - he always told his friends he'd do that....

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So, MikeG...that means when I come in June I can see it..maybe kiss it and make it better? Or I can come up and go with you, hold your *ahem* hand?

I can now officially update myself here.

I have three now. Larger than I had intended as well....but I love them soooooo much. I received them as a Christmas gift the week before Christmas, and I got them all at once. The look on my tat-ist face when he asked which one I wanted to get that day and I said all three was priceless. My suggestion is that if you get a tat...make sure you don't sit through more than 4 hours in one sitting. The endorphines kick in the 1st half hour and wear off sometime between the 3rd and 4th hours! LOL

I have mine in places that don't really show unless I expose them...since these are, essentially for me (the one on my back I also got for bellydancing). And since for some of my performing I can not have tat's that show, or piercings that show other than the standard female ones in the ears, I have to be very weary where I can have my body adjustments, so I have determined that they will all be midriff level.

On my right hip I had that yin-yang I mentioned on the first page? I had the outline of a crow built up around that. In the right wing is boning and the left is the Chinese symbol Sol...Immortality. The diamond yin-yang is the heart of it....the crow is my native totem birth animal, the bones symbolize there is more to me than meets the eye, the yin-yang is my struggle for balance (diamond in the rough thing) and Sol is that in some way..I WILL live forever.
It is 5"w and 3 1/2"t. I still have shading around the bones left to do, but it's pretty much done. And no one likes it but me, which means even more to me.

On my left hip is my butterfly. It is actually a surprise so let's just say it has fire, poi and the Japanese Kanji: Spirit and Color which together form the word Passion. Need I say more about the meaning? Except to add it that the butterfly is my totem spirit. The Kanji still need to be colored in. It is 3 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches.

On the small of my back I have one. Okay..well, on my lower back! It is 7 1/2" wide and 6" t which doesn't seem big, until it is on your body.
It is a gargoyl-ish looking dragon in a pose close to Rodin's(sp??) "Thinker" statue. He is perched atop a Celtic band line. In the middle of two loops of the knot is the libra symbol (me) and pisces symbol (my son..the only man who will ever appear permanently on my body! ) The Dragon symbolizes using strength and courage with wisdom. The knot is the eternal bond of my son and myself, strength and wisdom. I still need to get the band work filled in.

The ironic thing is in designing them, I drew what I felt. Only after I had them done did I realize they are all winged creatures, and Libra is an Air sign. I thought that was pretty interesting.
I'll post pictures when I get them finished.

So many were impressed with my dragon and butterfly designs that I am now designing for others. I am working on one for Prometheus, one for my friend Denise and one for our very own lovely Cassandra. I am more weary about designing for others but I'll give it a shot.
If they don't like it, they don't have to use it!

I was told that when I visit my friend Chris that I am getting a tat or piercing (he likes piercings alot). I dunno about that.
Before I leave later this year on my grand adventure I intend to get my belly button pierced 4 times (yes all at once). I was given a 18 guage hoop for christmas too, now I have to decide where to put it. Can't do any facial at all, so I am thinking ear, cartiledge? I just don't know.
My son is getting both his ears pierced for his 8th birthday in March. He has been asking for it since he was 4. I made him waite to make certain it was something he REALLY wanted. I guess 4 years and his still wanting it proves he will be alright with them!

Cheers to all!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

KrysBRONZE Member
17 posts

Posted:
"Why deny yourself something you can enjoy here and now, simply because of the possible threat of regret at some unknown time in the future? pffft." - Flash Fire

You've got the right idea, deah. Nicely worded.

I'm actually working on a tattoo apprenticeship right now so within a year I hope to be inking enthusiasts like you. Right now I just have the two tattoos; The japanese symbol 'kokoro' on my wrist (heart/mind/spirit) and a ring of fire on my hip symbolizing strength, rebirth, and the duality of human nature.
Cheers,

Page: