Page:
PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
I've had a new tatto done it's a really special one for me it's not one of those pointless tats.
It symbolises me and my partner living together in harmony.
My question is have you got a tat and what was the reason for getting it done??

Cheerz Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

flowingchaliceBRONZE Member
180 posts

Posted:
Hey Sypher, that's so boootiful May it bring you and your lovely lady happiness and harmony always. Not that you really need it, you're quite a pair

Can't wait to see it!!!! Til then...

and

Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside wakes C G Jung

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
Moon Pixie has a beautiful tree woman on her back...

I just uploaded a couple of photos onto the moonfest webpage - they are in their own folder called "Elke's tattoo"

https://groups.msn.com/moonfest

[ 21. January 2003, 12:16: Message edited by: bec ]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Actually Bec they're in Pictures. And they're in a folder called "elke's tatoo" (with one t)

A shortcut

Meh

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
oops

thanks C@ntus... am ever appreciative of your quick linky things (and spell-checking )

the photos aren't very clear, but you can still see how beautiful she is... (the tree woman I mean, but my little sis' is gorgeous too...*)

beezle_bubmember
28 posts

Posted:
Tattoos are the final step of self expression, as the reminder is with your for your physical existance!
they are sooooo beatiful!!!!!!!!!

i have a 5 inch Anch between my shoulder blades. I got it done on my 18th birthday, i went in by myself to symbolise strength. If you don't know the anch is an ancient egyptian symbol meaning life, and female empowerment...as a short version...(18...start of a new life/no restrictions).

All the power to anyone who loves tatt's.....
YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE THAT NEEDS TO BE PAINED =p

Deep into the darkness peering, long i stood there wondering, fearing!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
C@ntus...

here I was replying to your PM telling you how you could find a pic of my tatt, and meanwhile you've long since created a link to it and everything you are such a clever fraggle!

took me a while to catch up...

The tree woman symbolizes manny things to me...

Her arms extend into branches and reach up to the sky (like in hope... dreams and wishes) yet her feet stay centred and grounded (while holding onto the dreams, keeping a grasp on reality... keeping it real) she is *branching out* (very significant to me at this time in my life) and the new little sprouts of leaves represent growth and new biginnings...

she is entwind and entangled in branches and roots (life) Constantly growing...

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I think it suit's you miss moonpixie. Just cause of what it represent's

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
hELLO EVERYONE!

I'm in the middle of having my second one done, it's about 1/3 finished and it covers the whole left hand side or my torso... mmmm...yes.

It starts just underneath my booby and folllows my rib lines down to my thigh. I'll send A pic when it's finished. Me likes tattoos. yes yes. bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz bbbzzzzzzzzzz bzzzzzzzzzz

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by dibs_star:
...my second one...
was the first one that big too...? ouch.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
While I was there I got into a discussion with Jason (my tat-ist) about the most annoying part of getting a tat.

1. The whiner on the other side of the studio making an idiot out of himself complaining that the one single prick hurts too much.

2. The pain.

3. The buzzing noise.

I think it is the buzzing noise personally. Jason said it is the whiner.
What do you think?

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*trying hard not to make a joke about pricks*

Personally I think the worst part of getting a tattoo is the boredom - sitting/lying in the same position for hours with an unchanging view (unless you're lucky enough to see a window).

Meh

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
the buzz sucks and the whiner sucks but you can avoid the whiner by going to a place where the cats don't whine and whiners are not tollerated..

pain... depending on the place the tattoo's on the underside of my wrists and back of my skull hurt .. alot .. like ALOT!!!!

but by far the worse of them all is the itching as it heals and the non scratch policy of good healing

quote:
Originally posted by Pele:
While I was there I got into a discussion with Jason (my tat-ist) about the most annoying part of getting a tat.

1. The whiner on the other side of the studio making an idiot out of himself complaining that the one single prick hurts too much.

2. The pain.

3. The buzzing noise.

I think it is the buzzing noise personally. Jason said it is the whiner.
What do you think?

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
LOL..the itch really sucks. Jason and I talk so I don't get bored. *shrug* Something about the high pitched bzzzzzz...just, excuse the pun, get's under my skin!

Cantus, what was that about a prick?

Pele

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well after 25 hours spent on my back, i gotta say that every time i hear that drone of the gun, i hate it, it kinda puts me off getting ink any more.

cant remember who it was that said ultravoilet ink! right on, my frind has a full calf peice and it has a load of UV ink, its fuckin awsome to see, loads of black tribal out lined in UV.

i have an ambition to get a full face mask one day, what would be good right now and i would get done asap is one in UV, then there is no downfall to unemployment and such. i find a hell of a lot of discrimination towards me right now with my rather tribal appearance, having one and a half inch flesh tunnels in both ears, a nice mask would acompany my life ambitions. but in the real world we can not avoid discrimination for looking very slightly out of the "norm".. if "norm" can be described in any way now adays.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Nope. I'll let someone else make the prick jokes.

Base humour just aint my style

Meh

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by C@ntus:
*trying hard not to make a joke about pricks*

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
They have UV ink now??!! Ooo... this opens up new possibilities on tribal tattoo designs to work on at school.

Kinudin

firerose55member
7 posts

Posted:
UV would be amazing, what color is the ink when it isn't blacklighting?

i got my tatoo done a few months ago. It was drawn by a friend as our school arts, music and earth celebration logo, i took it and changed it just a bit (with his permission). It's on my lower back and about three inches square. It's a butterfly that's right wing is made up of a sun and left wing the moon. the colors are maron, blue and purple. I like the balance of the sun and moon, day and night, light and dark, warm and cold. Also I like the butterfly's symbolism of freedom. i'm really glad its not something i got out of a book, that it is something that i helped create and is really mine. I'm in love with it:)

I really don't care that people tell me i will regret it later, i have no intention of living my life frearing regret, or later on in life i'll be regreting what i didn't do. I did however make sure to put it in a place where it dose not show most of the time
That and when you think about it, its just part of american society that says decorating the body is un-attractive, in many cultures body alteration is a sign of beauty and respect, who is anyone to tell me, or I to tell anyone else what is beauty?
suzanne

[ 22. January 2003, 19:12: Message edited by: firerose55 ]

Mr.Coffeemember
56 posts

Posted:
I currently have one tattoo, it's on my left shoulder.https://www.geocities.com/eternaldonut
that's my website, click on the "what's on my shoulder" link to see my tattoo. i'm also planning on getting an audio ground symbol tattoed on my ankle, sort of an identifier mark, being as i'm a sound designer and all.

-Rhys

[ 22. January 2003, 19:46: Message edited by: Mr.Coffee ]

--> I'm just a wave acting out in my own particular way <--

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
UV ink is invisible when in normal light as far as I know. That's why you can get big UV face masks and shit.

The only problem that I can see is that it's insanely expensive - otherwise it'd be my perfect solution

I'm still going through phases of 'I really really want a tat' (but one of my own designs - three people have my work on them so far) and sometimes it's 'my body is most beautiful in it's natural form..'

So there's a big debate going on in my head

Incidentally I just got a beautiful book of black and white piercing pics. Reminds me of the pic Kato took of PK. I'll bring it when I come to PIP (Pk, Cantus, Drome, Stix etc can see it then )

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
mr coffee - three words: your shoulder, beautiful.

does anyone know if uv ink is completely invisible or if it looks like faint white ink? i'm thinking even if it you cannot see it except under a uv lamp, it may still show up slightly in sunlight for example?

anyone know of any links to decent pictures of uv tats (can you tell i hadn't heard of these until now? )?

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
The UV is light monstrous expensive, does not show in regular light...however, if you have the type of skin where the tatoo's raise, that will be noticable. Also, alot of tat-ists don't offer it yet because alot of people have had serious reactions to it, as it hasn't been fully approved for use yet. I saw a thing about it on the Discovery Channel, there is this cool show each week about the thigs people do globally in the name of beauty.
And there was an article about it in a couple of Tat magazines. When the get the kinks of it ironed out...I would concider it.

Pele

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
well all this talk of tattoo's i think i should dig this page out of the closet and give it a dusting, i would also add an adult rating too, dont look if too screamish. 18+ dont look if you dont want to see what you might not like.
theres some real nice black and white photos of me in my hayday punk era with some fucked up piercings, getting ink and my beloved reptile zoo.

Page: