Page:
PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
I've had a new tatto done it's a really special one for me it's not one of those pointless tats.
It symbolises me and my partner living together in harmony.
My question is have you got a tat and what was the reason for getting it done??

Cheerz Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

Brigemember
10 posts

Posted:
On my left ankle I have a daisy with a petal thats fallen off and its at the bottom of the stem..it symbolizes "he loves me he loves me not" i had it done after a breakup with my long time boyfriend..I'm no longer in love with the ex but i still love my tat...i've been thinking of getting a new one but i'm not sure what to get..I'll know what when the time is right..ciao all

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Did I say I don't have any? Well here are some pics of them (which i don't have - obviously).

This is on my left upper arm:
https://communities.msn.co.uk/AnalysisNewsAndLaughter/cantus.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=307

This is on my right:
https://communities.msn.co.uk/AnalysisNewsAndLaughter/cantus.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=308

And this is the design I did for the one that is on my lower back:
https://communities.msn.co.uk/AnalysisNewsAndLaughter/cantus.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=161
I don't have any decent photos of this one......

Meh

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Those are really cool, c@ntus. I like the combination of tribals and the dragon eyes.

yay! I just got my second tattoo finished today! It would have been done yesterday, but the shop was closing. So, I went back today and got it taken care of. So painful! But, I'm really happy with it. I'll try to take a picture of it and post it up. It's the Kali Yantra from Nepal and is between my shoulder blades.

Oh god, I hurt........

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
Cantus - Ummmm.....have you seen the tattoo on your back recently? or at all? I saw it on tuesday, and that's not what they did sweetie. It looks a lot more blue, slightly elfin with a white hat. Tyring to let you down gently here.....you like smurfs don't you?

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Tremember
12 posts

Posted:
mmm i love tattoos...
i got a butterfly sideways on, on my hipbone when i was young and naive, to represent chaos theory, but i've since been told that 'butterfly' in greek (?) is 'psyche' which is quite a nice thing to know...can anyone confirm that?
I also got a design i collaborated with a tattooist at the bottom of my spine, a celtic knot i designed surrounded by purple/black tribal stuff that the tattooist did freehand... never going to be another one like it

my mum hails from china, so i really want a chinese symbol somewhere but i'm extremely paranoid about getting someone who doesn't speak/write the language to do it, but i don't know how safe it is to go to china and get it done
...the paranoia came after my mum told me that posh spice's tat that was suppose to say 'woman' actually says 'ladies' as in "i'm just popping to the..." !

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
I just had a tattoo done last Wednesday. It's very personal to me.......

It's the words 'Brenhines Tylwyth Teg' ('Queen of Fairies' in Welsh) Above the writing is a star that I designed myself, the writing is also my own. I've always loved fairies since I was tiny, and when I lived in Wales I used to go hunting for them and draw them and stuff. I've always been called The Fairy Queen by people as I guess thats how they percieve me. So I'd been designing the tattoo for a year and finally it was finished, and there it is! On my back, for all to see! Branded the Queen of Fairies. Proud. I'll try and attatch a picture...

Tattoo's are great but I'd advise anyone who is getting one to have a picture of it on your wall for a good couple of months before you get it, just to check you never get sick of it! My words of wisdom for the day!

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I used to know a guy with the word "spider" tattooed on his neck. It had meant to say Cider. But the tattooist couldn't spell and wrote Sider. A p was added later.

Smurfs you say?

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Thanks Bro!! Smiles all round

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Dibs (hi sis first time I actually say hi )
Your tatoo is beautiful ! But the greek letters seem to not mean anything in greek. Do they have a special meaning for you ? would you mind sharing ?

Cantus, wicked tatoos you've got Bro
I have a tatoo , designed it , had it done and the guy actually screwed it partly Maybe when i have money and someone who knows how to design tatoos i'll try and find a way to make it better.

The tatoo parlor I went to was the most famous one in Paris and yet it did not prevent the guy from screwing... Of course it is not "obvious" at first sight, but if you look harder , it shows the lines are *far* from being perfect etc ... So everyone, please be perfectly sure of the guy who does it ... and also maybe chose the hour you have it done (like NOT when he is exhausted after the 10000eth costumer of the day ...)

Still love my tatoo, just hope I can love it even more some day...

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
i hate tattoo posts cos now i'm quite sure i'll make myself get one now... yup defintly want my ickle faery on my shoulder now... would like a wrist one but have heard too many ouchys!!

but waiting till oz cos rememberance and expense lol!

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
I have some tattoos which i am quite fond of, i will try to post some pictures.

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Spiral has got some nice ones. About 7 of them I think.

Cass, i think the writing on dibs' tattoo is welsh not greek. and she explains what it means in an earlier post on this thread.

Meh

ufo8mycatBRONZE Member
journeyman
60 posts

Posted:
I once heard someone talk of their tattoos being the diary of their youth - painted memory.

truesay dont you think?

it's not that i mean to set things on fire...

tallicaburtonmember
51 posts

Posted:
I'm thinking about getting a tattoo eventually, one to remind me of my soulmate. Its just nice to have something that reminds you of them. Doesn't matter if its a necklace, their belt that you're wearing, or a tattoo on your foot... I want to get it with them in about 1.5 years. Partly to make sure we're sure about each other, and partly cause they turn 18 in 1.5 years SO! I wanted something small and symbolic. "Come what may" is one thought. Or maybe "To thy own self be true" Anybody have suggestions? I can't think of any pictures.

cyberpunkgrrlmember
27 posts

Posted:
I have a tattoo on my left shoulder of the Wiccan five-sided star, symbolising the five elements earth, air, fire, water and spirit. It's the most important thing to me, and it's who I am. It's one of the most beautiful designs I've ever seen - I wish there was a picture up of it!

Retry
Abort...

Failed!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
If only someone could invent a camera......

Meh

jexXymember
37 posts

Posted:
When i was in zanzibar a couple of years ago i got a beautiful henna design on the small of my back travelling up my spine of this like twisting african muslim pattern the girl had designed herself. i really want it done but a/ i've been told it'll cost alot and b/ the guy said it'd have to be done off center to avoid the spine, alot of pain and danger of paralysis (i *think* he was winding me up there) its quite narrow and tall, are anyone elses tats in a similar place cos i'm wondering whether it'll look silly a bit wonky, and its coming up to my birthday so i gotta decide whther to go for that or something else.... hmmz

Queen Vmember
10 posts

Posted:
I'm getting my 1st tatoo next friday. ive wanted it for a while. it the symbol for my favorite band(Naked Aggression) but its not just a logo ive talked to the lead singere before and she told me it symbolizes confined energy that builds up and up until it explodes all over the place in a big mess its alot like life(mine anyway)its a circle with two arrows pointing out of the top and one of to the side on the bottom. ill try to post it when i get it done. ive also condered getting a mother duck with little baby ducks following her in a band around my upper arm with one green ugly duck with a spike coming out of the top of his head a cigar hanging out his bill a spiked dog collar he's sticking his middle feather up and hes got a tattoo on his left wing that says "lucky" along with tire marks on his ass and some webbed combat boots(ive really gotta draw this one up) i also want to get sober tatooed on either the back of my neck or on my wrist ive thought about getting it done in old english but i dont know. i want to get fire aswell i used to write off the idea cuz its kinda cliche but i deal with a lot of fire in my life, from my horoscope to performing to welding as a career id have to create my own design for sure.

BE LIKE THE FIRE,SHINE WITHOUT FORM.

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
hey, just keep getting it hennaed on.

at any given time i have henna on me somewhere that i do myself. its a heck of a lot easier to do on other people.

my hand once

sometimes i can get it to go really dark, but usually only when my design sucks
my feet in december (hey, try hennaing your own feet sometime and see how long you can bend like that and still be able to draw!)

Pere

[ 13 May 2002, 12:12: Message edited by: Peregrine ]

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I want to get a tatoo. Then again, my parents would tell me "It looks great now, but what about when you're 80 and it's all wrinkly". That kinda gets me thinking.

Great designs for all of those with pictures

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I always said I would get a tatt when I moved out of home (my dad was always cool with the idea, but my mum would have done her nut ). I guess I am a little bit overdue on the body adornment now...

Must start thinking of designs. I would like a little tiger (& I wouldn't mind a tattoo of one either)

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Jexxy,
I don't know how that guy thinks tattooing on your spine would cause paralysis, but I've gotten two (or three depending on how you look at it) along my spine and still not paralyzed. I don't see how that could happen as the needles only penetrate the first couple of layers of skin. Okay, maybe if you had someone *really* stupid doing it, but I would hope you would shop around and find someone you feel safe with.
As far as the pain goes, I'm going to lie to you. It hurts like a bitch. You have less padding over your spine, which causes it to be one of the most painful areas to tattoo. So, it's up to you and remember you don't have to get it done all at once and can always have them do a little line or something so you can see if you can stand the pain. Hope that helped.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
The centre bit(s) of the tattoo on my back is/are on my spine and i'm still paralysis free. I think the guy was pulling your leg/completely wrong/a total moron....

Meh

starbukmember
75 posts

Posted:
Ive got one on my upper right arm designed for me by the only true woman Ive ever loved (Ahh!)

Its meant to be me and her in an embarace sybolised by some squiggly lines!

But she left me

Now im sad

Dont forget to bring a towel

4,224 posts

Posted:
Cantus, Dibs, sorry, i had not understood that you meant you had written the welsh text in greek letters. Why greek letters though ?

Pere, good job really

Kinudin, you're right, one has to think about the spot and how it will look in, say 50 years from now... which is why I somehow do not recommend boobs ... and why I chose my lower back.

Kali's so right : spine = pain ... but I found that after a short while I created my own endorphine and no longer felt pain ... (mine small and only took a bit more than an hour so taht might be why as well.

Shine on
Cassandra

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
I don't think the thought of how a tatts gonna look when you're old should affect things. So what if it goes wrinkly? Tis a beautiful part of a beautiful form. If u get the right tatt, u should always be happy with it. And after all, if it wasn't there, your skin would be just as wrinkly, just not as colorful.

Az abouve, So below...

4,224 posts

Posted:
True, very true ... but then again, it is a matter of taste I guess. the change of skin alters the shape of a tatoo and mine is flying-winged shape ... don't want the wings to end up looking like I've landed at some point

shine on
Cass

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
the way it looks when you get older is somthing you have to take in to account IF you think that far ahead, a tat is a buetiful addition to your apperance, if really wanted the tat in the first place i wont matter what it looks like when aged with rest of your body, They become part of you and if thats not realised then I can see how people would be unhappy when gravity takes over. woooh That was a ramble n a half Sorry every one who bothered to read it,

Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

4,224 posts

Posted:
true again ... maybe I am just vain after all

Page: