Forums > Social Chat > Ideas needed for 30th Birthday present

Login/Join to Participate

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
My boyfriends 30th birthday is in a month and I'm looking for a special pressie that won't break the bank. I had hoped to spend a £100max but as its a special birthday I could flex the old credit card up to £150. He mentioned a while back that he'd like to learn Didjeridoo - I checked one online site but out of my price range Think it'd be possible for me me to get a didge / nice little guitar new or second hand with the cash I have to spend?

Of course I know that the more money you have to spend on instruments the better the quality (in most cases) but I don't have the moula so a heads up from people who know something about instruments appreciated.

He does play staff - in the event that my boss suddenly decides to give me a huge payrise / I win the lotto/ a greataunt I never knew about collapses and leaves me loads of moula in her will - how much would aerotech staff set me back?

Guys - what would you consider a wicked 30th birthday pressie?
Idea's please!!!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
something like a music instrument or really good toy would be perfect cos they're the kind of things us lads use/treasure most.... wink Can't be much more of a help but good luck with deciding! hug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
how about a really nice picture, a nice wall picture, you know somthing ath you dont see all teh time?

i have found some realy nice ones at Athena

i was looking in my local store on sat and they had some lovely prints of nice sences and then they had continued the print onto teh frame in pain and made it into one big piture...ubblove

i have found some really lovely stuff in this shop, in fact i bought a special frame for a pic of me and sophie taht has a picture at the front tah slides apart to show a 2nd one!

love you lady narr kiss

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
You can get a didge way cheaper than £100 pounds which will be perfect for learning with (aparently I am told this as I don't play myself...can't do the cirular breathing thing)

Try here if you haven't already or perhaps here aswell.

I'm with dubb on the instrument thing, boys like them!! Does he play anything already? Guitar's are hard to come by for £100 if it's real good 30th bday quality you're looking for. Although if you hunt around the shops you'll able to find one and remember the little music shops are always good for bartering the price down a bit.

How about one of those away day things you get? Like going rally-driving or drive a ferrari, or a parachute jump or white water rafting. They're less than £150 and he deffinately won't forget plus you'll have a whole day out doing stuff!!

You could always just buy a bow and wrap yourself up for him wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

-TeenWolf-member
42 posts

Posted:
You could always get him a nice, second hand guitar.
I bought mine second hand it it's awesome, sounds great, practically plays itself. It's so incredibly nice too. I spent 200 bucks on it, and the case as a deal, so that's like 50 dollars left in your cash. where I'm canadian and all.
Or you could always get him some "special" Lengere wink ubblol

good luck finding something!!!

"By the pricking of my thumbs
Something wicked this way comes"
-Macbeth Act4 Scene1

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Quote:

you could always get him some "special" Lengere

I'm sure he'll look lovely in it too wink