Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > .:*Warm Fuzzy Winter MoonFests*:. Brisbane Aus.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:

Winter Moon Letter 2004

Hey fluffy-giggle-pops!*:.

Brrrrrrrrr…. There’s a bit of a chill brewing in the air*:. …So it must be time for our Warm Fuzzy Winter Moon Fests! hug Get out all your warm things, and fuzzy wuzzy winter woolies ‘cause there’s still loads of fun things to do this season!*:.

Warm Fuzzy Moonfest Dates…..:*
*:. Thursday 3rd June (moon in Sagittarius)
*:. Friday 2nd July (moon in Capricorn)
*:. Sunday 1st August (moon in Aquarius)
*:. Monday 30th August (moon in Pisces)

…. And don’t forget SUNfest in the afternoon prior to each moonfest at the moonfest sight, Moora Park (lower level) Shorncliffe foreshore… Bring your drums, twirling weavesmiley and juggling gear juggle, day play toys and picnic lunch/dinner*:.

Events over Winter…..:*
*:. Medieval Fayre 5th & 6th June Musgrave Park South Brisbane
*:. Winter solstice is 21st June so keep your eyes and ears open for Gatherings or create your own!J)
*:. Medieval Fayre at the Abbey 10th & 11th July
*:. Valley Fiesta 10th & 11th July Brunswick St Mall, the Valley, Brisbane
*:. Mackay Festival of Arts 17th 18th July
*:. European Juggling Convention juggle (for those of you reading this on the other side of the planet) 25th July ‘till 1st August www.ejc2004.org …have some fun for me too*:.
*:. Spiral Dance * Creative Dance Classes with Alice Owen …Sandgate Community Centre, 153 Rainbow St, Sandgate …starts 24th May for 5 weeks
1. move & groove - creative dance for adults with disabilities…Mon 10:30-12:00 $10 or $45 for 5 weeks in advance (please book & you may need a support person for maximum benefit)
2. spiral dance - for adults of all ages…Tuesdays 7-8:30pm…$12/10 of $55 for 5 weeks in advance
3. the magic of movement - creative dance for kids… Wednesdays 3:30-4:30pm…$8 or $35 for 5 weeks in advance
contact 0412 451 514 or 3869 0297
aliceowen@optusnet.com.au

Well that should keep us all busy and warm over winter*:.

Wasn’t the last moonfest just magical?*:. A lot smaller crowd with so many luscious beautiful people… It felt cozy… such a lovely friendly vibe.. We did a simple fire interpretation of the dragon eating the moon for the lunar eclipse… though most of us piked before the actual eclipse at sunrise… Did anyone sick around or get up early for it? I’d love to see some photos posted on the moonfest groups photo gallery*:. https://groups.msn.com/moonfest/shoebox.msnw

A huge thanks to Café on the Park for staying open for us to midnight feast.:*

See you soon all rugged up and warm for the next fest*:.
Loads of huggles and fluffy stuff.:*
Love Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

grouphug

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

- cat -member
48 posts

Posted:
wooot woooooooot YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!1

And I have full movement back in my legs for this one!!! I hope the seal is also more able bodied currently than when I saw him last.

Elke thank you for the update of listings of stuff coming up.. I knew those things were but the when had evaded me so far...

I have exams coming up..so if not this one then most definitely the next...

and I have a whole delicious month off coming up so am sooooo ready to play!!! I miss everyone!!!

yeeehar!!!!

clap bounce devil grouphug sunny kiss hug

prolly too many "!!!!!!"s there smile *falls off her chair*

3,492 posts

Posted:
clap Glad to hear your legs're all better smile hug smile and ready to play!*:. weavesmiley ubbrollsmile juggle ubbrollsmile weavesmiley

bounce bounce2 grouphug bounce2 bounce

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
frown Miss you guys

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

3,492 posts

Posted:
Chin up Pukko!*:. We miss you too

Have a hug hug and some pixie sprinkles*:. ubbrollsmile

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
wavehello

so what time will sunfest start? i know u said afternoon - but the afternoon gets real dark so early now!!! wink

i should be able to come...i just have to remind a coworker that we're swapping shifts!! hehe! i really really hope he's remembered! (& is still willing to swap!)

see you thursday i hope!!

ubbtickled

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

3,492 posts

Posted:
it starts when you get there!*:. smile

weavesmiley juggle weavesmiley

grouphug

meditate

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
yay! i reminded my coworker of our swap & he's still happy to do it!! yay! i can come to moonfest!! i'll be the one with 7 blankets, 4 jackets, 3 jumpers and a thermos of something hot!!! wink (i am such a wuss! ubbrollsmile )

weavesmiley

3,492 posts

Posted:
*:.

So I went for a walk down the beach today (moonfest sight) and noticed a huge landscaping developement right smack where we usually gather for moonfest and set up the candle cirlce eek ... I asked one of the workers how long they will be working on the sight, and he said for about 26 weeks!!! eek eek eek

ubbidea SO... I'm thinking we should move moonfest to the Beackon (the old warm fuzzy moonfest sight ...only a stones throw away) for the next few months or untill the sight has been cleared. The beackon is just beyond the lower carpark. Just round the bend from the wooden jetty (Shorncliffe or Sandgate Peir on your street map) , there is a metal fire shaped sculpture with a little fire pit in the middle. (Bring along some firewood to keep us extra cozy)
grouphug

Also on my walk this morning I spotted some dolphins in the bay!*:. ubbrollsmile Right in close, between the two jetties! smile One came within a few metres of me and then swam back out and got lost in the beautiful sparkling, calm blue water.:* It's just lovely down there at the moment. The weather is just magic! So if you get a chance to come down early in the day at high tide ( I think around 10/11am) you might be lucky enough to spot a dolphin or two... or even if not, it's so lusciously peaceful down there, a play weavesmiley & juggle picnic in the park is a perfect warm up to the night's festivities... So come along a little early for sunny SUNfest sunny and bask in the sunshine and blissful atmosphere*:.

See you tomorrow all rugged up and warmfuzzy.:* hug
At the Beakon sight biggrin
Love and Warm Fuzzy Huggles*:. hug
ubblove Elke .:*moonpixie*:.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
aw maaaaaan sounds beaut wish i wasnt where i am ubblove

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
one day bender.. we'll come play moonfest down your neck of the woods.. or maybe you'll venture all the way up here...?

and margita.. .:*gorgeous one*:... there's nothing wussy about being cozy! ..so rug up & we'll see you there ..mmmwwah*

see all you Brisbane-ites (oh and travel-all-the-way-up-from-the-Gold-coast-ites) tomorrow..

love & huggles til then .:*

3,492 posts

Posted:
see you soon lovely ones!*:.I'm heading down pretty soon for some hopeful dolphin watching!*:. smile

grouphug

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
gorgeous...

love you all .:*:.

OzE_QTBRONZE Member
64 posts

Posted:
It looks like I'm finally going to make it up to a moonfest! biggrin weavesmiley
Is it still on for Friday July 2nd? I hope so! I'm coming up from Coffs Harbour for the weekend.

Hopefully I'll see lots of you lovely twirly people there! smile weavesmiley

3,492 posts

Posted:
Oh yay! ubbrollsmile

Yep... still Friday 2nd July biggrin

See ya then smile

3,492 posts

Posted:
and looks like we'll have to make it at the beakon again (landscaping construction still in progress at the usual moonfest sight)

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
hey lovely ladies....any chance of bringing out those wonderful fire skipping ropes this moonfest?????? ubblove

(why don't we have a graemlin that bats its eyes in a puppydog begging kinda way!??)

3,492 posts

Posted:
ummmmmmmm....maybe smile

Moonfest tomorrow lovelies...so hopefully I'll see your gorgeous faces then???

biggrin hug ubbrollsmile smile rolleyes ubbloco ubbangel eek ubblol peace angel bounce ubbtickled ubblove

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
we will be there!!!!!!in kombi car!!
yayayayayayayay
and we will have a bovril monkey with us
yayayayayayay...

oh. hang on I think I have to work really early like the next day.
hmmmmm
damn work!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
im gunna come anyway

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrinYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY biggrin
You have no idea how big my smile is right now! yay!

... but if you have to stay home and sleep for workiness I'll understand hug

Oooh oooh if you are coming tomorrow...maybe I'll make you those kombi treasures I've been thinking about biggrin

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
arargahghgshgdhgdhjsjhg ***THUMP**

(picks self up off floor)

KOMBI TREASURES?!!!!!?!?!?!!?!?

guess what pixie?

arsn bought you a pressie yesterday!

3,492 posts

Posted:
biggrin eek biggrin REALLY???? what is it? ubbidea .... is it that tutu wearing sabatoothed Hippopotamus I've had my eye on? biggrin He really shouldn't have wink

editted 'cause i can't spell Hippopotamus ubbloco
EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1088662288)

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
rolleyes I can't take you two anywhere...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
so it seems that tomorrow's moonfest is shaping up to be quite big and lovely!!! YAY!!! biggrin

i've even managed to convince some partially-fiery friends (they've tried a couple times and like it...but probably won't really get into it! umm)

i'll be there nice & early! wanna have a play in the sunny!! i'm sure that'll help my cold!! hehehe ubblol

see you all tomorrow!!! biggrin

3,492 posts

Posted:
It was a lovely one ubblove

So many lovely gorgeous people grouphug

... and even though I was a little bit tierd for being a bootiful butterfwy the next day... the balloon wings that lovely kristyvalurachickenfairy made me carried me through!!! biggrin and the balloon flower that Bov made me helped my non-kombi van feel a little more the part along side Mogwai the green kombi biggrin

And I'm thinking of renaming Tenderheart as SootyMcSootface the fire swirwin carebear!!! biggrin ubblol biggrin

Thanks for all the treasures you sweet souls!!!

angel angelblue angel2
EDITED_BY: .:* Moon Pixie *:. (1089782802)

1,903 posts

Posted:
Mogwai misses your bootifull white van-a-mis... and we all miss the bootifull pixie-a-mis... don't ask what "a-mis" means... cos I have no idea-a-mis??? rolleyes

3,492 posts

Posted:
The pixiemobile misses mogwai too hug (are we siriously talking about cars missing eachother??? hehehe ubbloco) I miss you guys toooooooooo!*:. can we play soon? smile I'm still going to make you guys kombi treasures you know biggrin and it's only four days 'till a cirtain chicken fairy's birthday!!! bounce bounce2 bounce

1,903 posts

Posted:
oh I know... tis excitabubble tis is... bounce2

3,492 posts

Posted:
ppppssssssst arsn.... shall we surprize chicken....? with some fun birthday fun???

3,492 posts

Posted:
HA! Arsn, your birthday will be only a few days after the next moonfest! More lovely one's birthdays! I'll cook a cake! smile*:.

Page: