Forums > Social Discussion > Why I hate some forms of liberalisim

Login/Join to Participate

Burzarukaenthusiast
233 posts

Posted:
Warning, this is extreemly nasty stuff and I really dont reccomend you reading it unless you really want to.

Art. It is a liberal thing. Music, paintings, sculptures, poetry... they can be used both for right wing and left wing purposes. But in a sence it is still a liberal thing.

Preforming art, the theater, movies (though some would argue that), poi... all can be considerd liberal in the same sence. There is nothing wrong with that. I applaude anyone who would wish to create a thing of beauty.

However... what I read today in the the ninth chapter (the only one I have read) in Michael Savage's Enimy Within, made me nausiated and almost vomit.

Quote:

On January 25, 2000 a 24-year old student of darkness dreamed up and preformed what must be the vilest disply of perfomance art on a college campus in theis century.
According to several published reports, he told ihs unsuspecting classmates he needed a volunteer for his class project, something he called Art Piece No. 1 . He got one. This "artist" led the male suject to an empty room where he handed the volunteer a consent form to sign before they proceeded.
The volunteer was not provided any details of what he was about to do in the name of art. The consent form only indicated the performance art might contain acts "including and up to a sexual or violent nature." If he still wanted to participate, he had to sign a release waiving all rights to sue afterwards...

...Signature in hand, the artist led his volunteer, his class of about twenty students and his art professor to a public area on the SFAI (San Fransisco Art Institute) campus. What happend next was preformed on an open-air stage for the benefit of his peers and whoever strolled by. In what is nothing short of a dereliction of duty, the professor stood by as the following events unfolded.
This degenerate who, incidentally, had a scholarship to SFAI later described what happend this way: "He was tied up. He had a blindfold and a gag, but he could see and talk through it. He had freedom of movement of his pelvis. I engaged in oral sex with him and he engaged in oral sex with me. I had given him an enema, and I had taken a sh- and stuffed it in his a-. That goes on, he sh-s all over me , I sh- in him. There was a security guard present. There was an instructor from the school present. It was videoed, and the piece was over."

All this was done in the name of art. If you want my opinion on this, this is what happens when you dont have any sence of right and wrong. If you want to know what the world would be like without religion... I submit this to you. I would rather die than have that done to me or witness this and do nothing.

Since I know someone will have some comments about my souce I did my own research. He isnt the only person to condem such "art".

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/630028/posts

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
ubblol

i'd have laughed if i saw it

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
heh. So you think it's impossible to have morals and ethics without religion?

Gee, why aren't all those athiests that are extreamly numerous out crapping (sorry I thought it would censor this like it usually does) in each others mouths and giving each other enemas at the city park in broad day light?

Also, I suggest you read some ayn rand if you want to know how we can have a moral and ethical world without religion.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
That's not liberalism. That's sexual assault, among other things.

I think it's outrageous that you would even equate this with liberalism.

Know what, Burz? I think that because you're a Conservative, you are DIRECTLY responsible for Nazism.

I mean, fair's fair. rolleyes

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
Quote:

That's not liberalism. That's sexual assault, among other things.

I think it's outrageous that you would even equate this with liberalism.

Know what, Burz? I think that because you're a Conservative, you are DIRECTLY responsible for Nazism.

I mean, fair's fair. rolleyes

Actually conservatism is right on the spectrum, fascism is UP. Sorry it just bugs me when people use a 2d political spectrum.

Also the liberalism thing im not addressing.. the whole connection your trying to make here is a bit to bizarre for me to grasp.

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
some people (mainly germans and japanese hahahaha only joking) pay good money for that sort of experience biggrin

Burzarukaenthusiast
233 posts

Posted:
I wouldnt venture that I am a conservitive.

But I'll play your game. If this isnt liberalisim, then why would it be allowed? Why would a school known for turning out liberal acts, similer to this, (read chapter 9 it also talks about a woman who stripped naked and painted herself with chocolate and charged the audiance $20 to lick it off her) who supports and allows acts like these to take place not be considerd liberal?

In the 2D political spectrum (please tell me what the 3rd D would be) this can be nothing but liberalism. It doesnt fit into conservitisim now does it?

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
uh, I don't think it has anything to do with politics, I was just responding to mike. Liberal arts is not the same of liberal politicial orientation, although I think the two often accompany one another.

Theres diffrent meanings of the word, like most.

Main Entry: 1lib·er·al
Pronunciation: 'li-b(&-)r&l
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Latin liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, from liber free; perhaps akin to Old English lEodan to grow, Greek eleutheros free
1 a : of, relating to, or based on the liberal arts b archaic : of or befitting a man of free birth
2 a : marked by generosity : OPENHANDED b : given or provided in a generous and openhanded way c : AMPLE, FULL
3 obsolete : lacking moral restraint : LICENTIOUS
4 : not literal or strict : LOOSE

5 : BROAD-MINDED; especially : not bound by authoritarianism, orthodoxy, or traditional forms
6 a : of, favoring, or based upon the principles of liberalism b capitalized : of or constituting a political party advocating or associated with the principles of political liberalism; especially : of or constituting a political party in the United Kingdom associated with ideals of individual especially economic freedom, greater individual participation in government, and constitutional, political, and administrative reforms designed to secure these objectives

also, I was technically wrong about saying one spectrum was 2d and one 3d, it's actually the archaic left and right spectrum is one dimensional, and This one is 2d.

Burzarukaenthusiast
233 posts

Posted:
Hold on to your butts!

Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.97

I'm a lefty. wink

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Also the liberalism thing im not addressing.. the whole connection your trying to make here is a bit to bizarre for me to grasp.

Yeah, it wasn't so much a leap of logic as it was outright teleportation.

You should patent that, Burz. rolleyes

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Burzarukaenthusiast
233 posts

Posted:
The cunning wit of the formally educated.

Burzarukaenthusiast
233 posts

Posted:
There was no consent to have someone relieve themselves of sold waste. The form was so vauge it could have meant anything. It is disgusting and not art. Taste or no taste.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'm more interested in what happened afterwards. Did the "participant" complain? Either officially or not, or can we take it that as he returned the oral sex he consented both before and during? It says he could talk, did he complain during the performance? Maybe he's as open minded as the artist and simply didn't mind. Some folk are actually into all this, it could have been a great day for him at college getting poo'd on! wink

I agree that it is a matter of taste, the taste of the performer and the participant. If someone doesn't like it then they don't watch it I guess. If the participant complains justly then so be it, then it has been offensive to him, otherwise it's not really an issue....is it?

The other folk who complained, were they anything to do with it or just other people who want to stick their noses in and push their ethics/personal taste onto others?

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
These were some of my favourite quotes....

"yeehaw!!! "

*fires pistols in the air*

Quote:

What else would you expect from the heart of ACLU Liberal/Libertarian attitudes and the home of the "medical marijuana" movement.

Person on pot quote of the year from the pot mecca called San Francisco,

Another man, Patrick Hughes(a "medical marijuana "patient") circled around the police squad units -- sent as backup -- intermittently standing up and raising his arms in the air. "I have brain damage," he said. "I can stand up, but I can't walk."

Hughes said he smokes marijuana morning, noon and night to ease the pain.

ubblol

Quote:

"Where else but(t) in San Francisco could a turd be considered both a Mona Lisa AND an hor d'oerve?"

ubblol

Quote:

"And I thought Picasso's work was cr@p

EDITED_BY: DeepSoulSheep (1085139476)

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
before i post this, i have to point out that i agrre with most of you - that liberal art has nothing really to do with politics, however, i just took the political compass test from [Old link] , and noticed that one of the questions was

Quote:

Abstract art that doesn't represent anything shouldn't be considered art at all.

which is interesting in a quiz about politics.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
mike patton once said this about poo:

Quote:

It's cold and it's
Smooth and it's
A hard shade of white