Forums > Social Chat > Is there any hope left?

Login/Join to Participate

munchkinmember
15 posts

Posted:
I would just like to put it to the jury "Do you think that there is a single shred of decency left in Humanity" cos as far as I am concerned everyone just seems to turn to s*i* sooner or later.
You can't take anyone for face value anymore you have to be suspicious of everyone and when you think that you have found special people they stay special for a while and then they just turn out to be even worse than those you despise cos they have led you to believe that they care when in fact all they care about is themselves!
Is this just the way of evolution because if it is then I sympathise with all the children of the world who have to carry on with the nightmare that we and our ancestors have created for them
And if there is a God then he is one sick individual!

Live with the world as you wish it to live with you!

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
yeah munchkin, i know exactly how you feel... i feel like thata every time i see how horrible ppl can get to other humans, i don't get why we can't all chill out and have a nice time. today i watched the news and it was really depressing, everybody was fighting, mostly over stupid stuff (football...) an i just can't get it. every time i set on the tv i can't believe we've got so far, that we're destroying our earth and ourselves like this, just because we (they?) don't know how to solve problems without violence. that's the times when i just want to go to an island with my friends (or alone?)and live a happy life outside this strange and crazy world, just living in peace. mostly i try not to get too touched by those things, i just go on doing my thing, and if i'm able to help somebody, i'll do it, but as long as everybody tries to solve everything with violence, i'm not even going to try...
sad, but that's how i see it
BUT even if i said those things, i still like to think that this world is beautiful, you just have to try and look over violent ppl, even if it's difficult...
peace
SaBBaS

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
wow, some heavy words you got there.

me personally, I believe that there is decency left in humanity. its not in everybody, the majority of people dont have much if any at all. I've found about 4 people that I feel are truly good people.

and as far as people being concerned with themselves, that is human nature. when we still were at the level of beasts survival was the main concern. if you didn't look out for yourself then you would die.

of course in society today it goes far beyond survival. the media, government and society instills alot of social progamming within us, by playing off of our instict for survival. by todays standards, "survival" involves two cars, a house, wife/husband, kids, a steady job, and cable television.

but there still are those that reach beyond themselves and do all that they can to help others. take mother teresa for example. right there is enough dignity for about 5 people.

when you cannot find trust in humanity, look within yourself and create the trust that you feel you have lost. take it with you at all times, and spread it to everybody. even if people do not change, you can know in yourself that you are a better person.

god does not change how people are, only allows them to be as they may

sodium

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Why does every one blame god for the bad things? I would think that it would be satan making the world a more f*cked up place rather than God. Maybe thats just me.

As a whole, yes I agree that humanity does suck. We are a horrible plauge on the face of the earth. But on a personal level the best way to attract trustworthy people is to be trustworthy yourself. Change only comes from within. the best thing that people can do for the world is to be good people. And I mean honestly good people, as there are a whole lot of people out there that pretend to be good or have themselves fooled one way or another that they are good, but really it's just a mask that they use to hide from their insecurities and whatnot.

It helps to just take things as what they are, and not try to make things out to be something they're not. My quality of life improved a hundred times when I started doing that. If someone is a twit, then they're just a twit and not worth my time. And when I meet someone whom I think has something to offer then I just enjoy the time together. When they decide (or I decide) that it's time for them to leave my life I accept it and move on, remembering the good times. It's a hard thing to do at first, but so worth it when you arrive.

Cheers,
Sick

Jesus helps me trick people.

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Very wise words Masterna and Sick Puppy. Not sure I could say anything much better but I'll still try.

You do have to accept people as they are - not good or evil. Just let them be and don't make them prove to you the goodness/badness of humanity because its just not fair.

When I feel like the whole world's gone to sh*t, I can take solace in the fact that in general, I try to do what I can to help others and take the paths that I think are most right. I also try to reflect other people's light back to them so that they can know that there is goodness in them.

We all possess the capacity for tremendous amounts of good and evil. Its knowing that and making the choice to do good - not out of fear of retaliation for doing bad, but genuinely, wholeheartedly choosing to do good again and again that makes a difference in the world. Don't give up on humanity, it's too rich and amazing a thing to be described by simple, one-sided words like "good" and "bad".

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

SofaChrome9member
14 posts

Posted:
Hey, heres the deal:

YOU ARE BORN. thats the only part you really dont have any control over.

AFTER THAT - you build your life not as a product of the environment you are placed in, but AS A REACTION TO THAT ENVIRONMENT.

the pessimist says your life sucks
the optimist says it could get better
the realist says its your own fault it sucks and if you dont do something to change it your gonna stay where you are at now.

God is important, but you cant blame him for ANYTHING that happenned to you except that YOU EXIST and continue to exist. thats it. theres going to be a test on this later. hope you're taking notes.

If you want to be surounded with great people, first you must surround yourself with great people (yes, i know what i just said). You have to seek THEM out. They're not going to just come searching for you, you have to find them. Then after you have a few GOOD people around it will drive away the bad people and will in turn attract MORE GOOD PEOPLE (kinda like churches do, only more personal).

Remember, you attract people based on the kind of person you have chosen to become, not the person you WISH you were instead.

Okay, i'm gonna stop now, my head hurts. Peace be with you all.

I am the Eternal Spectator. I decide what i watch.

munchkinmember
15 posts

Posted:
OK I hear what you are all saying and yes to some extent I agree that our lives are in our own hands and we control our destiny but you have to admit that you get sick of the continual ratio of 1 good thing to 10 bad things and always saying "lets hope that things will turn out ok in the end".
And I am tired of looking for special people that are 100% trustworthy I have been doing it all my life and every time they end up hurting me or going away. Is it too much to ask to be able to trust someone I mean really trust them and know that whatever happens that they will never do wrong by you?
If any of you have had just one friend who you have never doubted then I will take everything back but I emphasize the point "NEVER" not even for a split second.. I think that if you are being true to yourself then you will know that this is very hard to answer truthfully.
Have a think about it and get back to me if you can give me any hope in humanity I would deeply appreciate it!

Live with the world as you wish it to live with you!

frodusmember
92 posts

Posted:
government controls all we do, see

we control nothing

we are slaves

we will die

Peace,Travis IM: frodus17

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
There is always Hope

Yes there may be alot of yuck in this world but there's a whole lot of love and beauty aswell... and good people doing good things... even if it's just to smile as your walking down the street... A smile can often cheer up the grimmest face.

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
I have met people that I never doubted, who will never wrong me. but before people can be trusted, you have to trust them. if you never trust in someone they will end up thinking that they cannot be trusted. its the same as telling a child as they grow up that they will amount to nothing. if you give someone a label they will probably form themselves as the label says. this is not to say everyone you try to trust won't screw you, but you will end up finding more that you can trust.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
and sometimes trusting people is includes knowing what yuo can't trust them to do, some people can't take certain things, and it's not fair to ask it of them.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

SofaChrome9member
14 posts

Posted:
Its a proven fact thats been researched on many occasions, so dont complain to me if you fall in this catagory:

People who EXPECT good things to happen in their life have more good things happen in their life,
whereas people who expect bad things to happen in their life have more bad things happen in their life.

-Me

thats the way it is. Read "how to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie. Hes dead, but he's still right.

I am the Eternal Spectator. I decide what i watch.

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
This business of trusting other people 100% is just asking for dissapointment, not to mention that it's a bit selfish too.

Everyone has different motivations and priorities, everyone has different personalities and a different past, and just because something is a priority for you doesn't mean it's a priority for the other person, no matter how alike you are, how aligned in tastes, desires, and planning for a shared future you are.

I have a friend who talks a bit like you when it comes to trusting people, munchkin. Friends would let him down, sometimes intentionally, generally unintentionally. Once they'd let him down, that was it, he would never let them back in.

I used to get so angry with him - although I was the one friend he had who had never let him down (and I would go to great lengths not to) it was inevitable that I would let him down one day, and then what would happen to our friendship? The thought scared me. I used to ask him that, and tell him that the thought of losing his friendship that way made me angry and sad and scared because sooner or later I knew I would let him down. Gradually he came to realise that his expectations of me were too high and we've had 10 years of close friendship and will (touch wood) have many more years of close friendship.

Come to think of it, I might email him right now!