Forums > Social Discussion > as if my year wasn't [censored] enough already

Login/Join to Participate

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
well

sorry to rant on you all, but i figure this way i might get a response (blogging really isn't good for that!) or even one of those hugs you hoppers are famous for!!

i just found out my ex is moving to melbourne. woohoo some of you may say. but i was with this guy for four years. the day before it was four years and one month, he broke up with me. not exactly sure why. i don't want to ask. it still hurts too much. this only happened in february. and if it wasn't bleeding obvious, i'm still in love with him. and he is one of my only friends here in brisvegas. the only one i speak to regularly (on msn).

why is this still making my year censored, you ask? well i am counting the year as starting in may last year (therefore it's a year to now)

june - my final exams for my degree...and my mum's mum dies of heart attack/stroke complications

september - my dad's mum dies from dementia

october - i go to a dietician cos i'm getting too big - discover i'm a lot bigger than i thought i was

december - first christmas without grandmothers

january - first birthday without grandmothers. my grandfather (dad's dad - my last grandparent, who's also showing early signs of alzheimer's) signs my birthday card 'uncle russell'

february - bf of four years breaks my heart

april - still no job with that degree i finished

may - discover servo i work at is being taken over by new company - so we are all sacked as of june

today - read article on hop thread about mother being charged for son's suicide - felt shocked and extremely saddened. and then ex-bf of four years tells me he's moving to melbourne.

i may just go wallow in self pity for a while. i'll come back eventually. curling up in a ball just seems very attractive right now. so glad i don't have to work tomorrow. smiling and being nice to customers just would not be good right now.

meditate

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
thankyou!

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughughug

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
things can only get better. I know it's easier said than done but try to remain positive whenever you can, be it the smallest or largest thing. There's a lot of good in your life I'm sure, if you can find it you will find some contentment.

In the mean time have some more of these hug hug2

Let's relight this forum ubblove

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
I went through all the hassle to scroll aaaaaallll the way to the side to give these to ya!

hughughughughughughug

grouphuggrouphuggrouphuggrouphug

Take care!!!! hug

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:

eh... disabled image code is more then a bit annoying.

https://www.vegalleries.com/pooh/hug.jpeg

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
well that sucks, but you will get through it, remember that death and trials are important because they help u change and see the bigger picture, try to be hopeful, remember you can always find hugs here when you need them hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug>>>>>>much luv

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I have sent you a pm. hug

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I sent a PM, too.

Non-Https Image Link

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
hi all

thanx for all ur hugs and pms!!! i am feeling much better today. it all just seemed to pile up on me yesterday & my ex's news was the final straw i guess.

u guys rock! ubblove thanx for making me feel heaps better about it all. i was very negative last night, and ur hugs & comments made me smile again!! thankx

hug

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
see you can tell we really care and feel your pain cos no-one been a dick and asked you to fix the width of the page *for the record i'm not either

have lots of these and i think a spiral hug is in order
everyone line up
hold hands margita on the end now
kay now hunni start rolling us up...
now we got a MONDo hug round you pet we're all here
hugging you
glad your feeling better this is to help that eensy bit more...

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

trollmember
6 posts

Posted:
hoi,

first of all: big hug hug and lots of good vibes coming yer way peace

i kinda know some of the things yer going through, since i had a fairly lousy year to:
-my girl friend with whom i had a relationship for 4 years left me
-my best friend (since childhood) died of cancer at 25 years old
-i do not have a job and i screwed up the first half of my schoolyear due to the two things above

but to give you some hope and advice:
try not to stick to much to the past, in concreto: i have found that it's better to try and be open to new friends and new relationships as soon as possible (it took me a half year) for six months i hoped that things would improve between me and my ex, still calling her, still making dates, still hoping. It is only after i realised that the reason for breaking up was still there, and started to be open to new people that i found the first rays of happiness in my life, i have found new friends and a new love (troll sighs and melts away)i still think alot of my friend who died, but i know he would be mad at me for not trying to see things in a positive way and living in the past.

off course this will not be easy and sometimes things get to much, but
i hope that you get to know a lot of interesting, loving people soon, and you 'll find happiness again soon enough

dunno if the above makes any sense to you, you can take the advice or just ignore it, anyway,

peace

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug
hug hug hug hug hug
hug hug hug hug hug
hug hug hug hug hug
hug hug hug hug hug
hug hug hug hug hug

Things will get better....over time, the pain will lessen.

I know it's hard now, though there are lessons to be learned. Take from these experiences what you can, and grow from them. Don't dwell in the past, though.

I had a horrid year, last year, with more than my share of sorrow and grief, so I know it's easier said than done, but try..

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Glad you're feeling better have lots of hugs hug hug hug

It sucks when it piles up but bad things have a really pants tendancy to do that frown

smile smile Keep smiling smile smile

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
hi folks

once again thanx for the hugs and pms!!!

gotta send hug hug hug back to troll - sounds like you've had a rough year too!!

thanx to kit for the megahug!! i'd like to see a bunch of people do that - how fun!! hehe biggrin and about the unbelievably wide page - not my fault! i swear it didn't do that when i first posted!! i have no idea how to fis it either! it's annoying...if i could fix it i would - apologies!! rolleyes

weavesmiley

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
Patrick is actually the one to make the page really wide (well it still fits on my screen in the resolution I use)

all his smilies stretched it out.

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Things can get better if you want them to

Dropbears

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk