TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
I'm really sad today... frown frown frown frown frown
the radio station I listen to, 97X (you may know it from the movie Rainman) went off the air yesterday. It's an independant station that has been playing modern rock for the past twenty years, and it was one of the few good stations left in the country not owned by ClearChannel. They were talking about doing a streaming broadcast on the internet, but they couldn't get the sponsorship. If anyone knows of any good modern/alternative rock type stations that broadcast over the web, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know where-how am I gonna find out about new music now?
(you could PM me so Kaji doesn't get mad at it for being another music thread!!! wink)

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
That Sucks real bad! redface

I have been into that station for a while as well.
Have you ever heard of Spearhead? ubblove
Michael Franti and Spearhead have a Great album called " Stay Human." ubblove Its all about a similar situation with Independent Radio Stations being shut down. It also has a story line about a corrupt gov. prossicuting a Sister Fatema for a crime she never commited, (just to gain popularity in the polls). The music is also some of my all-time favorites!!!! biggrin Great spinning tracks as well... Check it out!! You will love it, Im sure!!! wink

We need more Independent Radio!!! Everything elts is just poop, and played over and over again. Pluss the Govenment loves to trick us into all sorts of brain-washed ideas through Telivision and Radio!!! wink

Cuz you know "... Telivision is the Drug of the Nation, Satilight is imaculet reseption, Beamin in, They can look and They can listen, So you see, don't believe in the System... To obay, you will give Them your freedome, you want Rights, ask them to read em. Cuz Every Box got the right to be Boomin', and Every flowers got a right to be blooming... Stay human!" ~ Michael Franti cool

Rock the Nation,
~Fire spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
lol this kind of music thread is ok. It's about a radio station going off the air not an other "I like to spin to these bands thread"

biggrin Peace

PS I know of an Alt Rock station that web casts I'll see if I can find it again.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
Bump ubbrollsmile

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

TrillianBRONZE Member
319 posts

Posted:
Thanks, Fire Spirit-I looked at the Spearhead website, but "Stay Human" wasn't on there...maybe I can find the CD some where.
Kaji, found that site yet?
I keep going to turn the radio on, but then I realize it isn't worth it because it's all crap now. It's quite upsetting. frown

FireSpiritSILVER Member
743 posts

Posted:
I would just look up "Stay Human" in a google search. I thik you'll like it! wink

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

TrillianBRONZE Member
319 posts

Posted:
97X is BACK ONLINE!!!!! Hooray! The former owners, who kept all of their music library when they sold the station, got funding from some anonymous donors, and are now doing a streaming broadcast online again, starting about three weeks ago. If anyone is interested in listening to an extremely diverse and good quality modern rock station, check out this site Cheers to music lovers with money to burn!