erikaMishBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
since i learned poi, i would spin anything that can be spun... like grocery bags, keys, towel, whatever... and i'm sure this is the case for most of you wink
we're always wondering "hey, can i spin this?" and usually... yes, we can.. anything with a little weight on it!
anyway... today i was in a pet shop and saw these toys for dogs. there were balls and stars and squares on these ropes and they are perfect for poi!!! so i recommend that you go to a the toy section at your local pet store and check it out... some of them don't have strings or ropes, but are still really cool if you put them on a shoe lace or something.
anybody else has ideas for things to spin? weavesmiley

Big AndyBRONZE Member
186 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Originally posted by erikaMish

anyway... today i was in a pet shop....

I was afraid to keep reading, not knowing what items she was referring to at the pet shop.

CAT POI!

ouch.
EDITED_BY: Big Andy (1084564886)

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!"

"Welcome to the U-S-A,
We'll treat you right, unless you're black or gay, or Cherokeeeeee!!"

-Brian Griffin from "Family Guy" (the dog)

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I was afraid to keep reading, not knowing what items she was refering to at the pet shop

CAT POI!

Sorry, I couldn't help but post this.

Room to swing a cat

Meaning: A confined space.

Example: This bedroom doesn't even have enough room to swing a cat.

Origin: This colorful phrase evokes strange images of feline cruelty. In fact it has nothing to do with cats, but the real story is at least as cruel.

The "cat" is a cat-of-nine-tails, a type of whip used to discipline sailors on old sailing ships. The cat-of-nine-tails has one handle to which is attached nine thin strips of leather, each perhaps three feet long. The cat-of-nine-tails would be used to administer lashings that would sting and leave welts on the recipient.

The whippings would take place on the deck, because below deck there was not enough ceiling height to swing a cat-of-nine-tails.

Interestingly, the Disney cartoon character Mickey Mouse once gave a graphic illustration with some comic relief to this phrase. In the 1920's "Steamboat Willie" was release as Mickey Mouse's first cartoon. There is a scene in the cartoon in which Mickey is on a boat. He proceeds to pick up a cat and swing it around by the tail. Apparently this particular boat had enough room to swing a cat.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I prefer what it sounds like over the real meaning smile

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Hainseymember
18 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Quote:

Originally posted by erikaMish
anyway... today i was in a pet shop....

I was afraid to keep reading, not knowing what items she was referring to at the pet shop.

CAT POI!

ouch.

O o i got one POI CARP! he he he ahhhh ubblol

When I die bury me upside down....then the world can kiss my ASS!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I take it then that you didn't see this thread on the old board.....

Meh