Forums > Social Chat > for those who are interested...an update

Login/Join to Participate

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
so yes i've been sporadically present on the boards lately, and i know there are a few of you who were wondering where i am and what i've been up to. so for an update....

things here have been quite hectic and draining. we're down a therapist at work, and the other intern was out for about 2 or 3 weeks due to a death in the family. so that meant the rest of us got to pick up the slack. and since i'm bottom of the totem pole, i got dumped on a lot. it kept me busy at least and got my hours up, but it was draining nonetheless. i was sick for about 4-5 weeks (still working though). a simple cold ended up turning to bronchitis because i didn't have time to rest. work is now starting to slow down as the semester is ending and we are starting our summer season. so the good news (or perhaps bad?) is that i'll be around a lot more again.

my car died on me and i spent a good week or so just researching cars and test driving cars and figuring out finances and.....the list goes on. but i am now in a 2004 Honda Civic EX and quite happy with it.

i've started to get connected with the rave community out here and started making friends. the community is exploding right now, and we've got parties and events going on pretty much every weekend. in getting connected with this group, i've also now got involved in 2 projects. the first is a promotion company that's putting on big name headliners every friday night at a local club. each night is a theme night, and i'm helping the promotion company with flyering, decorating, making costumes, attending the event, and possible spinning fire every friday (very nervous but excited about that one). the second project i'm involved in is a rave mentoring program myself and a few other people are creating. we're starting this up to help introduce new kids into the scene safely and respectfully. each mentor is going to have a group of kids under them at various "levels" and is going to help inform and guide them in any way possible. as part of this, we're having workshops in various areas such as learning how to dj, promote, make costumes, spin poi (yes i'll be teaching that one with one or two other people biggrin ), etc. we'll also be doing community service so as to give the rave community a positive image in the larger population. we already have the profits of a few raves going to charity, and we're in the process of planning a project with the children's ward of a local hospital.

there's been a lot going on with my personal life, but i'll spare you the details. in short, there was a death in the family, a major argument between myself and my father, started dating someone new, major financial troubles, and my ex-fiance and i are probably getting back together once i move back.

so sorry to bore you all with the update, but then again if you're reading this you're probably interested. this was much easier than trying to get ahold of everyone individually. i often have my away message up cause otherwise i tend to get bombarded with a minimum 10 IMs, but it doesn't mean i'm not at my computer. usually i'm nearby, and my away message just says whatever it is i'm doing. so don't be afraid to say hello, and if i'm available i will respond.

miss you all much and i'll be talking to you soon hopefully smile

hug kiss and a spank for good measure wink

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Hey Ms pounce lady
Non-Https Image Link
you been very busy!! Glad to have you back around hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
missed you pouncy!!! hug hug hug hug

ubblove

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Wow! you certainly have been busy
hug2 hug kiss hug hug2

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
they should make a soap opera outta your life stories biggrin hug hug hug hug hug

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
biggrin

I'm quite Happy for you, m'dear! Things have been crazy for you, certainly, but I sense lots of good positive things!

Your involvement in the Raver Scene is Awesome! I like the idea of a mentoring program!

hug hug hug hug hug

Glad things seem to be going pretty well for you!!

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

they should make a soap opera outta your life stories biggrin hug hug hug hug hug

lmao.....ya i sometimes feel that! ubblol

i've missed you all very much and wish i had more time in the day. but at the same time it's nice to feel alive again. tiring, but good nonetheless.

i'd love to hear from you all and see how you're doing smile

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Hey Pounce Im still around Denver area, so if there is anything going on thats cool as hell give me a ring...

Sorry about your car and I Hope you are getting better.

hug
~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
hey christian.....there's a rave at the Gothic on saturday but i don't think i'm going unfortunately. but if you're interested, it's $20 i think, and jon bishop, john kelley, ANdrew Innes vs CBR, Hardrive, Sir Thomas, and Nevin are spinning

**giggles**