Page:
_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
WTF! Sorry, I saw this and i'm so censored pissed off right now i can't even think strait. I under stand why it was done, but since when do two wrongs make a right?

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
They won't be executed. They will be court martialed if they're found guilty....what gets me is that those who are in real positions of power might get off...Cambone and Rumsfeld. They are just as accountable as the Brigadier General.

There are 25 deaths that are under investigation. If someone murdered a prisoner, I'm not sure if they'd be subject to execution or not.

VT, the MP's in that prison were in the army, not the marines, according to CNN, and the folks who testified.

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
ahh, ok. sorry for the mis-information.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
well, it seems the middle eastern news agencies are down playing it and some are makeing no mention of it at all. MSNBC

-Albert Einstein-

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
heh, al jazera had it on before american news.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
(aside: I'd just like to congratulate everyone in this discussion for keeping it civil and mature. Keep up the good work guys!)

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
My confusion was on that I thought the the people doing the tortureing where the marines, but yes that was the point i was makeing. When I posted that I was a bit tippsy so I wasn't to clear on it. Like I said, sorry for the mis-info. redface

-Albert Einstein-

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
soapbox

This issue has really got my blood boiling.

If the countries that have gone into iraq to 'liberate' its people, how in gods' name can they justify what they have done?

I dont think you can justifying torturing another human being - ever.

I am very saddened by the humiliation people have had to suffer on both sides of the stupid 'war' - it is not right.

frown frown frown

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
That womans defense that she was ordered seems pretty goofy to me. Why would she be ordered to smile for the camera? It's the crapiest defense ever.

Burzarukaenthusiast
233 posts

Posted:
Passing the buck is the only defence she has.

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
and when it fails like it ultimatly does, she will have dug herself deeper then if she was atleast a little honest.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
spanner & vt:

i don't think i misread - i was very careful and checked that i wasn't jumping to conclusions.

this quote from vt a few posts before the one i quoted is pretty unambiguous i think:

Quote:

That's just it, they don't feel bad. They feel the iraqi's got what they had comeing to them.

'they' refers to the soldiers that abused the iraqi's, as mentioned in robotface's post, that the above quote is a reply to.

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Page: