Forums > Social Chat > The Official Broken Bones Thread

Login/Join to Participate

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Just broke two ribs.... lower left front, two days ago.

I slipped out of the boat and got rammed by a jet ski (water bike). I actually saved myself (mostly) by grabing the water bike with my forearms as it hit me.

And two days befor that I hyperextended my right knee (slightly)

I'm up and walking, painfully.... but it looks like no water sports or jogging or anything physical for a whole...

I hate injuries....on the plus side, non-mobile twirling doesn't seem to be much affected

so, anyways.... here is a list of bones I have broken...

And when I was 15 a cave wall colapsed and crushed my left knee, crutches for 4 weeks... and I can tell when it is about to rain ever since hat happened.

pinky knuckle bone in hand (punched something hard)

second bone middle finger (the hand I write with) blocking a swoprd attack in the wrong place during a correographed sword fight, with an audience ("mearly a flesh wound, I've had worse.. LOL audiance, continue fighting)

broke two ribs from recieving a back spin kick from an olympic blackbelt (play fight, not real)

In summary hand twice, ribs two occations, and one knee....

anybody else want to list their broken bones?

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

KatrinaGOLD Member
enthusiast
352 posts

Posted:
I haven't had any interesting breaks...

couple of fingers from doing stupid things, also fractured the growth plate in my wrist falling on a ramp, and chipped a bone in my thumb.

Never actually broken any bones in my legs but have been on crutches a lot, maximum was pushing 4 months.

might also have tiny cracks to my skull from blacking out in stupid places like at the top of concrete steps....

and then people say I'm accident prone. No idea why!

Hope ur ribs are better soon!

One day i'll learn to resist gravity...

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
Members of I.O.W.A.A.(Inanimate Object Whoop Ass Assosciation) unite! I've broken my right hand twice. once from hitting a very sturdy oak tree and the second time on a wall. I've broken four toes on my right foot (all at once mind you) from kicking a fire hydrant. I've broken my left wrist from hopping a fence and getting my feet caught in the vines growing on the fence. and i have chipped my tail bone from slideing down the front of a van and landing flat on my ass on a piece of limestone.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
I have chipped the bone in my elbow 3 times, broken my nose (well, someone else did, but thats another story!), broken my thumb and it was a hyperextension of my wrist that got me started doing poi!!

biggrin weavesmiley

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

DFZBRONZE Member
Christian Death Metal Anyone?
313 posts

Posted:
i've broken my nose about 7 times, broken 2 ribs and fractured a heap, and i had two chips of bone missing from my knee caps that the doctors could not find out why.

Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?
-- Steven Wright

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
oh yea, I forgot aobut the chips in my elbows, (or whater it is I can feel loose in there )probably from repeated bashings against hard objects (unintentionaly of course)....

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Once i slipped and bruised a pizza.
I almost didn't eat it. smile

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KatrinaGOLD Member
enthusiast
352 posts

Posted:
this evening I almost managed to add fractured wrist to my list but thankfully it's just nastily bruised and strained, still had to sit in A&E for a redicoulousy long time though

One day i'll learn to resist gravity...

Singed Piper (formerly Mark1)resident bagpiper
342 posts

Posted:
broken right arm at the tender age of six (made me a lefty)
broken left leg playing soccer (football)
broken right leg falling down a long flight of stairs
broken pinky from car door, I set it myself
(I have never gotten an accurate diagnosis of a broken bone, I actually told the doctor to show me the x-ray on my last broken leg, and pointed out the break to him... man was he embaressed)

other interesting injuries:
left hand impaled with a dart from a homemade blowgun
shrapnel from a pyrotechnic device
the interesting ability to turn my right foot 180 degrees and walk on it
burns
biking scars
loss of arm hair
slight poisoning from various chemicals my mom didn't clean out properly before turning labware into cooking stuff
eye injury(somethin hit me)
a cronic neck thing from an interersting tendon injury
sprained ankle playing monopoly
bruised ribs from being shot with a potato gun

slainte weavesmiley juggle beerchug

Q:What's the difference between the Great Highland Bagpipes and the Northumbrian Pipes?
A:The Great Highland Pipes burn longer.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I have had 2 broken toes and that's it for broken bones biggrin

Once when i was 5 my toe was broken on purpose by the Dr's because i had an extra bone growing on top of my toe.

And when i was 14 or 15 when i was skatboarding i broke my big toe.

I have been really lucky ubbangel
ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
I have to admit I've been pretty lucky too - one broken toe is about all I can think of.

Oh and I did end up in hospital for a week - on a drip and lots of morphine for falling on a flower pot!! (In my defense it was a big flower pot)!! eek

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
i havnt broken anything ubbangel

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
2 Broken ribs...staff related eek then two broken ribs....pleasure related redface spank

Fingers, toes, ribs (again) and many many more....all judo related ubblol

I'm ya flexable friend that falls apart a LOT

The Bammy one ubbrollsmile

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Hmm.
Broken collar bone.

Dislocated little finger relocated it myself and managed to snap off a chip of bone into the joint. (Falling on slippery rocks)

Nasty rotator cuff injury (from being hit by a car.) only recovered full movement by spinning every day

Scar tissue over the nerve in my elbow. (Doc didn't believe it was there because there was no bruising on the skin, wound up having to grind it out eekusing finger and thumb, scar tissue now at surface)

Compressed my spine falling out of a tree (I was about 1.5" shorter for about a week)

Got kicked in the knee cap with the toe pick on an Ice skate and lost a chip out of it.

Permenant risk of temporomandibular dislocation ie. my jaw has a tendency to dislocate itself if I yawn too widely

So, pretty varied but mostly minor, the really weird thing is that apart from the spine thing, all of my injuries have been on my right hand side on the left nothing. confused

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
oh my, not this again. i must go search the previous threads to remember what all i have broken/sprained/chipped or otherwise injured

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i havnt broken anything ubbangel

neither have i.

ubbrollsmile

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I've taken a lot of damage in my time - mostly in the form of lacerations and tearing up joints - but the only broken bone I've ever had was I once snapped my left pinky toe clean in half between the base joint and first knuckle. to this day (20 years later) it is still about 50% thivker than my right pinky toe is in the same area of the break. I've never seen an x-ray of it actually, so I wonder if it healed with an offset or what?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
broken bone xrays can be traumatising to viddy :eww:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I imagine that was the case for you at least!

how's the rehab coming along?

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I'm shocked that one of the mods haven't come in and shut this down for promoting bone-breaking! wink ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco

N.B. Yes kiddies! Bone-breaking is bad. Especially if drugs or alcohol is involved!
rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
i've never broken a bone ever, so consequently have absolutley no reason to post in this thread.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I've broken
my index finger
my big toe
and mother's pinky smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
No broken bones here, either...my worst injuries have only been falling off a horse and getting hit in the head with a kite and having it glued up!

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
yeah pounce dig up the old injuries thread we had some real nasty scar covered people.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
yea, falling of horses.... I used to fall off at least once a week. or "fly off" is more like it. Never got injured from it. Of course I weighed a lot less back then.

Yea Bender, hows the rehab going? Broken legs suck. hug

I always like looking at X-rays of my injuries. I sometimes ask for a copy to take home. I have a piece of shrapnel in my kneck, I just had to have a copy of that one. It's about the size of a BB, or the bead on my captive bead earrings (which are also visible in the X-Ray smile

I got my chest x-rayed finaly, because it stated popping eek .Turns out there is only one rib cracked, but I have ligaments injured too. Did you know there are joints in your ribs, and ligaments and muscles that conect them, I just found this out? Ligament injuries suck.

Oh heck, I just realized COL5 entries are due in one month, and I don't know if I will be able to film a good entry. I was planning on doing acrobatics, but it looks like that is a "no go" right now frown

If I can get recovered in time....

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Only a really boring 5th right metatarsel from falling off my snowboard. My knuckle points in an interesting direction now though.

I've often figured that, as it's an ambition of mine to have archaeologists reconstruct my face for TV in 500 years or so, then an interesting break somewhere will help my cause.

But I'm too much of a pain wuss to try it out.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
ive got a delightfuly wonky nose that was broken when i was 15. we were playing indoor soccer, and i went to head the ball - someone else went to elbow the ball - despite that being illegal in soccer.... and *CRUNCH*

i had it reset then, but its grown steadily wonky since. oh well... apparently it just gives my face a bit more character....

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I shattered two bones in my right hand when I was a Freshman in college. Fell off my bike wearing my HS class ring, which shattered my proximal philange (or however you spell it) on the small finger of my right hand. And the impact broke the metacarpal.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
a friend of mine once caused me to get a greenstick fracture in my wrist. i had a late night and no sleep but still went to netball at 8.30 the next morning. my friend grabbed my arm and said let's go for a warm up run - only my feet decided they didn't want to run, they tangled and i got to wear a stupid half-cast for a while!

most of my injuries have been huge bloody scrapes (mostly my knees and hands in school) and burns. none twirling related though! oh wait, one was. but i have had a lot of burns! and plenty of scars to prove it!!

ubbloco

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Flirt_Babenewbie
1 post

Posted:
ive broken a few bones... not that many but dey sure did kill!

anyway da first bone i broke was when i was around 6, i fell out of a tree and fractured my wrist! lol its funny now but was so not bak den! anotha time i broke my collarbone surfing. i got dunked and my board flew out and hit me in da colarbone! ouch! dat was last year wen i was 13. da next time i broke sumfin it was my leg, i broke it skateboarding. it was 2 n a half months ago n i was bein a real idiot and sayin i could do a trick off my balcony. the fence had broken the week before and we were waiting 2 get it fixed. anyway i tried to board off it and wadya no? my board slipped and i fell rite onto the ground. it was pretty high up and i landed straight onto my right leg. i busted my ankle pretty bad and also fractured my fibula and tibia. dat got me 3 months in a cast and crutches. i learned not 2 do dat again. now im on my last half a month and i cant wait 2 get da cast off!

so al2getha dats a broken leg, arm and collarbone

cya!