• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Discussion > More poi in the movies....

Login/Join to Participate

Big Andy
BRONZE Member since Apr 2003

Total posts: 186
Posted:I'm sure someone here has seen it already, but we rented "Runaway Jury" with John Cusack and Gene Hackman and the guy who played Pablo Escobar in "Blow".

It's set in new Orleans, and there's a decent length scene in which you can see someone spinning double wick fire poi and another person blowing fire.

It was kinda cool, caught me by surprise.

Anyone here know spinners in New Orleans that might have been involved? I believe it was filmed on location in New Orleans. It came out in 2002.

Just something I thought I'd share.

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!"

"Welcome to the U-S-A,
We'll treat you right, unless you're black or gay, or Cherokeeeeee!!"

-Brian Griffin from "Family Guy" (the dog)

Delete Topic

gita
SILVER Member since Oct 2003

gita

.:*distracted by shiny things*:.

Total posts: 3776
Posted:hi there!

that was one of those movies, i thought 'wait for tv' but now i have this information - i may go to the video store & rent it!! biggrin

thanx ubblol

weavesmiley

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! grin it confuses people!

Delete

Big Andy
BRONZE Member since Apr 2003

Total posts: 186
Posted:Quote:
hi there!

that was one of those movies, i thought 'wait for tv' but now i have this information - i may go to the video store & rent it!! biggrin

thanx ubblol

weavesmiley

There are quite a few "movie lines" in it. You know, catchy phrases and such. But overall, it's pretty cool, a little predictable, but not that bad.

Based on some John Grisham novel.

Gets a recommend from me! At first I thought it was a double wick staff, but right before the camera turns away for the first time(he was windmilling i think), his timing gets a little off as he's transitioning, and you can tell for sure it's poi. Then, he's shown again in a more arial view, and very obviously doing poi. I believe some sort of butterly family moves the second time.

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!"

"Welcome to the U-S-A,
We'll treat you right, unless you're black or gay, or Cherokeeeeee!!"

-Brian Griffin from "Family Guy" (the dog)

Delete