ishkasallymoBRONZE Member
12 posts

Posted:
I'm in the middle of me exams in college and I found myself twirling outside my exam hall before they started... It felt a bit strange when everyone else was doing normal things like studying or smoking that last cigarette as if it's the last breath they'll take.... Instead of all that I seeked my solitude in poi.... Is this quite normal pray tell??

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Yep. Poi can be a meditation, a unification of body and mind into fluid movement, and a seperation of mind from the heavy thoughts. Or something like that!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Yes Meditation... or is that Procrastination

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I tend to prefer to go to my exams wearing a cape and a cows skull on my head... I then begin to chant and remove a goats head off it body, and the bath in it blood... I don't always pass the exams, but it puts other people off...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
That reminds me of a dance teacher that I had who told us before or solos to just relax and not think about it because movement is meditation for the mind. When the body gets caught up in something, the mind can relax and rest. I thought that was really cool.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

MoohaahaaBRONZE Member
enthusiast
382 posts

Posted:
POi is super good relaxation stuff.

My last job was working on an assembley line in a factory. By 4pm I was Mr bear with sore head KILL ALL THESE PEOPLE NOW, kinda man.
On my return home i would go into the garden with the poi and a spliff and twirl in the sun for an hour or so, and before you knew it, i was Mr sunshine flowers isn't life great kinda man.
Which was nice.

Some things you have to see to believe, but
Some things you have to believe in to see.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Arsn:
I tend to prefer to go to my exams wearing a cape and a cows skull on my head... I then begin to chant and remove a goats head off it body, and the bath in it blood... I don't always pass the exams, but it puts other people off...
yeah, I can imagine some would be a bit confused by that. Personally I don't use goats, they tend to eat everything else around them before I get to removing their heads. Sheep are a bit calmer and less annoyihg, plus they're damn cute and increase the ever so important shock value

But anywho, poi is a great thing for meditation and relaxation. It is my stress reliever, I can't go for long not spinning before the insanity sets in. It's great how your mind can just kind of shut off. Great way to get focused.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I actually just gave a presentation on success in higher education for people with learning disabilities. I actually used the example of spinning poi for a study break. It is meditation for me.

Is it normal? Hell NO!

Wouldn't be nearly as much fun if it were normal.

Peace.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura