duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
someone showed me some of this stuff a while back but i can't seem to find it anywhere. it comes in a squirty nozzle bottle and i think it might be aloe vera based. it means you can clan your hands with no water so i was thinking of using it to wash my hands before drumming after doing fire and posibly taking to glastonbury! biggrin

confuseddoes anyone know what this stuff is or where i can get it? has anyone else tried using it with black parafin stained hands yet? does it work?

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

KatrinaGOLD Member
enthusiast
352 posts

Posted:
If it's the stuff I'm thinking of it probably won't remove stains. It's alcohol based so evaporates off the skin but "cleanes" in the sense that it kills the germs and bugs rather than majorly removes the dirt I think...

they use it in hospitals/food prep for hygeine... don't know where you'd get it retail though. sorry.

One day i'll learn to resist gravity...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I used it last night and was going to look into getting some......will go see who makes it and try get some......but I am in Aust...

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
i think that might be the sanitser they use at places like hungry jack's/burger king - you wash then fry your hands, then use this stuff after fir antibacterial duty. i think it is available in retal, but you might have to go to a speciality sore for it.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

KatrinaGOLD Member
enthusiast
352 posts

Posted:
Quote:

hungry jack's/burger king - you wash then fry your hands

wow, i'm glad I don't work there! ubblol *ahem* sorry, couldn't resist!

One day i'll learn to resist gravity...

erikaMishBRONZE Member
33 posts

Posted:
i use that stuff all day! i have a bottle of it in each car, in each room of my house and a little one in my purse... not that i'm obssessive about it, but it comes in handy.
go to: www.purell.com and then click the top link "consumer" to see more about it.
however, i never EVER use it when i spin fire because it's mostly alcohol. i mean, i doubt your hand will cath on fire if you rubbed this on, but i wouldn't recomend putting alcohol on your skin when you're holding chains with fire!!! ubblol

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
theres a little bottle in the staff room at work, although cant remember whats it called. shall have a look on saturday. although i think you could prolly find it if you wandered around boots for a lil while.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hey Dub' - You can buy it in a lot of pharmacies now - I know Superdrug stock it - I can't remember what it's called, but just ask someone and they'll know what you're talking about.

From my experience, it dries really quickly - too quick too have a good scrub and soot marks

Really hurts in cuts too eek

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
that gel gets my vote as the most psychedelic cleaning aid since...stuff.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Dude, get some baby wipes. Good for a sore bottom too ubbangel

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
I'm sure I found that stuff in the toilets of some festival. In fact it was the Beautiful Days. I thought it was quite good but I'm not sure if it will get rid of all those delightful black marks... wink Quite a good idea though

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
Wet-naps or alcohol swabs work good, because you have something rub with, or just use the other stuff and put it on some paper towel or something.

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
thanx guys... hug
i may try and get some just for experimental value but i looks like baby wipes could be the way forward! biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
Body Shop do it! i'm sure they do, or at least they did for glastonbury last year but its not as impressive as it sounds, you can also get a shampoo equivalent but i stuck with babywipes after 2 days in!

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
yo Dubb, you could always use a barrier creame before hand and it shouldn't affect your grip. Otherwise babywipes are the way to go, they're just about the best thing for festies. You can even bath yourself in them in your tent!! ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

fee fairynewbie
34 posts

Posted:
i used to get some in Clarie's accessories. it was called waterless soap or something. i got the coconut flavour stuff. i think it was about 2.50 maybe 3.00.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
the squirty nozzle aloe vera based stuff is great for when you're just about to eat and for getting wet stains and mess off if you have a tissue with it but it would be a bit pants against paraffin marks... it's pretty pants against black marks from pots that have been burning over a fire,
You can get it anywhere, just look in the soap section and read the backs... sometimes it says it on the front
most supermarkets stock it
have a great weekend
baby wipes and deodorant wipes are the way forward

Monkeys monkeys and bananas